🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Congressman Conyers tells detroit - 'Keep Your Paws Off The Water'

Sounds like a sorry situation for those unwilling to pay...

It seems like some on this board are willing kick them when they're down too. Good thing republicans are a dying breed.

Hey stupid. All cities have a policy of shutting off utilities if you're months behind in your payments. Only difference here is that detroit is all black and blacks always insist on special treatment.

Still no response on the option of LIENS; cutting off the water means fire, health and other hazards, but to attack the poor is a new hobby of haters.

They ain't poor. They get $30,000 a year in welfare. They can pay - they just refuse to.

You people should really do your homework.

Sorry..................but the major debtors for the water bills are corporations, not private citizens.

Good to see that the racism and bigotry is still alive and well.................John Burke would be proud.

Excellent point! The conservatard bigots in this thread refuse to acknowledge that.

Even being told about how wrong they are, they probably still won't get it. Why don't you post your source for that, along with a quote from it that outlines the specific numbers for the total overdue water bills and the amounts that are owed by corporations. Maybe then conservatards will understand that corporations are not people, but leeches sucking the life from the proletariat underclass.

^^^ That. I'm hungry for chinese food today, anyone else? Does that make me a racist? I'm racist simply by ideology .. Never mind, I answered my own question.:eek:

Sorry..................but the major debtors for the water bills are corporations, not private citizens.

Good to see that the racism and bigotry is still alive and well.................John Burke would be proud.

So this city is cutting off the water to citizens that have paid their water bills? :cuckoo:

Yes, it's all the new rage in major liberal cities. Only those who pay their past due bills , having been past due for over 2 to 3 yrs, get their services turned off once paid.

So this city is cutting off the water to citizens that have paid their water bills? :cuckoo:

Didn't say that. You interpreted it to say what you'd posted.

The city isn't cutting off the water to citizens that have paid their bills, they are rather cutting off the water of the citizens who don't have the money or the lawyers (i.e. the corporations) to challenge them.

I mean.......................Joe Average who earns 30,000/year or less isn't going to bring up a case against the city, nor are they going to bring up a case against the utility companies unless they know they are going to win.

Corporations? They tend to let the bills go and let the companies go after the smaller fish, because they are lawyered up to the max, and can let a lawsuit like that go for several years.

The city is cutting off the water to the citizens, because they know they can't bring a lawsuit. They let the corporations off the hook because they know the corporations have a lot more money to fight it with, resulting in a much costlier lawsuit.

Yeah.........................sometimes I wish I was a corporation, because I'd be "equal but greater".

Didn't say that. You interpreted it to say what you'd posted.

The city isn't cutting off the water to citizens that have paid their bills, they are rather cutting off the water of the citizens who don't have the money or the lawyers (i.e. the corporations) to challenge them.

I mean.......................Joe Average who earns 30,000/year or less isn't going to bring up a case against the city, nor are they going to bring up a case against the utility companies unless they know they are going to win.

Corporations? They tend to let the bills go and let the companies go after the smaller fish, because they are lawyered up to the max, and can let a lawsuit like that go for several years.

The city is cutting off the water to the citizens, because they know they can't bring a lawsuit. They let the corporations off the hook because they know the corporations have a lot more money to fight it with, resulting in a much costlier lawsuit.

Yeah.........................sometimes I wish I was a corporation, because I'd be "equal but greater".

He was being sarcastic, dummy.

The article in the OP says "Thousands of residents"

The article in the OP says "Thousands of residents"

Yeah...................but that's because they're looking for sensationalism.

"Thousands of residents" sounds much scarier than "a few corporations", which happen to be using the most water.

BTW...................did you know that all of the walnuts in America come from California? Additionally, did you know that it takes 4 gallons of water to grow 1 walnut?

Is it racism that the city shuts off the water for non payment for the citizens? Non payment means they did not pay their water bill, If I am correct. How is that racist? That has nothing to do with their race.

Corporation water bills are a different animal. Shut down the corporation, too. But that has nothing to do with the individual home owner and you DO know that.

Is it racism that the city shuts off the water for non payment for the citizens? Non payment means they did not pay their water bill, If I am correct. How is that racist? That has nothing to do with their race.

Corporation water bills are a different animal. Shut down the corporation, too. But that has nothing to do with the individual home owner and you DO know that.

So........................corporations get a pass (when they owe more than 1,000 private citizens) and we screw over the private person?

Good call......................you're a supporter of the oligarchy.

So........................corporations get a pass (when they owe more than 1,000 private citizens) and we screw over the private person?

Good call......................you're a supporter of the oligarchy.

Just where did I write that the corporations get a pass? I just bolded "Shut down the corporation, too. Any person or corporation that cannot pay their water bill gets their water turned off. Very easy to understand.

Yeah.......................but the poor people who can't afford to fight city hall get theirs turned off almost immediately, while those who happen to be part of a large corporation can afford to have theirs keep going while the suit is debated in the halls of justice.

Good to know that the rich can afford to delay things, while the poor have to pay right away.

what a bunch of deadbeats

for the rest of us, we don't pay our bills we get utilities SHUT OFF..but now Detroit has special people

all the libs here should take a collection and PAY some of their bills while you beat your chest about how everyone is a bigot and uncaring

how disgusting is Conyers? he should be jailed for inciting a riot

Last edited:
what a bunch of deadbeats

for the rest of us, we don't pay our bills we get utilities SHUT OFF..but now Detroit has special people

all the libs here should take a collection and PAY some of their bills while you beat your chest about how everyone is a bigot and uncaring

how disgusting is Conyers? he should be jailed for inciting a riot

If those who don't pay their bills get their utilities SHUT OFF, then can you answer why it is that the corporations in Detroit get a free pass?

If corporations are people (as Mittens RobMe said) then why don't they have their water cut off like the rest of the people?

I'm just wondering who "John Burke" is?

Is he past due on his water bill too?

Seems to me that a MAJOR corporation in Detroit, General Motors, got one helluva "free pass" by the Bush and Obama administrations, when they were saved from bankruptcy and insolvency with taxpayer money.

I don't see any liberals bitching about that. I guess that's because thousands of UNION JOBS were saved in the process, too.

I'm just wondering who "John Burke" is?

Is he past due on his water bill too?

Actually, he's not past due on his water bill, he's been dead for a couple of years.

Probably why I told you to look it up yourself.

He's actually the person who laid down the groundwork that the Teabaggers are based upon.

I challenge you to do a cross reference between the Tea Party, the Koch brothers and the John Burke society.

If you follow it properly, you're going to see that it's all interconnected. The Koch brothers had a father (who made a butt ton of money in oil that they inherited), who was a firm member of the John Burke society. That makes the Koch brothers connected to John Burke because of their father's beliefs.

The Tea Party is based quite a bit on what the John Burke society believed, and it was a "grass roots movement" (based on what the Koch brothers contributed) as well as the PR that Dick Armey was willing to lay out.

Sorry....................but it's actually the corporations (that the Koch brothers protect) that is destroying Detroit.

On a side note....................if I saw either one of those evil bastards known as the Koch brothers show up on my property, I'd give them 30 seconds to leave my property after I called them the greedy assholes that they are, and then would like to spend the next several hours kicking their asses if they didn't leave the property in 30 seconds.

Fuck the Koch brothers......................I hope they choke on their bullshit, and I also hope it comes back to bite them in the ass.

Democrats destroyed these people's lives then they ride in as if they are a savior screaming, keep your hands off their water

are these elected people just horrible jokes or what?

Forum List

Back