🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Congress is 'poster child for cowardess' in ducking war debate

R

rdean

“This House appears to have no problem sending our uniformed men and women into harm’s way. It appears to have no problem spending billions of dollars for the arms, equipment and airpower to carry out these wars, but it just can’t bring itself to step up to the plate and take responsibility for these wars,” said McGovern, D-Worcester.The president authorized air strikes in Iraq and Syria against ISIS last August. Four months ago, he asked Congress to take up a resolution authorizing military force against the terrorist group. But, House leaders have shown no signs they will take up the measure, even as they complain about Obama's policies, McGovern said.“Our service men and women are brave and dedicated. Congress, however, is the poster child for cowardess,” he said.

“If this House doesn’t have the stomach to carry out its Constitutional duty to debate and authorize this latest war, then we should bring our troops home,” McGovern said. “If the cowardly Congress can go home each night to their families and loved ones, then our brave troops should receive that same privilege.

McGovern Congress is poster child for cowardess in ducking war debate - News - MetroWest Daily News Framingham MA - Framingham MA

Come on. Republicans don't care about our troops. That's been established. As for following the constitution, remember, these are Republicans.

The troops need to come home. No debate needed. If, somehow, it is republicans holding up the debate to send them in then I applaud them. I'll applaud them more if they vote to bring them home.

Yep run away with your tail between your legs, go figure, so when and where do you make a stand? My guess, when its too late.

The leadership of the Dem's are still stuck on Nam, lack the courage and ability to lead, that is without consulting their polling data furnished by their followers.

The troops need to come home. No debate needed. If, somehow, it is republicans holding up the debate to send them in then I applaud them. I'll applaud them more if they vote to bring them home.

Yep run away with your tail between your legs, go figure, so when and where do you make a stand? My guess, when its too late.
Make a stand where it matters you scum. The middle east is a wasteland full of lunatics. It's on the complete opposite side of the planet, and somehow its 1st-world neighbors don't feel compelled to care.

But America has despicable bastards like yourself, who are never comfortable when American soldiers aren't coming home in caskets. If you feel so strongly, go over there and fight you coward. Nobody's stopping you.

Make a stand where it matters you scum. The middle east is a wasteland full of lunatics. It's on the complete opposite side of the planet, and somehow its 1st-world neighbors don't feel compelled to care.

But America has despicable bastards like yourself, who are never comfortable when American soldiers aren't coming home in caskets. If you feel so strongly, go over there and fight you coward. Nobody's stopping you.
Republicans here are lunatics. There is no plan. They don't even know who they want to fight against.

Say what? A democrat wants authorization for Military force? Not likely but otherwise you almost gotta laugh. Everything including hurricane Katrina was blamed on president Bush but now the idiot prog left manages to convince themselves that poor Barry Hussein is powerless and out of the picture. I wish it was so.

Say what? A democrat wants authorization for Military force? Not likely but otherwise you almost gotta laugh. Everything including hurricane Katrina was blamed on president Bush but now the idiot prog left manages to convince themselves that poor Barry Hussein is powerless and out of the picture. I wish it was so.
No one blamed Bush for hurricane Katrina. One of the more stupid statements. But they did blame him for what happened after, dunce. Obama received kudos even from Republicans after Sandy. And with good reason. Good Job Brownie!

Cowardess my ass.

Anyone who want our troops back in Iraq is fucking idiot.

We left there, at Iraq's demand, three years ago. We left them with a duly elected Govt, and a trained Army. They lost it all in three years.

No way should any more of our troops be sent to the ME. Any that are over there should be brought home.

Let the Arab League fight ISIS. They are all Muslim. Let em all kill each other. If the League can't or won't tough fucking shit.

We've lost enough young men and women in the ME. No way should we lose any more.

Republicans in the House are balking at sending American troops into harms way under the "leadership" of a President who doesn't really want them there in the first place and will put so many restrictions on how they conduct missions that they might as well NOT be there!

No one blamed Bush for hurricane Katrina. One of the more stupid statements. But they did blame him for what happened after, dunce. Obama received kudos even from Republicans after Sandy. And with good reason. Good Job Brownie!

The debacle that followed Katrina was never about Bush...he was just the scapegoat that you liberals blamed instead of admitting that the problem was created by Democratic leaders in New Orleans siphoning off billions of Federal dollars to fix the levees of that city...a Democratic Mayor who didn't evacuate as a class 5 hurricane bore down on a city that sits below sea level...and a Democratic Governor that wouldn't relinquish control of the emergency response because she didn't want to appear "weak".

Compare what happened in New Orleans with what happened in GOP run States with other major storms...

Republicans in the House are balking at sending American troops into harms way under the "leadership" of a President who doesn't really want them there in the first place and will put so many restrictions on how they conduct missions that they might as well NOT be there!

I agree. Those idiots want our men and women to fight a war with both hands tied behind their backs and ridiculous rules of engagement.

No way should anymore of our troops die in the ME fighting a war with a CIC who doesn't support them.

Let the Arab League battle ISIS. After all those butchers are murdering other Muslims.

Obama withdrew all our troops Deany
Don't be stupid.
OMG the irony..... I nearly spit my iced tea out
You mean you are too fucking stupid to know there are still troops in the Middle East? Seriously? You're even worse off than I thought. Only thing left is to pity you.

number of American troops currently in the middle east - Google Search
The irony is THICK.

Any stupid ass can get into a fight, especially when their is no reason to fight,(aka Iraq), so you boy gwb fucked that up for us.
It takes someone with intelligence, which you seem to lack, to use their brain to out smart their opponent.
Again, that is way over your simple headed thinking,
Thank goodness we have some intelligent life in the White house.

To fight a war a country needs a leader. We lack that.

Any stupid ass can get into a fight, especially when their is no reason to fight,(aka Iraq), so you boy gwb fucked that up for us.
It takes someone with intelligence, which you seem to lack, to use their brain to out smart their opponent.
Again, that is way over your simple headed thinking,
Thank goodness we have some intelligent life in the White house.

To fight a war a country needs a leader. We lack that.
Obama will never lead angry racists white.

Forum List

Back