Convenient store stand-your-ground shooter charged

Amazes me with all the video all the witnesses, there are those here still finding a way to blame the victim...because he's black.

He, McGlockton, should not have shoved Drejka, he being black is irrelevant...

What difference does it make that he was black, really?

Zimmerman 2.0

No comparison. Zimmerman broke off his stalking. Martin caught up with him and attacked, at which point the responsibility became his.

This guy was pushed to the ground (provocation could be argued), and that was it. The attack stopped. He drew and killed the guy without cause.

Both were deemed justified by investigators only to have politically motivated prosecutors champion the case for political reasons only to have their ass handed to them at trail and putting an innocent man through that.

Zimmerman was justified.

This other guy was not. Keep in mind that there is no one more pro-gun and self-defense than I am.

Zimmerman was not justified.

You have your head beaten into the ground see if you fear for your life. Oh, that's right! You can't suffer brain damage if you don't have one!

Zimmerman 2.0

No comparison. Zimmerman broke off his stalking. Martin caught up with him and attacked, at which point the responsibility became his.

This guy was pushed to the ground (provocation could be argued), and that was it. The attack stopped. He drew and killed the guy without cause.

Both were deemed justified by investigators only to have politically motivated prosecutors champion the case for political reasons only to have their ass handed to them at trail and putting an innocent man through that.

Zimmerman was justified.

This other guy was not. Keep in mind that there is no one more pro-gun and self-defense than I am.

There would be me...... I am just as pro 2nd Amendment and self defense as you are and I can see how this was a justified shoot.

The only way you can see it is by making up things that did not happen. The video will convict this guy!

You lay a hand on me much less push me down I will come out shooting to kill.

Nobody has to wait until their life is in inevitable danger to shoot. When he got pushed down he had no idea what the guy would do.

Why don't you go shove a cop to the ground and see if he doesn't come up popping hot lead at your ass.

Oh, please! You are so full of shit I'll bet you have brown eyes!

Zimmerman was justified.

Investigators said this guy was justified.

Makes it hard in court. Bigley.

The video tape over rides what investigators said.

The self defense was the unarmed man defending the woman in the car.

Which the video tape more than justifies.

You don't get to pull your gun because you got punked.
And you don’t get to shove someone to the ground because they’re shouting at your girlfriend. That is not self defense.

Is that a death penalty offense in most states?

It’s because the state lost the Zimmerman case that they’re charging Drejka with manslaughter and not 2nd degree murder.

I think manslaughter is more appropriate
The difference between manslaughter and murder is the intention to kill. Drejka clearly intended to kill. But the state lost the Zimmerman case to a 2nd degree murder charge and didn’t want to overcharge Drejka.

Nonsense....if he intended to kill he would have shot him at least twice....he just wanted to protect his life. after the black guy got shot he took off running....threat was then over.
Bullshit. You aim and shoot someone in the chest and you are attempting to kill them. One shot is all it takes.

Which is why cops often empty their magazines. One good shot, maybe. A bunch, for sure.

That is when someone is trying to shoot them. That's not the case, now is it?

Requires a suspension of belief

If your interpretation of Florida’s law is correct, anyone with a gun can fire based on a dirty look or someone following you
I felt threatened .....
Code for.....the guy was black
Lol
You know your views on so-called racism makes that word racist meaningless?
OK

Show me a stand your ground case with a black man standing his ground against a white man
Marissa Alexander case - Wikipedia Black woman.
20 year sentence for firing a warning shot

In Florida, you better make sure you kill them
If they had chosen to convict Zimmerman of manslaughter, this guy would probably have gotten the message and known better not to confront people while armed. The other guy would still be alive.

The white guy was perfectly within his rights to tell the black woman they should not park in a handicap spot. Much of the blame for her boyfriend's death rests on his g/f if she had not gone ballistic the dude going into the store would not have told the black guy that something was going on on the parking lot....what he told him we do not know....but the came charging out of the store and committed assault without even bothering to find out what was going on....that was just plain stupid and he paid the price for it.

Wow! You better get on the horn to the prosecutors because they aren't charging people with the death penalty for pushing people down!

