Conservative professor Mike Adams was found dead in his home yesterday...In the past weeks, cancel culture came for him & the mob demanded he be fired

Good grief - he was only 55. If this were a covid death and not a cancel death, it would be leading the news right now.

This happened in my high school and I LOVE IT!

Justin Kucera, a 28-year-old social studies teacher and baseball coach at Walled Lake Western High School, said he was summoned to a Zoom meeting with district administrators and questioned about three tweets he sent July 6.

Kucera retweeted a Trump tweet, saying "SCHOOLS MUST OPEN IN THE FALL!!!" and also tweeted:

"I'm done being silent. @realDonaldTrump is our president ... Don't @ me"

The latter tweet received several responses, including one that Kucera responded to with a tweet that said, "Liberals suck man." The tweet was later deleted.

Now his job has been deleted. LOL

He will sue.
Wha ever happened to tort reform and frivolous lawsuits?

And I thought republicans were all about right to work? An employer they say should be able to fire any employee they want And shouldn’t even have to give an excuse.
If the employer is the government, however, the Constitution applies. Or would you prefer that a public school allow a teacher to lead the class in prayer before class starts? He can in a private school, can't in a government school. See the difference?
Right. Teacher can’t lead prayer.

But free speech is not protected by the constitution. If it were trump wouldn’t have been able to fire comey.
Your ridiculous leaps of logic are astounding and laughable.

Good grief - he was only 55. If this were a covid death and not a cancel death, it would be leading the news right now.

Justin Kucera, a 28-year-old social studies teacher and baseball coach at Walled Lake Western High School, said he was summoned to a Zoom meeting with district administrators and questioned about three tweets he sent July 6.

Kucera retweeted a Trump tweet, saying "SCHOOLS MUST OPEN IN THE FALL!!!" and also tweeted:

The latter tweet received several responses, including one that Kucera responded to with a tweet that said, "Liberals suck man." The tweet was later deleted.

A private school can hire and fire whomever and for whatever reasons, or none. A government school, OTOH, should not be able to fire a teacher simply for expressing a political opinion. That's in essence the government violating his free speech rights.
100% correct, as long as his speech occurred outside of his job.

Kind of tough when you are a professor of criminology and sociology. Not sure what he said in his classroom, however he said a lot on Facebook.

A private school can hire and fire whomever and for whatever reasons, or none. A government school, OTOH, should not be able to fire a teacher simply for expressing a political opinion. That's in essence the government violating his free speech rights.

You people who celebrate the deaths of people because their ideology is different are sick
He wasn't a criminal or destroying anyone else's things.

People on the Right...be aware....these people will kill you for your ideology.
Please exercise your rights if they violate the Castle Doctrine.
I don’t celebrate death or murder. I’m laughing at the teacher who got fired for tweeting liberals suck.

This is basic common sense. The reason I don’t talk political on Facebook is my employer might see it. So this guy is an idiot. No one wants to murder him you god damn fool.

Here is the kicker. This is a public school teacher who in the past would hav3 been protected by a union. Being a trump supporter and republican I hope the union doesn’t lift a finger to help him.

No more pension for this guy.

But relax. There are tons of private schools for him to go work for. Republicans hate public schools so he should go work for a private school. Or go work in th3 public sector. No reason in this great economy trump has given us this guy can’t go easily find another job.

Um, didn't the news say he was found dead? Or is that a different person?
I’m talking about a teacher in my home town.

i don’t know wha that guys death has to do with him being a conservative who was getting fired for his politics.

You don’t hav3 freedom of speech at work. Or you do but your employer also has the freedom to fire you

He was found dead in a wellness check. It appears his death was a suicide. Police are investigating but I don’t seriously think it’s a murder. He was out of the school with a $500,000 golden handshake in his pocket.

Condolences to his family but he brought his firing on himself.

"his Tweets and Facebook posts frequently skewer what he sees as moral failings, logical flaws, or hypocrisies in liberal and progressive circles."

LWNJ moonbats especially hate it when you point out their faulty logic because they ridiculously see themselves as "intellectuals".

What a lovely job you've done in mischaraterizing his hate speech:

He drew backlash in May after tweeting that people who wear masks in public look like "fools," and for calling North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper a "fascist," among other criticisms, for his response to the coronavirus pandemic. He also tweeted that women's studies is a "nonessential major" and pushed for the separation of states from the country.

He had tenure so they couldn't fire him. They tried to do it once before and he sued, and it cost the university $700,000. His tweets against the covid19 virus mitigation standards, wearing masks and the governor, were a danger to public health.

He sounds like a real prince among men.

A petition is not a mob.

They didn't fire him they bought out his contract which is not unusual..

The poorly written Port City Daily Wilmington link is all we get? No speculation? No interviews with neighbors or friends or even family? No official statement from the Sheriff's Dept? It seems that conservative (white) professor's lives don't matter.

