Congresswoman Admits "Assault Weapons" Ban is "Just the Beginning"

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
What have we been hearing from the libtards here? "No one wants to take you guns away"... who in the fuck do these jack offs think they're fooling?

As reported by Breitbart.com this week, anti-gun U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) was interviewed at a rally on February 13, and admitted to the reporter that proposed gun and magazine ban legislation (S. 150, the "Assault Weapons Ban of 2013") is "just the beginning" of a broader gun control agenda that will eventually include handguns.

According to the article, Schakowsky--who has a well-deserved "F" rating from NRA's Political Victory Fund--told the reporter, "We want everything on the table. This is a moment of opportunity. There’s no question about it."

"We’re on a roll now," Schakowsky continued, "and I think we’ve got to take the--you know, we’re gonna push as hard as we can and as far as we can."

The reporter asked, "So the assault weapons ban is just the beginning?"

To which Schakowsky replied, "Oh absolutely. I mean, I’m against handguns. We have, in Illinois, the Council Against Handgun... something. Yeah, I’m a member of that. So, absolutely."

NRA-ILA | Congresswoman Admits "Assault Weapons" Ban is "Just the Beginning"

156729_355153374604520_1918785096_n_zps249e6667.jpg

Obviously this "Representative" has never read Federalist No. 28. This excerpt is explicitly referring the Federal House of Reps. Full article is in this link:

http://www.constitution.org/fed/federa28.htm

If the Representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair. The usurpers, clothed with the forms of legal authority, can too often crush the opposition in embryo. The smaller the extent of the territory, the more difficult will it be for the people to form a regular or systematic plan of opposition, and the more easy will it be to defeat their early efforts. Intelligence can be more speedily obtained of their preparations and movements, and the military force in the possession of the usurpers can be more rapidly directed against the part where the opposition has begun. In this situation there must be a peculiar coincidence of circumstances to insure success to the popular resistance.

The obstacles to usurpation and the facilities of resistance increase with the increased extent of the state, provided the citizens understand their rights and are disposed to defend them. The natural strength of the people in a large community, in proportion to the artificial strength of the government, is greater than in a small, and of course more competent to a struggle with the attempts of the government to establish a tyranny. But in a confederacy the people, without exaggeration, may be said to be entirely the masters of their own fate. Power being almost always the rival of power, the general government will at all times stand ready to check the usurpations of the state governments, and these will have the same disposition towards the general government. The people, by throwing themselves into either scale, will infallibly make it preponderate. If their rights are invaded by either, they can make use of the other as the instrument of redress. How wise will it be in them by cherishing the union to preserve to themselves an advantage which can never be too highly prized!

It may safely be received as an axiom in our political system, that the State governments will, in all possible contingencies, afford complete security against invasions of the public liberty by the national authority. Projects of usurpation cannot be masked under pretenses so likely to escape the penetration of select bodies of men, as of the people at large. The legislatures will have better means of information. They can discover the danger at a distance; and possessing all the organs of civil power, and the confidence of the people, they can at once adopt a regular plan of opposition, in which they can combine all the resources of the community. They can readily communicate with each other in the different States, and unite their common forces for the protection of their common liberty.

Last edited:
Obviously this "Representative" has never read Federalist No. 28.

Very possibly correct.

But the following makes me wonder if YOU read it?

It may safely be received as an axiom in our political system, that the State governments will, in all possible contingencies, afford complete security against invasions of the public liberty by the national authority.

Good job sourcing Breitbart.

And Janet Reno, who isn't around DC much these days.

Fuckwits.
A quote of what someone said is what they said. Doesn't matter where the quote comes from, tard.

And that bull dyke libroid skank and your idol Janet might not be around, but what she said is still deep rooted in the minds of anti constitution, America hating shit stain leftists like you.

Go fuck yourself.

Last edited:

Very possibly correct.

It may safely be received as an axiom in our political system, that the State governments will, in all possible contingencies, afford complete security against invasions of the public liberty by the national authority.

That's when State governments were sovereign entities. They are vassals to the Federal Government now.

The Ninth and Tenth Amendments are dead. The 17th Amendment (Changing how Senators were chosen) nailed the corpse of States Rights in the coffin (a silent repeal of the 10th Amendment). The 16th Amendment + Federal Reserve effectively nullified Article 1, Section 10, Clause 1 of the United States Constitution, that allowed the States to Coin silver and gold to meaningfully pay debts (not to mention the other Corporate Private/Government Horrors that the combination of the 16th Amendment + Federal Reserve created).

Also, do you actually believe in States Rights?

Last edited:
Any bets as to whether Congresswoman Jan Schakowski (D-IL) has the Hammer and Sickle tatooed onto her nipples and her pubic area? I'd be willing to bet she does with maybe an image of Marx on one buttock and Lenin on the other.
Just another Illinois Commie pulling for Comrade Barack. Once you get the guns out of private hands it becomes "The better to seize you with" for the Commies.

