Constant barking dogs, what the hell?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Is it OK to stand in your yard and bang a trash can lid for a half an hour at 12 midnight? I don't think so. Then why is OK to leave your god damn dog outside barking at nothing constantly? I swear my neighbor's dog is mental and she won't do a thing about it. I may try one of those ultra sonic dog bark suppressors. Anybody tried one of those? Do they work?

Why don't you try talking ( in a nice civilized way) with your neighbours and ask them to please keep the dog inside at night?

or.....see what is the problem?

without the pup being hurt in any way.

I hate it when dogs bark incessantly. it means they're being ignored.

Is it OK to stand in your yard and bang a trash can lid for a half an hour at 12 midnight? I don't think so. Then why is OK to leave your god damn dog outside barking at nothing constantly? I swear my neighbor's dog is mental and she won't do a thing about it. I may try one of those ultra sonic dog bark suppressors. Anybody tried one of those? Do they work?

It's cruel, especially at night if it's cold, you wouldn't leave a child outside, well decent people wouldn't, so why leave a poor dog outside.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have an animal if they can't treat it correctly.

Sometimes I'm scared to tell the owners when their dogs bark too much at night where I live.....I'm afraid they will mistreat them or punish them or make them suffer. I could not stand that.:(

You can never rely on the kindness of strangers towards animals.

Most people have a heart though....thanks GOD.

there may be ordinances in place regarding no use after certain hours. go to your local town clerk or manager and seek their advice

need food...or water.. :(
Or company. I don't know why ppl think its acceptable to pen a dog up in the backyard for hours, days, weeks at a time. Alone, bored, probably cold.

I don't like or trust anyone who treats animals in such ways.

We have always kept our animals in at night, where we know they're safe and to us they're members of the family. Sixteen days ago my miniature Dachshund Ludwig died of a heart disorder, he was nearly 15 years old, he died in our house and I cuddled him and told him how much I loved him and then he died.

A few people at this forum know this privately, but this is the first time I've mentioned it openly. The situation losing him has been excruciatingly painful, he was almost like a little child to us and he's missed more than I can express.

Omg I let snoop out tonite...I left the sliding glass door open and was working.on dinner....after the kids were fed I turned off the light in back and shut the door. I though snoop was in...a minute later the whole house shook with what sounded like an explosion. Snoop ran into the sliding glass door!! He likes to.poop and then run as hard as he can into the house..he thoughtnit was open!! I felt so bad, I had to drag him across the threshold, he still doesn't know what the hell happened. He stops at every doorway in the house now...

Or company. I don't know why ppl think its acceptable to pen a dog up in the backyard for hours, days, weeks at a time. Alone, bored, probably cold.

We have always kept our animals in at night, where we know they're safe and to us they're members of the family. Sixteen days ago my miniature Dachshund Ludwig died of a heart disorder, he was nearly 15 years old, he died in our house and I cuddled him and told him how much I loved him and then he died.

A few people at this forum know this privately, but this is the first time I've mentioned it openly. The situation losing him has been excruciatingly painful, he was almost like a little child to us and he's missed more than I can express.
My old girl Mylo is dying of cancer and my mom's 18 yr old poodle died last.week. It's rough, sorry for your loss.

My old girl Mylo is dying of cancer and my mom's 18 yr old poodle died last.week. It's rough, sorry for your loss.

Thanks, I'm also sorry about Mylo and your Mama's poodle. It's very painful losing them, almost like losing a limb, they give unconditional love and are so innocent, you can feel the loss of them in your soul.

Our 3½ year-old sat by Ludwig's bed each day and burst into tears, this made things even more excruciating.

Mr. Lucy bought a kitten on Saturday from a cat breeder, it's 12 weeks old and cream and pale brown in colour and our 3½ year-old is obsessed with it already, it's also the most hyperactive little thing, hardly ever still.

You should attempt to get a look at the dog, this to make sure it looks like it's being fed on a regular basis and isn't malnourished looking.

Thanks, I'm also sorry about Mylo and your Mama's poodle. It's very painful losing them, almost like losing a limb, they give unconditional love and are so innocent, you can feel the loss of them in your soul.

Our 3½ year-old sat by Ludwig's bed each day and burst into tears, this made things even more excruciating.

Mr. Lucy bought a kitten on Saturday from a cat breeder, it's 12 weeks old and cream and pale brown in colour and our 3½ year-old is obsessed with it already, it's also the most hyperactive little thing, hardly ever still.
kitties are a lot of fun..

kitties are a lot of fun..

And exhausting to watch lol.

Is it OK to stand in your yard and bang a trash can lid for a half an hour at 12 midnight? I don't think so. Then why is OK to leave your god damn dog outside barking at nothing constantly? I swear my neighbor's dog is mental and she won't do a thing about it.
If nothing is being done about it, go to the authority people who specialize in a matter like this one. Maybe they can order the lady to keep her dog quiet if she doesn't want the pet to be taken from her.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have an animal if they can't treat it correctly.
I second this.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

Thanks for all of your inputs. I just found out that my County has a formal complaint process where they will send a non-threatening letter to the owner. If that doesn't work, I can escalate it.

Forum List

Back