Conservatives throw hillbillies under the bus

because it is a likely senario
more so than something that hadnt even happened yet causing it
the guy was found BEFORE 9-12

Why would someone engaging in the illegal activity of moonshining or meth manufacturing kill someone...and then display them?

If it had been a bullet wound to the head and buried in a shallow grave out in the middle of a loney mountainside...I'd agree with you.

But this murder was to be symbolic and to send a message.

Moonshiners don't try to send a message...they try to keep secret.

Teabaggers try to send messages.

It's amazing your insight, I can see you have intimate knowledge of the backwoods...hell, I'll bet you can see a tree from your condo. :rolleyes:
naw, where he lives they have lots of trees

So, please clarify the truth for us.

I read some of that thread. On the outset, it looks like someone murdered a federal employee and wrote fed on their chest.

What could be the motive?

One hypothesis is that the alleged murderer does not like the federal government and may have been emboldened to commit such a crime by the recent inflammatory rhetoric that has been circulating throughout this country.

The other hypothesis is that the assailant is likely a moonshiner or a meth-maker and killed the man because he stumbled upon his lair.

The fact that the second hypothesis is even considered is stupid as this is extremely unlikely to be the truth, yet it is being pushed as a legitimate possibility.

Riddle me that, Divester!

Why would someone engaging in the illegal activity of moonshining or meth manufacturing kill someone...and then display them?

If it had been a bullet wound to the head and buried in a shallow grave out in the middle of a loney mountainside...I'd agree with you.

I suspect that most "feds" have better things to do these days than to go after moonshiners anyway. And isn't an initial meth bust a local law authority thing? The feds would only get involved if they were transporting the product across state lines. (Just guessing.)

really?
moonshiners dont want to send a message?

Maybe they do...maybe I'm wrong.

I suppose it could also be Appalachideen, the Kentucky Mountain Muslims, that emerged from their caves and assassinated a federal worker.

really?
moonshiners dont want to send a message?

Maybe they do...maybe I'm wrong.

I suppose it could also be Appalachideen, the Kentucky Mountain Muslims, that emerged from their caves and assassinated a federal worker.
now you're just being silly

I suspect that most "feds" have better things to do these days than to go after moonshiners anyway. And isn't an initial meth bust a local law authority thing? The feds would only get involved if they were transporting the product across state lines. (Just guessing.)
And I suspect most moonshiners or meth lab owners have better things to do than taunt the FBI. In fact, I'm willing to bet that most of them go out of their way to avoid attention from the FBI.

It's amazing your insight, I can tell you have intimate knowledge of the backwoods...hell, I'll bet you can even see a tree or two from your condo balcony. :rolleyes:

Actually, I can see a couple hundred out the back of my house.

It's amazing your insight, I can tell you have intimate knowledge of the backwoods...hell, I'll bet you can even see a tree or two from your condo balcony. :rolleyes:

thats all?

slacker
;)

Do I have to? :evil:
yes
ravi is lying
as usual

So, please clarify the truth for us.

I read some of that thread. On the outset, it looks like someone murdered a federal employee and wrote fed on their chest.

What could be the motive?

One hypothesis is that the alleged murderer does not like the federal government and may have been emboldened to commit such a crime by the recent inflammatory rhetoric that has been circulating throughout this country.

The other hypothesis is that the assailant is likely a moonshiner or a meth-maker and killed the man because he stumbled upon his lair.

The fact that the second hypothesis is even considered is stupid as this is extremely unlikely to be the truth, yet it is being pushed as a legitimate possibility.
Equally legit possibilities are that the "fed" scrawled on the victim means something else entirely or is entirely a ruse.