Like with Nanny State Mike Bloomberg, when you run for office in a territory where the majority of the votes cast will be coming from the thugs and slugs and the ne'er do wells of whom most have never worked a day in their life it becomes a contest of who can promise the voters the most free stuff and when you get into office your problem is (1) how to deliver on the free stuff you promised and (2) how to keep the free stuff coming lest you face an open revolt. Like Nanny State Mike, you start by chiseling a little bit around the edges with the Big Gulp ban and limits of the Sodium intake, trying to cut down on your welfare medical costs, but eventually it degenerates to the point where you have to start putting the barrel of a gun to the backs of the mark's heads, the people with any money. When that time comes you wanna make sure that you're the only one holdin' any of the guns, cause if one o the folks youre tryin to extract your take from is holdin' a gun too, that sure could put a crimp in your day. Just a little somethin' most Democrats and Commies learn in the early days when they're out holdin people up in the streets just to feed themselves.

"All power emanates from the barrel of a gun" Former Communist Party Chairman Mao Tse Tung.
Favorite quote of quite a few of Comrade Obama's current and former administration members

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
Illinois politicians screaming the loudest for strict national gun control laws.....how ironic. Anyone checked the gun violence stats in Chicago lately? Illinois needs to do something about its own gun violence before they can wag their finger at the nation.

Very possibly correct.

That's when State governments were sovereign entities. They are vassals to the Federal Government now.

The Ninth and Tenth Amendments are dead. The 17th Amendment (Changing how Senators were chosen) nailed the corpse of States Rights in the coffin (a silent repeal of the 10th Amendment). The 16th Amendment + Federal Reserve effectively nullified Article 1, Section 10, Clause 1 of the United States Constitution, that allowed the States to Coin silver and gold to meaningfully pay debts (not to mention the other Corporate Private/Government Horrors that the combination of the 16th Amendment + Federal Reserve created).

The state governments were never ‘sovereign entities,’ it was never the intent of the Framers that they be perceived as such. See: Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the US Constitution, and Cooper v. Aaron (1958).

Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions.

Supremacy Clause | LII / Legal Information Institute

What have we been hearing from the libtards here? "No one wants to take you guns away"... who in the fuck do these jack offs think they're fooling?

As reported by Breitbart.com this week, anti-gun U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) was interviewed at a rally on February 13, and admitted to the reporter that proposed gun and magazine ban legislation (S. 150, the "Assault Weapons Ban of 2013") is "just the beginning" of a broader gun control agenda that will eventually include handguns.

According to the article, Schakowsky--who has a well-deserved "F" rating from NRA's Political Victory Fund--told the reporter, "We want everything on the table. This is a moment of opportunity. There’s no question about it."

"We’re on a roll now," Schakowsky continued, "and I think we’ve got to take the--you know, we’re gonna push as hard as we can and as far as we can."

To which Schakowsky replied, "Oh absolutely. I mean, I’m against handguns. We have, in Illinois, the Council Against Handgun... something. Yeah, I’m a member of that. So, absolutely."

What evidence do you have this individual is a ‘liberal’?

What evidence do you have this individual speaks for all ‘liberals,’ or represents all ‘liberals.’

Otherwise your OP is known as a hasty generalization fallacy, and its premise fails accordingly.

Last, nowhere in the article does it state the lawmaker in question advocates any form of ‘confiscation.’

What evidence do you have this individual speaks for all ‘liberals,’ or represents all ‘liberals.’

Otherwise your OP is known as a hasty generalization fallacy, and its premise fails accordingly.

Last, nowhere in the article does it state the lawmaker in question advocates any form of ‘confiscation.’
You are stupid beyond words, only to be rivaled by your reading comprehension ineptitude.

I said the liberals "HERE", not the woman in the article, AND, the article CLEARLY states the GOAL is to push for as MUCH CONTROL AS POSSIBLE, and we ALL KNOW what that means.

Now go peddle your mind numbing STUPIDITY somewhere else.... sheeeeezuz.... :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
Very possibly correct.

The state governments were never ‘sovereign entities,’ it was never the intent of the Framers that they be perceived as such. See: Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the US Constitution, and Cooper v. Aaron (1958).

Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions.

1958? See the 10th amendment. The states were to be semi-autonomous, with the federal gov't having overruling authority in few very specific matters

You just keep proving either how ignorant you are or how you think you can fool the rest of us into believing you think the 2nd will stand.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Dual sovereignty faggot. Go away your credibility is now void. I bet you relish in the death of State Sovereignty.

The Supremacy Clause is Supreme where the powers of the Federal Government are ENUMERATED.

Forum List

Back