Cop Panic

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Watching Animal Planet's "North Woods Law" about Maine Game Wardens I'm constantly noticing how calm and cool they are walking up on hunters with loaded, ready to fire rifles and shotguns. Compared to regular police who draw their weapons, shout and have panic attacks even when no obvious weapons are present. Maybe whatever training game wardens receive that enables them to carry out their duty without freaking out about a gun needs to become standard training for all law enforcement?

While it's true it's a different context and setting and chances are even a criminal hunter isn't facing more than a few days in jail and some fines, you'd think more than once some wanted felon was involved who had a lot to loose being caught. Yet game wardens seem perfectly at ease around weapons in the hands of suspects. Regular police don't.

Watching Animal Planet's "North Woods Law" about Maine Game Wardens I'm constantly noticing how calm and cool they are walking up on hunters with loaded, ready to fire rifles and shotguns. Compared to regular police who draw their weapons, shout and have panic attacks even when no obvious weapons are present. Maybe whatever training game wardens receive that enables them to carry out their duty without freaking out about a gun needs to become standard training for all law enforcement?

While it's true it's a different context and setting and chances are even a criminal hunter isn't facing more than a few days in jail and some fines, you'd think more than once some wanted felon was involved who had a lot to loose being caught. Yet game wardens seem perfectly at ease around weapons in the hands of suspects. Regular police don't.

It's simple. When you have a gun and you know someone else has a gun everyone is equal.

Now the difference is if you know you can take the faster draw. It's really that simple. No brainer actually. And some swagger but can't draw a bead. And others can.

And you better be able to do it with your soul. I've only had a moment where I had to draw a bead on a man. I never had to fire but it is terrifying. It stays with you. That's why I don't for the life of me understand gangbangers who just willy nilly run around shooting their guns off and getting poor baby girls just doing their homework killed in their bedrooms.

Yeah you have obviously met all 1,000,000 "regular police" and known how they all are. As if you've ever done anything dangerous like that.

Don't you have some gay orgy to be at? No...seriously...you said you enjoy male buttholes remember?

It's simple. When you have a gun and you know someone else has a gun everyone is equal.

Now the difference is if you know you can take the faster draw. It's really that simple. No brainer actually. And some swagger but can't draw a bead. And others can.
The point you're apparently making about the contrasting behaviour of wardens and police is lost on me. What is it exactly?

But to the OPs question......

It's a fucking TV show you homo. 90% of it is staged.

Typical liberal. Thinks what he sees on reality TV is actual "reality".

You should come be a cop in the South Atlanta area for a week. Zone 3. I'll give you a gun and take you out to confront and arrest some true gang members....not some duck hunters on a reality show. You'd end up being gang raped with your own gun probably.

Yeah you have obviously met all 1,000,000 "regular police" and known how they all are. As if you've ever done anything dangerous like that.
Perhaps you could post some Youtube vids of game wardens freaking out. Just to balance what we've seen happens when some cops do it.

The point you're apparently making about the contrasting behaviour of wardens and police is lost on me. What is it exactly?

The OPs point is he has no clue what he's talking about

Congratulations, Delta! You have just been crowned "KING OF IDIOTS"!!!!!!!!

You poor, stupid fucker! Hunters do not have an intent, or mens rea, to kill another human being. I have had DNR walk up on me in the woods. They were NEVER in any danger of being shot. A thug, especially a black one in today's hyper-racial society, carrying a gun, however, is a much different story. It needs to explanation. If you fail to get the difference then you are just fucked, dude!

You should come be a cop in the South Atlanta area for a week. Zone 3. I'll give you a gun and take you out to confront and arrest some true gang members....not some duck hunters on a reality show. You'd end up being gang raped with your own gun probably.

Exactly. Delta is a moron.

You never cease to offer us an ample supply of stupidity.

A few days ago he said that if he's ever diagnosed with a terminal illness he knows who he's going to take out with him.

Dude is unstable as fuck. Belongs in a hospital.

I think that most Mainer's grew up with Guns around, many with a shotgun right next to the back door or with them when outside, especially in the North Woods, and really, darn near everywhere....(We have a big ass bear ((which is gorgeous, yet frightening all in one)) that has come to our home 4 times in the last 3 years), and gun ownership truly isn't a "for show" kind of thing...it's not AK 47 type stuff.... and 25 different guns for show, most have them for safety from Bears, and to hunt...a lot of moose, venison and Bear eaters up here too...

so yes, I do think we handle our guns well here, and they are not frightening up here, because they simply are a way of life, from childhood onward...you can get a hunting license at 11 yrs old I believe or maybe it was 10 yrs old? up here, as long as the child goes through the State course for Children hunters and pass it.

What is scary, are the out of state criminals that come here to hide because pretty much, everyone minds their own business.

I think policemen in city and big towns, have so much more to be afraid of than we do way up here...

At the same time, I do think policemen could use some better training on keeping calm under stress and duress....and the training needs to keep up with the times....which it might already do, not certain?

PS.

Maine also has statistics behind the calmness of these Rangers, we were the safest State in the Nation the year before last and have been in the top 3-5 safest states to live...for a few decades....if not forever.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back