Conservative politicians in Washington have a special message for the middle- class:

Please cut and paste the section that back's the claims of the far left!

See how they far left refuses to provide proof and reality?

They just hop on a narrative and run!
I don't know what the far left might do other that what I'm going to provide for your Doubting Thomas Ass, but here's what I found in less than three (3) minutes;

https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/hr1180/BILLS-115hr1180rh.pdf

At Section 2 it states;

"
6 SEC. 2. COMPENSATORY TIME.

7 Section 7 of the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938

8 (29 U.S.C. 207) is amended by adding at the end the fol9

lowing:

10 ‘‘(s) COMPENSATORY TIME OFF FOR PRIVATE EM11

PLOYEES.—

12 ‘‘(1) GENERAL RULE.—An employee may receive,

13 in accordance with this subsection and in lieu of

14 monetary overtime compensation, compensatory time

15 off at a rate not less than one and one-half hours for

16 each hour of employment for which overtime com17

pensation is required by this section.

18 ‘‘(2) CONDITIONS.—An employer may provide

19 compensatory time to employees under paragraph (1)

20 only if such time is provided in accordance with—

21 ‘‘(A) applicable provisions of a collective

22 bargaining agreement between the employer and

23 the labor organization that has been certified or

24 recognized as the representative of the employees

25 under applicable law; or

VerDate Sep 11 2014 20:45 Apr 28, 2017 Jkt 069200 PO 00000 Frm 00003 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6203 E:\BILLS\H1180.RH H1180 sradovich on DSK3GMQ082PROD with BILLS

HR 1180 RH

1 ‘‘(B) in the case of an employee who is not

2 represented by a labor organization that has

3 been certified or recognized as the representative

4 of such employee under applicable law, an agree5

ment arrived at between the employer and em6

ployee before the performance of the work and af7

firmed by a written or otherwise verifiable record

8 maintained in accordance with section 11(c)—

9 ‘‘(i) in which the employer has offered

10 and the employee has chosen to receive com11

pensatory time in lieu of monetary overtime

12 compensation; and

13 ‘‘(ii) entered into knowingly and vol14

untarily by such employee and not as a

15 condition of employment.

16 No employee may receive or agree to receive compen17

satory time off under this subsection unless the em18

ployee has worked at least 1,000 hours for the employ19

ee’s employer during a period of continuous employ20

ment with the employer in the 12-month period before

21 the date of agreement or receipt of compensatory time

22 off."

And what you posted does not fit the far left religious dogma being spewed..
And what you posted does not fit the far left religious dogma being spewed..
Nope, and that's so lame it's on crutches!! What I posted proved is 1) you're a lazy mother fucker that wouldn't do three minutes work, 2) that you were fucking wrong AGAIN about the alleged "fake news" 3) that you're a fucking idiot trying to tie religious dogma to the topic of the OP, and, 4) thinking that you can survive 24/7/365 with your head that far up your ravaged ass!!!!

Fake news as the only source for this is Warren..

But then again anyone who cheered and supported Obamacare did the most damage to the middle class ever!

But do you expect from a racist far left drone!

Okay, then here's some links you might like better...............

From the White House link................

The Administration supports H.R. 1180, the Working Families Flexibility Act of 2017. H.R. 1180 would amend the Fair Labor Standards Act to allow private-sector employers to give their employees the choice to receive paid time off instead of cash payments for each hour of time for which overtime compensation would otherwise be required. The bill would extend to private-sector workers a choice that public-sector employees have long enjoyed.

H.R. 1180 – Working Families Flexibility Act of 2017 (Rep. Roby, R-AL, and 17 cosponsors)

Why you should care about the House's overtime pay bill
Does this clarify anything for you?

This Bill does not give the employer any new rights over the employee. It is the worker who stands to benefit by the new rules. Under existing law, the employer must pay time and one-half the hourly rate for all overtime hours worked. Under the proposed legislation, the employee may offer the employee compensatory time off instead of overtime pay. For each hour worked in an overtime status, the employee would be offered 1 ½ hours of compensatory time off. The decision whether to accept overtime pay or compensatory time off is up to the employee, not the employer.

The Bill specifically provides that compensatory time off can only be granted by written agreement between the employer and employee prior to the work being performed. The Bill also provides the following protections to the employee:

COMPENSATION DATE.—Not later than January 31 of each calendar year, the employee’s employer shall provide monetary compensation for any unused compensatory time off accrued during the preceding calendar year that was not used prior to December 31 of the preceding year at the rate prescribed by paragraph (6). An employer may designate and communicate to the employer’s employees a 12-month period other than the calendar year, in which case such compensation shall be provided not later than 31 days after the end of such 12-month period.

An employee may withdraw an agreement described in paragraph (2)(B) at any time. An employee may also request in writing that monetary compensation be provided, at any time, for all compensatory time accrued that has not yet been used. Within 30 days of receiving the written request, the employer shall provide the employee the monetary compensation due in accordance with paragraph (6).

Text - H.R.1180 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Working Families Flexibility Act of 2017

I think the Bill is a good thing for the workers. It gives them the choice between overtime pay and paid time off. I know a lot of workers who would rather have 1 ½ hours of compensatory time off for each hour worked in an overtime status rather than the overtime pay. If I were a working man, I would want the Bill to pass.

Last edited:
I have one more thing to say This Bill is a blessing for all the working men and women in this country. There is no legitimate reason for opposing it. Those who criticize it do so only because the idea comes from the Trump administration.

The ultra-liberal, far left, looney-tunes hypocrites who challenge the Bill are in favor of freedom of choice for everyone and everything except when it comes to the guys and gals who put in a 40-50 hour work week and come home tired at the end of the day. The working men and women in this country want to CHOOSE between receiving time and one-half wages for each overtime hour worked or receiving one and one-half hours of compensatory time off for each hour in an overtime status. Those who oppose the workers' choice are nothing but Trump-bashing buffoons.

Two words: screw them.

A special message for every union member. This Bill does not require your employer to grant compensatory time in lieu of overtime wages, it merely makes it acceptable for your employer to offer it. However, If this Bill becomes law, your union has the absolute right to negotiate the provisions of the new law into the labor agreement. Once it is a part of the labor-management agreement it is binding upon the employer. Without the Bill, such negotiations would be in violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act.

Forum List

Back