Constant barking dogs, what the hell?

Omg I let snoop out tonite...I left the sliding glass door open and was working.on dinner....after the kids were fed I turned off the light in back and shut the door. I though snoop was in...a minute later the whole house shook with what sounded like an explosion. Snoop ran into the sliding glass door!! He likes to.poop and then run as hard as he can into the house..he thoughtnit was open!! I felt so bad, I had to drag him across the threshold, he still doesn't know what the hell happened. He stops at every doorway in the house now...

Poor Snoop! My Rue is easily traumatized. Got 3 tail hairs caught in a screen door - wouldn't go past it for a week, and then - only by bolting through (the bogey man might get him).

Is Snoop your avatar? If so - gorgeous boy.

Omg I let snoop out tonite...I left the sliding glass door open and was working.on dinner....after the kids were fed I turned off the light in back and shut the door. I though snoop was in...a minute later the whole house shook with what sounded like an explosion. Snoop ran into the sliding glass door!! He likes to.poop and then run as hard as he can into the house..he thoughtnit was open!! I felt so bad, I had to drag him across the threshold, he still doesn't know what the hell happened. He stops at every doorway in the house now...

Poor Snoop! My Rue is easily traumatized. Got 3 tail hairs caught in a screen door - wouldn't go past it for a week, and then - only by bolting through (the bogey man might get him).

Yes that's Snoopster.

Yeah I know about animals getting weirdness from a random, completely accidental and brief trauma, lol. He was going through the house and stopping at all the room thresholds so I dealt with it then and there and made him go back and forth through the door a few times. He didn't like it but we got er done.

Snoop at heart is a big baby. He doesn't like discomfort, pain, blood (well, he doesn't like his own) cold..he has a very strong sense of self preservation lol.

Yes that's Snoopster.

Yeah I know about animals getting weirdness from a random, completely accidental and brief trauma, lol. He was going through the house and stopping at all the room thresholds so I dealt with it then and there and made him go back and forth through the door a few times. He didn't like it but we got er done.

Snoop at heart is a big baby. He doesn't like discomfort, pain, blood (well, he doesn't like his own) cold..he has a very strong sense of self preservation lol.

You have to wonder what goes through their minds. Rue absolutely freaks at pain - even a little. It takes me forever to groom him, and for some things I have to use a muzzle. He's always been like that (I got him as an adult). And he has a memory like an elephant.

Is it OK to stand in your yard and bang a trash can lid for a half an hour at 12 midnight? I don't think so. Then why is OK to leave your god damn dog outside barking at nothing constantly? I swear my neighbor's dog is mental and she won't do a thing about it. I may try one of those ultra sonic dog bark suppressors. Anybody tried one of those? Do they work?
Hi MM, I recently had a problem with my dogs barking in the garden because the neighbours got a new kittiy who decided she likes sitting out of reach on our fence just staring at them! It drives my dogs nuts, as do squirrels, but the squirrels don't stand their gawping, they just run away and problem solved.
Anyway, I got a heand held sonic thingy and it is working well on my dogs, but it takes a week or two. They now stop when I press it. I don't know if it would work through a fence though.

Forum List

Back