Requires a suspension of belief

If your interpretation of Florida’s law is correct, anyone with a gun can fire based on a dirty look or someone following you
I felt threatened .....
Code for.....the guy was black
Lol
You know your views on so-called racism makes that word racist meaningless?
OK

Show me a stand your ground case with a black man standing his ground against a white man

Hey do your own homework.

Please learn how to quote properly.

He knocked the shit out of that old man for no reason at all. He was only backing away because in a fight you back away to gain distance for a 2nd attack.

Just like the cop said, he believed he was going to come back at him. He already showed he would attack without provocation.

It was a good shoot. He should walk.

To the girlfriend, next time date someone who doesn't act like an animal and resort to violence first.

Brown eyes again!

OK

No one has been sentenced and no one will be....these commentators on here that think that were the same ones who thought Z would get convicted. They just do not know the law. The only way either Z or this guy in clearwater could be convicted is if the jury chooses to ignore the law on self defense like Florida has done now twice...bowing to political pressure. Again....this case in Clearwater just like the Z affair is nothing more than a show trial to appease the media .
We shall see

The jurors will have to put themselves in the shooters position and ask if they would have opened fire

The jurors have one task and one task only....to decide if the shooter was in reasonable fear of his life? No reasonable person can say he was not. He had been knocked to the ground and if he had not been able to use deadly force he would have been at the mercy of his attacker and no one knows what the black man would have done. He had a history of assault and battery.

You dipshit! The shooter would not have known that.

I am a very reasonable person and the shooting was not in any way justified, so you can kiss my ass!

No one has been sentenced and no one will be....these commentators on here that think that were the same ones who thought Z would get convicted. They just do not know the law. The only way either Z or this guy in clearwater could be convicted is if the jury chooses to ignore the law on self defense like Florida has done now twice...bowing to political pressure. Again....this case in Clearwater just like the Z affair is nothing more than a show trial to appease the media .
We shall see

The jurors will have to put themselves in the shooters position and ask if they would have opened fire

The jurors have one task and one task only....to decide if the shooter was in reasonable fear of his life? No reasonable person can say he was not. He had been knocked to the ground and if he had not been able to use deadly force he would have been at the mercy of his attacker and no one knows what the black man would have done. He had a history of assault and battery.
Very true

Is it reasonable that a man six feet away was able to cover the distance while the gun was drawn on him?

At what time does the man on the ground have control of the confrontation?

He never had control until the perp was shot. Just waving a gun around does not automatically grant control. Many cases have proven that. Pulling a gun on some folks makes them even angrier and more violent. Oh you can claim and many do that the black guy was done the moment the gun came into view....perhaps or perhaps not...would a reasonable person be willing to bet their life on that? Some might but the the critical fact in this case is did the shooter believe his life was in danger or (many overlook this) did he fear he was in danger of grievious bodily harm...either one enables a person to legally use deadly force from preventing either from happening.

Oh my God! You cannot seriously believe this bullshit you are spewing!

According to Florida law McGlockton commited a battery offense at the time he pushed Drejka.

- Battery Under Florida Law:

1. Any actual and intentional touching or striking of another person against that person’s will (non-consensual), or
2. The intentional causing of bodily harm to another person.

However, the question is does Drejka's reaction fall under "Stand Your Ground".

- A stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) is a justification in a criminal case, whereby defendants can "stand their ground" and use force without retreating, in order to protect and defend themselves or others against threats or perceived threats. An example is where there is no duty to retreat from any place where they have a lawful right to be, and that they may use any level of force if they reasonably believe the threat rises to the level of being an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm and/or death. In Dawkins v. State the court describes "[T]he 'stand your ground' law... provide that a person has a right to expect absolute safety in a place they have a right to be, and may use deadly force to repel an intruder... for a person to be justified in using deadly force, the person must not be 'engaged in unlawful activity".[1]

My personal opinion... Drejka should be in jail for what he did. Based on the video his life didn't appear to be in danger and it didn't look like McGlockton intended serious bodily harm. It depends on how well a lawyer can argue and convince a jury of Stand Your Ground. But I would also argue that Drejka created the situation by confronting McGlockton and his family over a parking spot.

