🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cops and administrators resign in small Missouri town after Black woman is elected mayor!

Well, golly gee pumpkins! Looks like you are the green-haired drag queen suggested by your avatar: a knee jerk clown jumping to the conclusion that anyone who says something he/she doesn’t like is a “libtard.”

You didn’t state what conclusions I have “jumped” to without any facts to back them up.
I could wager a guess but I’ll wait for you to be more specific so as not to JUMP to a conclusion.

In response to your “facts,” I’ll say this: The mayor, being a Black Republican, is probably not going to risk alienating White people by admitting that race/gender might have played some part in the mass resignations. Black Republicans are quite good at telling White folks what they want to hear since those are the people whose votes they value most.

The former police officer’s statement may be credible to you but I suspect it’s just a diversion from the truth. His claim that criminal relatives of the mayor are going to somehow terrorize the town, now that she is in office, is thinly veiled racism to say the least. His sources? Social media? Give me a break and a BRAKE too.

The officer certainly does not express any confidence in the mayor’s Republicanism or her associated “conservatism.” He obviously sees her and her relatives as subversives of the White way of life. Had he not added that little clip concerning the mayor’s family, I might have been sold on this incident as being non- racial.

You ain't too bright are ya JQ? Here's the relevant part of your post...

"White backlash soon reared it’s ugly head in the wake of the election when 80% of the city administrative employees, including cops, resigned. That certainly sent an ominous message that the new mayor won’t be getting much support from local White people."

A claim not born out by fact. And your siggie "Vote conservative and show how dumb you are!"

pretty much explains who you are as a person. Which is a libtard. In that you have a preconceived notion which no amount of factual data will convince you is wrong. Your OP was provably wrong. Your siggie is likewise provably wrong. I know a lot of cons who are smart. Just as I know a lot of progressives who are not too bright.
My siggie bothers you, doesn’t it? Well, I’ll make you even more uncomfortable by defining the “word “conservative” as I meant it to be applied there. Anyone who has read my posts has seen that I normally use quotations around the word to imply that it really is a euphemism for bigotry, racism and intolerance. In that context the word “
conservative” bears little or no resemblance to the actual definition of which applies to millions of good Americans including me! I’ll add those quotations marks to my siggie soon so as not to confuse “smart” people like you!

Nope. Your siggie does nothing more than identify who and what you are. I don't care who you are. I take nothing personal. You can call me any sort of name and I could care less. However, anything you post is colored by your statements and your siggie. It's an identifier. That's all. And for the record, I'm a liberal. I am not a progressive though.

Thats not my "siggie," it's a statement; and, it defines what ever I say it does... not what YOU say it does. But my "siggie" is not the topic of this op, dude! The response to the new Mayor of Parma is the subject. OK?

And when you said you could care less, I'm fairly certain you meant to say you couldn't care less. Perhaps you think I'm just jumping to a conclusion by correcting you but inquiring minds want to know! Heh heh heh!

You are a liberal? What kind of liberal?... social, fiscal, hedonist, etc., Again, inquiring minds want to know?
BTW, you are not all THAT liberal or my "siggie" wouldn't have struck such a nerve with you. Why are you defending "conservatives?"

I am a social liberal but a fiscal conservative. Your siggie, as I have said before, doesn't bother me. But it does inform me of your opinions, and "could care less" Is equally correct. Feel free to look it up.
well, thanks for clarifying that you are both conservative AND liberal. So why did you initially want me to believe you were JUST liberal? Don't bother answering that... I already know! Convenience! Your avatar of Hillary seems to contradict what you are saying here. I wouldn't think a liberal would use such an image to degrade one of the main proponents of liberalism in this country.

The image and words in my "siggie" represent a response to people like Steve McGarrett and other"conservatives" who use imagery to make social and political statements. When they dispense with insulting imagery, I will too.

When you used the phrase " I could care less," it did not support your premise. You were trying to say that you didn't care about my siggie; so, if that was your tact, saying you could care less doesn't make sense. YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID YOU COULD NOT CARE LESS! And, no it is NOT correct to say you could care less
Your use of malapropisms tell me more about you than my siggie tells you about me.

This thread =
explodingsmiley.gif

The citizens of Parma, Mo. decided they wanted change after 37 years of mayoral domination by one person....an aging White male. That change came when Mayor Tyrus Byrd was sworn in as the new mayor.

White backlash soon reared it’s ugly head in the wake of the election when 80% of the city administrative employees, including cops, resigned. That certainly sent an ominous message that the new mayor won’t be getting much support from local White people.

Byrd, is not only female, she is Black too. Perhaps that combination was too much to bear for the pillars of the community.but it does show that the system is beginning to work to some degree for people of color. But is that enough? The resignation of top administrators and officials is sure to leave a gap in services and city matters that will have the new mayor scrambling to reorganize and keep things running. And who knows what dirty things former employees are willing to do in an attempt to make her fail.

