Conservatives mock ‘Bring Back Our Girls’ hashtag

If there is anything worthy of mockery in the news today, this has to be it.

Talk about a pointless, meaningless, impotent gesture.

If you CARE about these 300 girls, then call your Congressperson and tell them to get U.S. resources involved in resolving the issue.

And don't jump on this bandwagon if you ignore the other killings that go on every day. What makes these girls any more special that the thousands of other victims of these bastards?

Oh yes, by all means, call your congressmen, that'll do it. How stupid can you conservatives get?

I was on this from the moment it happened.

Where were you?

Don't know what their demands are and neither do you... no one knows yet until we talk to each other. Don't believe everything you read or hear in the media either. Don't lump all terrorists groups together either, big mistake. Don't go stereotyping Muslims also.

Use your head.. think outside the box you are in.

They are radical islamic terrorist murderers.

They have carved that niche out for themselves by their actions.

And you are a freaking, self-serving, r-wing extremist dittohead. What's the difference?

You'll go far in this world kid, at least where ever Occupy Whatever takes you.

If you CARE about these 300 girls, then call your Congressperson and tell them to get U.S. resources involved in resolving the issue.

And don't jump on this bandwagon if you ignore the other killings that go on every day. What makes these girls any more special that the thousands of other victims of these bastards?

Oh yes, by all means, call your congressmen, that'll do it. How stupid can you conservatives get?

Where were you?

Good to hear the problems been solved and the girls are home safe and sound. Thank your congressman for me and bless his/her heart.

I agree it serves a good purpose to raise public awareness.
Global trafficking and terrorizing hostages have been going on without resolution in sight.

Somehow, these 300 girls having names and families who can put faces on the epidemic
have managed to humanize the issue and bring it home to people. Not just remain nameless and countless as all the other children worldwide.

I for one was moved to see video footage on the news of Nigerian women in traditional costume, speaking out. So finally, there is "personal importance" placed on the lives and safety of innocent children and women worldwide sold into slavery and sex trafficking.

That to me is the message. What we do with it from here, can take it in any number of directions. I think we should address male bullying and abuse of power on all levels, not just govt and religion.

Why is this abuse and violence not checked? Why do men punish other men in ways that only reinforce their authority politically, for public image, and do nothing to restore real justice for the victims of rape, violent crime, abuse and war?

What if we held all these men responsible for full restitution for crimes and abuses?
Would that act as a deterrent? Just political punishment is not enough to stop these crimes.

There is a lot more that this issue brings up, more than anyone in Congress or govt can address. The clergy and people in all religious groups must also face responsibility for holding their members and countrymen in check against abuses like this.

We would all have to change the status quo in our countries to deter further abuses!

Since everyone responds differently, and has a different part or angle in addressing this global issue,
maybe that is why people are objecting to what seems empty to them. Maybe we all could push for more meaningful ways to change the environment to stop this in the future.

That's because it's stupid. Hash tags don't free hostages. Action does. The “Bring Back Our Girls” Internet campaign, if you can call it that, is just a way for politicians and Hollywood celebrities to feel good about themselves.

Whoa wait a minute. Are you saying hashtags dont free hostages?

Even if its just a way to feel good while bringing attention to the issue why is that a bad thing again?

Last edited:
SOP for the GOP. Denigrate anything Obama. God forbid Faux would ever champion the idea that Congress should authorize the president taking some type of action to help those poor families.

This has nothing to do with the thread. Moreover, since when do hashtags free hostages? Hmm? Think about this for a moment, Obama has two black daughters, Sasha and Malia. If they were abducted or taken hostage by a lunatic, he would do everything in his power to get them freed, he wouldn't sit there and take to twitter saying #FreeSashAndMalia. He would use the full force of American military power and jurisprudence to make sure they were freed!

But nevermind these Nigerian girls. They're not worth more than a simple twitter campaign. Heaven forbid we actually call forth an effort to rescue these girls beyond sending search teams and talking these terrorists to death 140 characters at a time.

You liberals make me sick. Obama makes me sick. He has two daughters there in the White House, of whom those poor Nigerian school girls should remind him of how precious they are to him. He should also know just how precious those school girls are to their families. This should be a moment where he as not just a president, but as a father, acts as their savior. Michelle Obama shouldn't have to be doing a photo-op, he should be speaking out, ordering a rescue operation... something other than this halfhearted routine he calls foreign policy.

You have a lot of gall telling us we don't care about these girls. I personally care for any child who gets abducted, killed, or abused. These girls don't deserve to be the subject of a political debate, such as the OP originally tried to make it out as. It is frankly insulting, friends, when instead of caring about the fate of these young girls, liberals in this thread sit there and make political sport out of it. How dare you? How dare you claim to care? All you can do is say "oh you don't care about these girls because you hate Obama and watch Faux(Fox) News."