Absolute nonsense. You have no analytical ability whatsoever. Now perhaps you are just letting your bias overrule any common sense you might have but either way...you are in error.

First of all you have the benefit of hind-sight which is always 20/20 but in real life the white fellow was on the ground and at the mercy of his attacker. A swift kick to the head could have killed him or given him brain damage. Many cases of people being beaten to death and often with no good reason. Those violently inclined often get a high from causing bodily harm and there is no real reason to belive he would have stopped his assault other than the fact the white guy whipped out a pistol. Geez what a shock that must have been...I almost feel sorry for the guy. Then he gets shot....his last though was probably something like this: damn that guy looked so harmless.

Using your incredible lack of logic, why didn't the victim just pull out a gun and shoot the guy on the ground? Oh wait, that couldn't happen because he didn't have a gun. It's just like all of your bullshit about kicking someone while backing away!

Why don't you just come out and be clear that you are a racist son of a bitch?

So we are giving the death penalty for pushing someone now?

Law enforcement investigators and the Sheriff stated it was much more than a simple push.

It was a violent shove to the pavement.

They will be testifying the same under oath at the trial.

Makes for a hard case to prove when LE says it was self-defense.

According to Florida law McGlockton commited a battery offense at the time he pushed Drejka.

1. Any actual and intentional touching or striking of another person against that person’s will (non-consensual), or

- A stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) is a justification in a criminal case, whereby defendants can "stand their ground" and use force without retreating, in order to protect and defend themselves or others against threats or perceived threats. An example is where there is no duty to retreat from any place where they have a lawful right to be, and that they may use any level of force if they reasonably believe the threat rises to the level of being an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm and/or death. In Dawkins v. State the court describes "[T]he 'stand your ground' law... provide that a person has a right to expect absolute safety in a place they have a right to be, and may use deadly force to repel an intruder... for a person to be justified in using deadly force, the person must not be 'engaged in unlawful activity".[1]

My personal opinion... Drejka should be in jail for what he did. Based on the video his life didn't appear to be in danger and it didn't look like McGlockton intended serious bodily harm. It depends on how well a lawyer can argue and convince a jury of Stand Your Ground. But I would also argue that Drejka created the situation by confronting McGlockton and his family over a parking spot.

Absolute nonsense. You have no analytical ability whatsoever. Now perhaps you are just letting your bias overrule any common sense you might have but either way...you are in error.

First of all you have the benefit of hind-sight which is always 20/20 but in real life the white fellow was on the ground and at the mercy of his attacker. A swift kick to the head could have killed him or given him brain damage. Many cases of people being beaten to death and often with no good reason. Those violently inclined often get a high from causing bodily harm and there is no real reason to belive he would have stopped his assault other than the fact the white guy whipped out a pistol. Geez what a shock that must have been...I almost feel sorry for the guy. Then he gets shot....his last though was probably something like this: damn that guy looked so harmless.

Using your incredible lack of logic, why didn't the victim just pull out a gun and shoot the guy on the ground? Oh wait, that couldn't happen because he didn't have a gun. It's just like all of your bullshit about kicking someone while backing away!

Why don't you just come out and be clear that you are a racist son of a bitch?

Laughable and and thus you join the ranks of the ignorant and as a penalty you are demoted from admiral to 'out to sea on a dinghy'. heh heh

Lookee here boyo....the fact the black guy had no weapon has nothing to do with anything. Only a simpleton with little or no understanding of the law would mention that.

Taking a small step back and slightly to the right may look like blackie is retreating on the video a with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight whilst sitting in the safety and comfort of your abode but to a fellow who has just been violently assaulted and is down on the ground at the mercy of his attacker the view is quite different.

It was his life on the line and or the possibility of sustaining grievious bodily harm-- and thus no doubt the jury with the advice of expert opinion will have no trouble understanding that.

Also remember what you said about the Zimmerman case....which brings up the question--have you ever been right about anything?

Last edited:

My bias? What bias is that? Please explain.