The strategy of the former White administrators is clear. They apparently want to undermine the efforts of this newly elected mayor and will likely lead an exodus out of the city to incorporate elsewhere, taking their tax base with them.. But, that is mere speculation on my part. I have not read or heard that ALL local Whites are on board with osme White Flight conspiracy. We shall see!

Hopefully, the citizens who remain, regardless of race or political inclination, will band together and make this mayor’s tenure a successful one. The whole world is watching!

Looks like you are the person in your siggie there. Typical libtard jumping to conclusions with no facts to back them up.

"One thing both the newly elected mayor and the officer can agree on is that the issue has nothing to do with race or gender.

When we asked if she ever thought Parma, Mo. would reach national news, she said: "That's not my mission and it's still not in this way."

A week into office, Mayor Tyrus Byrd is still unclear about the "safety concerns" some of the former officials cited in the resignation to former Mayor Randall Ramsey.

One officials said off camera that race is the furthest thing from it.

"If I was going to lose my job anyways, I might as well start looking," said the officer.

The former officer claimed the safety concerns were in reference to some of Mayor Byrd's family members using social media to show how they plan to act now that she is in office.

"These posts were made by people that had active warrants through our city, and they were claiming it is now safe to return to Parma now that they have family that's the mayor now," he said."

Parma MO police officer who resigned speaks out - KFVS12 News Weather Cape Girardeau Carbondale Poplar Bluff
Well, golly gee pumpkins! Looks like you are the green-haired drag queen suggested by your avatar: a knee jerk clown jumping to the conclusion that anyone who says something he/she doesn’t like is a “libtard.”

You didn’t state what conclusions I have “jumped” to without any facts to back them up.
I could wager a guess but I’ll wait for you to be more specific so as not to JUMP to a conclusion.

In response to your “facts,” I’ll say this: The mayor, being a Black Republican, is probably not going to risk alienating White people by admitting that race/gender might have played some part in the mass resignations. Black Republicans are quite good at telling White folks what they want to hear since those are the people whose votes they value most.

The former police officer’s statement may be credible to you but I suspect it’s just a diversion from the truth. His claim that criminal relatives of the mayor are going to somehow terrorize the town, now that she is in office, is thinly veiled racism to say the least. His sources? Social media? Give me a break and a BRAKE too.

The officer certainly does not express any confidence in the mayor’s Republicanism or her associated “conservatism.” He obviously sees her and her relatives as subversives of the White way of life. Had he not added that little clip concerning the mayor’s family, I might have been sold on this incident as being non- racial.

Her criminal relatives will return bringing friends with them. Any attempt to interfere with criminal activity will be met with a haughty "Do you know who I am?"

Any decent law abiding person in this town should get out now.
See what I mean folks. This Black conservative mayor is given a vote of no confidence even before she gets her feet on the ground. And who are the most vociferous critics? White conservatives!...( notice I do not differentiate between White conservative Repubs or White conservative Dems here.)

You honestly don't see where you're jumping to conclusions?

The mayor herself says the resignations aren't about race, but somehow you're certain that she is lying to avoid unsettling her base? Do tell what the evidence is upon which you're basing this statement. Do you have some sort of transcript on what she was -really- thinking when you read her mind and determined that she was lying?

Also, what evidence do you have that the white police officers were conservative? Not only did you not cite any supporting documents in this assumption, but other than the fact that he had a dispute with a black politician, you haven't even tried to offer up any reason why you believe him to be conservative. Just attached the descriptor as though it's fact and proceeded to get butthurt when you got called out for jumping to conclusions.

Lemme help you out, here... You're not a verifiable mind-reader, therefore your pontification on what someone's true motives are, are based on a hunch. Your hunch is not factual and cannot rightly be called evidence, so when it is your basis for a strong opinion, as it is here, what you've done is jumped to a conclusion without evidence.

See how that works? All very straight forward.

Anyone else need a logic 101 lesson? My afternoon's pretty free, today :)

I honestly don't see where my so-called conclusions warrant any different scruitiny than those of anyone else posting here. We are all, to some extent ,concluding things based on what other people tell us when we post in this thread.

You've concluded the mayor was telling the truth without any mental evasion whatsoever. Why is that? You don't really know her do you? Neither of us do. But I think we both can agree that she is a politician and that politicians are known to lie when convenient. In this case , using my razor sharp wit and uncanny ability to sniff out the truth, I surmised that Tyrus really had no way of knowing what the people resigning were thinking when they did so. Is she a telepathic sage or something? So, in effect, she WAS lying and strategically structuring that lie to please her White constituents.