Seriously? You liberals make my blood boil. Everyone on both sides of the aisle should give a damn. What if those were your children being held hostage by Boko Haram? Have some freaking decency, dammit.

Cram it, you racist twit!

Your race card has no power here, Kiddie. You're just lashing out.

How about offering to end the crisis by swapping Adult prisoners for the girls?
How many people would volunteer to go trade places, to free the girls during negotiations?

Or nominate someone from Congress to go? ;-)

Where were you?

Good to hear the problems been solved and the girls are home safe and sound. Thank your congressman for me and bless his/her heart.

Boko Haram offers to swap kidnapped Nigerian girls for prisoners

Note: I'd be willing to rotate shifts in pairs with other Christian volunteers in exchange for
letting Kenneth Bae leave prison in North Korea temporarily for medical treatment.

If he doesn't return, then the prisoner on shift remains in his place; if anything happens to the prisoners, then Bae doesn't have to return, so it is a fair.

If we are going to protest, why not start a prisoner exchange program?
Get the sick or vulnerable people out of harm's way, and set up an alternative trade
while negotiations are pending.

The terrorists have threatened to kill the girls if any rescues were attempted.
They are demanding to trade prisoners.
The Nigerians did send a negotiator who has helped free prisoners in the past.

Which would you recommend? Trying this negotiation route first for release of prisoners?
Or risk pulling another
"Federal Raid in Waco" and getting the remaining girls killed along with their captors?

[NOTE: some other country's leaders DO recommend this approach of killing ALL hostages along with ALL captors
to send a message to other terrorists that kidnapping and threats will not be tolerated or negotiated; there was an instance
not too long ago where hostages were sacrificed to kill all the terrorists, and the leader did say the US should follow that policy as the only serious way to deal with terrorists.
Do you believe that approach might be necessary to deter hostage taking in the future?]

Even if other countries intervene to help, I doubt this can be made public or the terrorists could kill those girls.

What I'd like to see is a unified coalition of men leaders from all the different faiths and groups come together to address how to hold the BH sects and other cults in check.

Maybe if all men teamed up together and agreed on upholding consistent standards, there would be uniform respect for the law and political process -- not abusing women and children for the conflicts caused by tribal leadership competing for control by dominance.

SOP for the GOP. Denigrate anything Obama. God forbid Faux would ever champion the idea that Congress should authorize the president taking some type of action to help those poor families.

This has nothing to do with the thread. Moreover, since when do hashtags free hostages? Hmm? Think about this for a moment, Obama has two black daughters, Sasha and Malia. If they were abducted or taken hostage by a lunatic, he would do everything in his power to get them freed, he wouldn't sit there and take to twitter saying #FreeSashaAndMalia. He would use the full force of American military power and jurisprudence to make sure they were freed!

But nevermind these Nigerian girls. They're not worth more than a simple twitter campaign. Heaven forbid we actually call forth an effort to rescue these girls beyond sending search teams and talking these terrorists to death 140 characters at a time.

You liberals make me sick. Obama makes me sick. He has two daughters there in the White House, of whom those poor Nigerian school girls should remind him of how precious they are to him. He should also know just how precious those school girls are to their families. This should be a moment where he as not just a president, but as a father, acts as their savior. Michelle Obama shouldn't have to be doing a photo-op holding up a damned sign saying #FreeOurGirls, he should be speaking out, ordering a rescue operation... something other than this halfhearted routine he calls foreign policy. His two daughters should be reminding him of what he should be fighting for!

You have a lot of gall telling us we don't care about these girls. I personally care for any child who gets abducted, killed, or abused. These girls don't deserve to be the subject of a political debate, such as the OP originally tried to make it out as. It is frankly insulting, friends, when instead of caring about the fate of these young girls, liberals in this thread sit here and make political sport out of it. How dare you? How dare you claim to care? All you can do is say "oh you don't care about these girls because you hate Obama and watch Faux(Fox) News."

Seriously? You liberals make my blood boil. Everyone on both sides of the aisle should care. What if those were your children being held hostage by Boko Haram? Have some freaking decency, dammit.

Last edited:

Where were you?

so YOU have a twitter acct tinyd? :doubt:

Tell me, do these women look like they care about this stupid twitter campaign?

10273358_10152800027720830_9118603152040200203_o.jpg

Ame®icano;9084322 said:
1. #BringBackOurGirls

Those are Nigerian girls, not ours.

Another IGNORANT DittoTard mindlessly parroting their MessiahRushie.
The # started in Nigeria, :asshole:

Well, no it didn't.

US Mom's Social Media Push to Save Nigerian Kidnapping Victims

Ramaa Mosley, a Los Angeles director and mother of two, was driving in her car when she heard the news on the radio.

'Bring Back Our Girls' Becomes Rallying Cry for Kidnapped Nigerian Schoolgirls - ABC News

Forum List

Back