Clearly my analytical skills far outweigh yours. There isn't any audio on the tape, nor can you see how the altercation started. How can you assume his life was in danger based on a mere shove (The black guy wasn't attacking further at the time he was shot)? People get shoved all the time. Based on what I saw and couldn't hear that was my opinion.

But, opinions don't matter in these cases. Which is why I conceded the prosecution would have a hard time with this case. Did you read any of that and the definitions I posted? It's you who is biased.

We shall see

I am a very reasonable person and the shooting was not in any way justified, so you can kiss my ass!

Again you reveal you are coinfused. No one said the white guy knew the attacker had a history of assault...he knew nothing about his attacker...did not even see him coming. He was having a conversation with the black g/f and the next thing he knows he is on the ground with a black guy hovering over him. Thus he was in fear of his life and or of grievious bodily harm and fully covered by the law on self defense to use deadly force. That is the law and if you do not like it...try and change it. Good luck with that. hehheh

Clearly my analytical skills far outweigh yours. There isn't any audio on the tape, nor can you see how the altercation started. How can you assume his life was in danger based on a mere shove (The black guy wasn't attacking further at the time he was shot)? People get shoved all the time. Based on what I saw and couldn't hear that was my opinion.

But, opinions don't matter in these cases. Which is why I conceded the prosecution would have a hard time with this case. Did you read any of that and the definitions I posted? It's you who is biased.

Your ignorance really does not deserve a reply but since it is a slow morning I will try to enlighten you.

Your bias and ignorance of the law is in plain view for all to see.

Drejka the white guy had just been assaulted. Yet you seem not to comprehend that.

All those who bring up the Stand your ground law simply fail to see that is not even applicable to this case...the white guy was on the ground and at the mercy of his attacker he had no ability to flee or even to try and flee without risk of further bodily harm and possibly even death.

Drejka was entirely within his legal rights to talk to the black lady about their parking in a handicap spot.

The only person initiating violence was her b/f who had a history of assault.

The b/f rushed out of the store in a fit of anger based on what someone told him inside the store...instead of trying to find out for himself what was going on he in his anger and perhaps even hatred of white people committed assault.

Absolutely outrageous...not even to mention stupid. Thus he sealed his own fate out of anger, hate, stupidity and a disposition for violence proved by his arrest record.

We shall see

Again you reveal you are coinfused. No one said the white guy knew the attacker had a history of assault...he knew nothing about his attacker...did not even see him coming. He was having a conversation with the black g/f and the next thing he knows he is on the ground with a black guy hovering over him. Thus he was in fear of his life and or of grievious bodily harm and fully covered by the law on self defense to use deadly force. That is the law and if you do not like it...try and change it. Good luck with that. hehheh
And by “conversation,” you mean yelling and cursing at her for parking in a spot he objected to.

Your ignorance really does not deserve a reply but since it is a slow morning I will try to enlighten you.

Your bias and ignorance of the law is in plain view for all to see.

Drejka the white guy had just been assaulted. Yet you seem not to comprehend that.

All those who bring up the Stand your ground law simply fail to see that is not even applicable to this case...the white guy was on the ground and at the mercy of his attacker he had no ability to flee or even to try and flee without risk of further bodily harm and possibly even death.

Drejka was entirely within his legal rights to talk to the black lady about their parking in a handicap spot.

The only person initiating violence was her b/f who had a history of assault.

The b/f rushed out of the store in a fit of anger based on what someone told him inside the store...instead of trying to find out for himself what was going on he in his anger and perhaps even hatred of white people committed assault.

Absolutely outrageous...not even to mention stupid. Thus he sealed his own fate out of anger, hate, stupidity and a disposition for violence proved by his arrest record.

You're not very smart. That much is obvious. Stand Your Grand applies entirely here. The definition:

...defendants can "stand their ground" and use force without retreating, in order to protect and defend themselves or others against threats or perceived threats. An example is where there is no duty to retreat from any place where they have a lawful right to be...

That's precisely what happened here and most likely why the shooter will get off. That's the LAW as it's written. My personal stand point is it didn't appear his life was in serious imminent danger in a situation he created himself.

Hard to believe I wasted a portion of my morning explaining basic Florida law to you.

Forum List

Back