You people who celebrate the deaths of people because their ideology is different are sick

I don’t celebrate death or murder. I’m laughing at the teacher who got fired for tweeting liberals suck.

This is basic common sense. The reason I don’t talk political on Facebook is my employer might see it. So this guy is an idiot. No one wants to murder him you god damn fool.

Here is the kicker. This is a public school teacher who in the past would hav3 been protected by a union. Being a trump supporter and republican I hope the union doesn’t lift a finger to help him.

But relax. There are tons of private schools for him to go work for. Republicans hate public schools so he should go work for a private school. Or go work in th3 public sector. No reason in this great economy trump has given us this guy can’t go easily find another job.

i don’t know wha that guys death has to do with him being a conservative who was getting fired for his politics.

You don’t hav3 freedom of speech at work. Or you do but your employer also has the freedom to fire you

He was found dead in a wellness check. It appears his death was a suicide. Police are investigating but I don’t seriously think it’s a murder. He was out of the school with a $500,000 golden handshake in his pocket.

The Christians are slowly starting to realize the last chapter of the Bible...."Buy and Sell"...."Buy and Sell". Having an opinion, eh! You want brotherhood? Then force people to not be irresponsible. Sex, drugs, alcohol, everything. Attack it all. Use force if needed. All wealth is spread equally to all. All wealth from the rich to be confiscated and put into the general system. No elitists live better then anyone else. Everything we do across the board is the same or near it. No tolerance for any irresponsible ways. Brotherhood will be achieved even if everyone is more miserable.

Would you commit suicide if you just received a $500,000 settlement?

The poorly written Port City Daily Wilmington link is all we get? No speculation? No interviews with neighbors or friends or even family? No official statement from the Sheriff's Dept? It seems that conservative (white) professor's lives don't matter.

I know you're accustomed to right wing rumour mongering and speculation, but the REAL news teams don't actually do that - speculate or try to gin up outrage. This isn't the FOX News.

:hands: RIP, Dr. Mike Adams. Thank you for being a friend to the Constitution and the United States from then to now. Prayers up for the losses of students and loved ones of Dr. Adams.
Burn in hell mike

:hands: RIP, Dr. Mike Adams. Thank you for being a friend to the Constitution and the United States from then to now. Prayers up for the losses of students and loved ones of Dr. Adams.
Burn in hell mike
He can't burn in Hell....I've pissed so hard on Lewis' grave that the fires are out for the time being. It'll have to wait.

Jo

100% correct, as long as his speech occurred outside of his job.
Nonsense. If an employee is embarrassing the school and causing problems they can be fired.

I love it now suddenly cons want government employees to have special protections? This is insane. Republicans are such flip flippers. I suppose next you’ll want the union to protect him?

No he is not 100% correct.

I don’t believe you cons are saying a government agency should not be able to fire someone.... since when do you feel this way? Sense now because it fits your narrative? Wow
A private organization can hire and fire at will. A government organization, however, is bound by the Constitution, and should not be able to fire someone for simply expressing a political opinion.

Do you disagree with any of that? And if you're concerned with whether I thought differently in the past, feel free to point out where.
I don’t think he was simply doing anything. He was being an annoying trump supporter.

Is a government organization bound by the constitution to keep an employee who’s not fitting in? Can you show me that in the constitution?
Political speech is protected speech. You should know that. If you give the government the authority to punish for expressing political opinions, how long do you think it will be before it rebounds on someone you support?
What about the two FBI agents who got caught texting about trump?
Occurred on work phones. Plus they were in a sexual relationship which violated policy.
So much for constitutional rights

"his Tweets and Facebook posts frequently skewer what he sees as moral failings, logical flaws, or hypocrisies in liberal and progressive circles."

LWNJ moonbats especially hate it when you point out their faulty logic because they ridiculously see themselves as "intellectuals".
He was a fringe thinker. He wasn’t convincing anyone just making cons happy. Got to go.
There's room for everyone to have a voice, whether you like it or not. Did you miss class that day?
But every other teacher wasn’t playing politics at school or after hours.

I don’t think teachers or government employees should have any more protections than I have. If my company wants to fire me you guys say they should have every right. I have no right to my job. And if you piss your bosses off you get fired.

ive been fired for being a liberal. I should have never let that be known. Find out what your boss is first then tell him you’re that too.
What you think or want is irrelevant because the Constitution applies to the government, not to private organizations, and the law allows private companies to fire people who express political opinions while it prevents government agencies from violating an employee's First Amendment rights. The reason a private company can fire you for being a jerk liberal while, for example, the Post Office cannot is the same reason why a teacher in a private school can not only lead a class in prayer, but can be compelled to do so while a government school teacher cannot. You might not like the way it's set up, but that's the law as it stands now, and it's a good one. Government employers are held to the Constitution while private employers are not.
Oh please. You guys argue trump can fire any government employee he wants for whatever reason he wants.

I'll be damned.

The fragility of Millennials and Gen Z'ers are destroying free speech as we know it.

Forum List

Back