As for the OP, what's so unusual about anyone making fun of hillbillies?....Besides, it's the lib cryasses -like you- who are supposed to be the ones who bristle at ethnic humor, as being hurtful stereotyping.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYuJA0oaw4s]YouTube - MST3k - We're A Danger To Ourself and Others[/ame]

kty is hardly a moonshine center now...and the feds dont really pay much attention unless you are a large opt....i stated that it might be pot growers or meth heads...i am hardly conservative...nor am i mocking anyone...just stating the fact that no one knows what happened and there are other suspects

kty is hardly a moonshine center now...and the feds dont really pay much attention unless you are a large opt....i stated that it might be pot growers or meth heads...i am hardly conservative...nor am i mocking anyone...just stating the fact that no one knows what happened and there are other suspects

i have an alibi

Is anyone else cracking up over the way the conservatives are describing hillbillies as bat shit crazy meth heads today?

:lol:
What is your current whine? Oh, that it's bad that conservatives think meth head hillbillies are crazy?

Okie doke.

Continue whining.

*Yawn*

i have an alibi
The man was dead when I got here....Honest.

"Making and selling alcohol without a license is illegal. But even under centuries of federal surveillance, the moonshine industry has evolved from an illegal folk art to a big business involving dozens of suppliers, distillers, and distributors from Roanoke, Va., to Johnston County, N.C.

Instead of small nailed-together tubs, today's mega-moonshiners use huge stainless stills that take up entire barns and produce hundreds of gallons of whiskey a day.
"I've maintained there's 50,000 gallons of untaxed liquor leaving southwest Virginia every year, and nobody's ever disputed that," says Jack Allen Powell, a retired revenuer who wrote a book about the business called "A Dying Art."

Law enforcement efforts have intensified to keep up with the burgeoning production. These verdant hills are now the scene of a significant strike against these Southern bootleggers.

This week, as part of the biggest moonshine bust in US history, alcohol-control agents are wrapping up Operation Lightning Strike, an eight-year sweep that netted 27 bootleggers running a corn liquor conspiracy from Philadelphia to Raleigh.

The don of the operation is Ralph Hale Sr., the elder of a vast family network based out of Franklin County, Va., just a crow's flight from Smith's cornfield....

As far as the Hale gang, alcohol-control agents estimate that they produced 1.5 million gallons of liquor from 1992 to 1999, ducking some $19.6 million in taxes. When the law caught up with Climax local Paul Henson a few years ago, officers found this new kind of operation. - a 36-pot behemoth set up just a few miles from here at Smith Mountain Lake. It was the biggest still ever wrecked by federal agents.
Still, even such high-rolling rumrunners don't exactly live the Riviera lifestyle. A small-time operator may bring in $30,000 a year, while paying still hands $150 a day under the table. One pick-up truck full of spirits may bring in about $5,000 for a distiller.

Link Moonshine flows - and feds crack down | csmonitor.com http://www.usmessageboard.com/As fa...ts may bring in about $5,000 for a distiller.

Is anyone else cracking up over the way the conservatives are describing hillbillies as bat shit crazy meth heads today?

:lol:

I think you've missed the point Ravi.

No one is throwing anyone under the bus.

When I lived in D.C., there were places you didn't go, because it wasn't safe.

No difference here.

I posted in that thread and I AM a hillbilly.

I certainly wasn't throwing myself under the bus.

Nothing like those hillbillies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5cR6JpRCnM&feature=PlayList&p=BC89BD13F64BEBA1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=17]YouTube - lil abner inthebestofhands[/ame]

I'm sure you can, Dr. X...they line the rough on the other side of the water hazard. :razz:

i have an alibi
The man was dead when I got here....Honest.

and he remained so the entire time i was there.

according to one stat i saw, violence against fed employees on nat parks went from 50 incidents to 250+ from 1996-2006.

OTOH, i heard glenn beck is being cast in the ned beatty role in the deliverance remake that goes into production soon. :thup:

Great find bones...I didn't realized the "fed" scrawling comment came from an anonymous source.

Investigators have said little about the case. The law enforcement official, who was not authorized to discuss the case and requested anonymity, said Wednesday the man was found hanging from a tree with the word “fed” written on his chest. The official did not say what type of instrument was used to write the word.
AP source: Census worker hanged with ‘fed' on body | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

Forum List

Back