contrast the two marches

And last weekends rally who in attendance voted for Trump? There was no reaching across. It was all anti-Trumpers.

There were trump voters in attendance. I saw them there.

Also, this: Trump supporters to attend inauguration and Women's March

You also might enjoy this...Samantha Bee covered both the women's march, and also covered Trump supporters gloating about the inauguration.

Samantha Bee gloats over the Women's March, lets Trump voters gloat over his inauguration

I said 1% of Trump voters probably attended.

How do you know if someone voted for Trump? They wear a sign? Lol!

I don't think either did anything for either cause. Abortion is established law & marching changes that in no way.
Acting like morons is what the left doesn't. A March exposing them in mass also accomplished nothing.

I don't know who has given you the impression that the bulk of people at the women's march acted like morons, but they didn't. It was an entirely peaceful and positive event, and most of the women (and men) in attendance were entirely normal, looked normal, acted normal, and were about sending a message to washington that an extremist agenda will be resisted.

As someone with a criminal record, you should probably be a supporter, because we marched for criminal justice reforms like banning the box that would benefit you.

Last edited:
It really loses its effect when it has to be explained. Yes, the first sentence is sarcastic. However, what followed was opinion. Which I stand by as far as any protest.

I have never, ever protested in my life, but I am very glad that my daughter and I participated. I needed a reminder that there are millions of people who want the same kind of country that I do.

Who at that rally last Saturday voted for Trump? Less than 1% at the most. That rally didn't reach across the aisle.

Reaching across the aisle was 100% ineffective for Obama. Accommodation is viewed by your party as surrender.

Progressives cannot reach across the aisle to your party. We can only reach to our own and encourage them to get involved, in the same sense that tea partiers did in 2009.

Not even cl,ose
The womens march was done by commies, feminists and abortion lovers who ironically are very dirty, nasty and leave tons of trash.
Right to Life march is done by people who actually care about others and their cause and are not nearly as nasty as the libs.

The Right to Life march is a lie. They support war, torture, and the death penalty. Pollution kills people, but they don't oppose pollution. Guns kill people and they don't oppose guns. They don't want to provide supports for poor working women to care for their children. They want them working 60 hour weeks and being "responsible parents", although how one can be a good parent while out of the house 60 hours and week and exhausted the rest of the time.

"Right to life" your name's a lie. You don't care if children die.

I don't think either did anything for either cause. Abortion is established law & marching changes that in no way.
Acting like morons is what the left doesn't. A March exposing them in mass also accomplished nothing.

I don't know who has given you the impression that the bulk of people at the women's march acted like morons, but they didn't. It was an entirely peaceful and positive event, and most of the women (and men) in attendance were entirely normal, looked normal, acted normal, and were about sending a message to washington that an extremist agenda will be resisted.

As someone with a criminal record, you should probably be a supporter, because we marched for you.
You marched for me?

You're an idiot lol

The march was nothing more than a bunch of whiners showing their ass. What did it accomplish, other than increasing the carbon foot print? The money wasted on going and cleaning up afterwards could have been spent on something worthwhile...instead of a bitch fest.

The march was nothing more than a bunch of whiners showing their ass. What did it accomplish, other than increasing the carbon foot print? The money wasted on going and cleaning up afterwards could have been spent on something worthwhile...instead of a bitch fest.

The same is true of the Tea Party protests.

Except that over time, Tea Party protests began to catalyze conservatives to become more engaged in representative democracy, which I think is a good thing. It is always a good thing when more Americans get more involved in our democratic process.

Hopefully the women's march will have the same catalyzing effect on progressive and independent women, who I believe had become somewhat complacent during the Obama administration. It's a little too early to say definitively what the long-term outcome will be since the women's march only happened a week ago.

i will say that the women I know who attended the march have been very active since returning home in the past week. We are planning to meet on a monthly basis to work on specific issues. In our state, the single biggest issue we think we should work on is redistricting gerrymandered electoral maps. If we can make change happen there, we will change our state legislature, which is a breeding ground for solid federal candidates. The grassroots is everything.

