Conn. Gov: ‘Guns Aren’t Making You Safer In Your House’

Well I suppose the good Governor will regulate his militia how ever he sees fit. Darn states rights.

I do disagree btw. Wonder how far he can go before D.C. steps in.

he can regulate the milita when he calls it, which means he can determine how it forms and what they need to bring with them when they form, and how they select officers.

What he can't impinge on is the PEOPLE's right to keep and bear arms, which is seperate from milita service, and the regulation of said militia.

The Militia is no longer under the control of the States, it is now under the control of the President.
Thanks to two incompetent Democrats in Louisiana (the Mayor of New Orleans and the Governor) after Hurricane Katrina, the Republicans over reacted and got a bill through in 2007,with the help of the Democrats who took over congress again in 2007, that takes the States Governors rights away with their National Guard.

National Guard of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The John Warner(Repub) Defense Authorization Act of 2007 Pub.L. 109-364 Federal law was changed in section 1076 so that the Governor of a state is no longer the sole commander in chief of their state's National Guard during emergencies within the state. The President of the United States will now be able to take total control of a state's National Guard units without the governor's consent. In a letter to Congress, all 50 governors opposed the increase in power of the President over the National Guard.

The Progressives in both Parties are out of control.

The national guard is not the unorganized milita.

Also the president has ALWAYS been able to nationalize the state's guard, as what happened in the south during the civil rights movement.

If one has a gun and has used it to stop a criminal, that's GREAT.

Just be damned sure that you're not holding that gun when the cops finally arrive.

We have read of far too many cases where the cops killed the homeowner by mistake, right?

If one has a gun and has used it to stop a criminal, that's GREAT.

Just be damned sure that you're not holding that gun when the cops finally arrive.

We have read of far too many cases where the cops killed the homeowner by mistake, right?

How many cases would that be?

Well I suppose the good govenor will regulate his militia how ever he sees fit. Darn states rights.
What's that have to do with the right of the people to keep and bear arms?

Got me.

For some reason though that is the Ammendment. We can only be left to wonder why the founding fathers worded it that way. Probably so in upcoming centuries folks could decide artillery needed ti be regulated out of the hands of the common man.

Forum List

Back