Further, I now call my elected federal officials daily to express my views on a variety of subjects. Their numbers are now programmed into my phone. That is not something I have historically done but I now understand that I must make my voice heard to my representatives if I want to be represented well in congress.

And apparently I am not alone.

Thousands flood Senate phone lines seeking to halt confirmation of DeVos

The same is true of the Tea Party protests.

Except that over time, Tea Party protests began to catalyze conservatives to become more engaged in representative democracy, which I think is a good thing. It is always a good thing when more Americans get more involved in being involved in our democratic process.

Hopefully the women's march will have the same catalyzing effect on progressive and independent women, who I believe had become somewhat complacent during the Obama administration. It's a little too early to say definitively what the long-term outcome will be since the women's march only happened a week ago.

i will say that the women I know who attended the march have been very active since returning home in the past week. We are planning to meet on a monthly basis to work on specific issues. In our state, the single biggest issue we think we should work on is redistricting gerrymandered electoral maps. If we can make change happen there, we will change our state legislature, which is a breeding ground for solid federal candidates. The grassroots is everything.

Further, I now call my elected federal officials daily to express my views on a variety of subjects. Their numbers are now programmed into my phone.

And apparently I am not alone.

Thousands flood Senate phone lines seeking to halt confirmation of DeVos

So calling your elected officials daily is an effective solution? Your elected officials are probably RaTz anyway, so what good does that do? Keep preaching to your dwindling choir and be LOUD and OBNOXIOUS about it. Doing those things helps your adversaries. Please continue to do it and lose even more seats.

The bigger fringe spectacle you make of yourselves, the more votes you lose. By all means, please have a march at least once a month.

Reaching across the aisle was 100% ineffective for Obama. Accommodation is viewed by your party as surrender.

Progressives cannot reach across the aisle to your party. We can only reach to our own and encourage them to get involved, in the same sense that tea partiers did in 2009.
Here is an example of reaching across the isle by Obama

Here is an example of reaching across the isle by Obama

McCain, Clintons, Soros, Obama = same team.

The going was free Pupps. The cleanup and security costed money.

Not even cl,ose
The womens march was done by commies, feminists and abortion lovers who ironically are very dirty, nasty and leave tons of trash.
Right to Life march is done by people who actually care about others and their cause and are not nearly as nasty as the libs.

The Right to Life march is a lie. They support war, torture, and the death penalty. Pollution kills people, but they don't oppose pollution. Guns kill people and they don't oppose guns. They don't want to provide supports for poor working women to care for their children. They want them working 60 hour weeks and being "responsible parents", although how one can be a good parent while out of the house 60 hours and week and exhausted the rest of the time.

"Right to life" your name's a lie. You don't care if children die.

Wrong right to life means innocent life.....

Why do you want babies killed and not murderers or rapists?

I want babies to live and murders dead.....I care about victims of crime, not criminals...they give up their rights when they kill people.

So calling your elected officials daily is an effective solution? Your elected officials are probably RaTz anyway, so what good does that do?

Keep preaching to your dwindling choir and be LOUD and OBNOXIOUS about it. Doing those things helps your adversaries. Please continue to do it and lose even more seats.

The bigger fringe spectacle you make of yourselves, the more votes you lose. By all means, please have a march at least once a month.

200_s.gif

Who knew the women's march would make the old guy set so angry?

:lmao:

That's hard to understand, because women's organizations who push for free or low-cost birth control have actually helped to decrease abortions by a substantial amount.

Study: Free Birth Control Slashes Abortion Rates | TIME.com

Last edited:
So calling your elected officials daily is an effective solution? Your elected officials are probably RaTz anyway, so what good does that do?

Keep preaching to your dwindling choir and be LOUD and OBNOXIOUS about it. Doing those things helps your adversaries. Please continue to do it and lose even more seats.

200_s.gif

Who knew the women's march would make the old guy set so angry?

:lmao:
You are not in the FZ. Stay civil.

Forum List

Back