Another red herring jumped out at me when I read the statement given by one of the resigning police officers. Racism oozed from his words like an oil slick from a derailed train. He blew his cover by insinuating the mayor's relatives were criminals with outstanding warrants and were now conspiring to come back and terrorize the town. His intelligence gathering apparatus was , er... social media. Ahem!
I didn't see your comments decrying HIS credibility. Did I miss something? At the very least the ex-officer is an alarmist! In my opinion his statement further brands him a "conservative" like the one in my "siggie."
Do you understand now?

No, Ia m not a verifiable mind reader but I can read behavior and circumstances pretty well. I can also read between the lines and deftly withdraw enough evidence to conclude an intent. My"conclusion," as you put it was/is sound and based on experience with handling and processing evidence in criminal cases.

Your logic 101 fails; so, please stop trying to teach it . Give your students a chance to learn the truth.

Actually, at no point did I say that I believe the mayor to be telling the truth. At no point would I present my hunches as fact, though given the many narratives flying around conservative news sources about liberals being racist and sexiest against women and racial minorities who are republican or conservative, if I had to guess I'd say it's fairly likely she considers race a contributing factor, maybe rightfully so. I'd also say, however, that, given the greater intimacy between the few officials in a small town government, an effective regime change is always more likely to create a noticeable upheaval than in a larger municipality where everybody doesn't know everybody, and party affiliation and interpersonal relationships can lead to that shit just as easy as racism. At either rate, we're both just projecting. The only difference is that one of us isn't making the worst possible assumption about the motives and acting like we know it to be fact.

I'll keep bringing the basic logic until you start grasping the basic implications of what you're saying :)

The citizens of Parma, Mo. decided they wanted change after 37 years of mayoral domination by one person....an aging White male. That change came when Mayor Tyrus Byrd was sworn in as the new mayor.

White backlash soon reared it’s ugly head in the wake of the election when 80% of the city administrative employees, including cops, resigned. That certainly sent an ominous message that the new mayor won’t be getting much support from local White people.

Byrd, is not only female, she is Black too. Perhaps that combination was too much to bear for the pillars of the community.but it does show that the system is beginning to work to some degree for people of color. But is that enough? The resignation of top administrators and officials is sure to leave a gap in services and city matters that will have the new mayor scrambling to reorganize and keep things running. And who knows what dirty things former employees are willing to do in an attempt to make her fail.

The strategy of the former White administrators is clear. They apparently want to undermine the efforts of this newly elected mayor and will likely lead an exodus out of the city to incorporate elsewhere, taking their tax base with them.. But, that is mere speculation on my part. I have not read or heard that ALL local Whites are on board with osme White Flight conspiracy. We shall see!

Hopefully, the citizens who remain, regardless of race or political inclination, will band together and make this mayor’s tenure a successful one. The whole world is watching!

Looks like you are the person in your siggie there. Typical libtard jumping to conclusions with no facts to back them up.

"One thing both the newly elected mayor and the officer can agree on is that the issue has nothing to do with race or gender.

When we asked if she ever thought Parma, Mo. would reach national news, she said: "That's not my mission and it's still not in this way."

A week into office, Mayor Tyrus Byrd is still unclear about the "safety concerns" some of the former officials cited in the resignation to former Mayor Randall Ramsey.

One officials said off camera that race is the furthest thing from it.

"If I was going to lose my job anyways, I might as well start looking," said the officer.

The former officer claimed the safety concerns were in reference to some of Mayor Byrd's family members using social media to show how they plan to act now that she is in office.

"These posts were made by people that had active warrants through our city, and they were claiming it is now safe to return to Parma now that they have family that's the mayor now," he said."

Parma MO police officer who resigned speaks out - KFVS12 News Weather Cape Girardeau Carbondale Poplar Bluff

Her criminal relatives will return bringing friends with them. Any attempt to interfere with criminal activity will be met with a haughty "Do you know who I am?"

See what I mean folks. This Black conservative mayor is given a vote of no confidence even before she gets her feet on the ground. And who are the most vociferous critics? White conservatives!...( notice I do not differentiate between White conservative Repubs or White conservative Dems here.)

You honestly don't see where you're jumping to conclusions?

The mayor herself says the resignations aren't about race, but somehow you're certain that she is lying to avoid unsettling her base? Do tell what the evidence is upon which you're basing this statement. Do you have some sort of transcript on what she was -really- thinking when you read her mind and determined that she was lying?

Also, what evidence do you have that the white police officers were conservative? Not only did you not cite any supporting documents in this assumption, but other than the fact that he had a dispute with a black politician, you haven't even tried to offer up any reason why you believe him to be conservative. Just attached the descriptor as though it's fact and proceeded to get butthurt when you got called out for jumping to conclusions.

Lemme help you out, here... You're not a verifiable mind-reader, therefore your pontification on what someone's true motives are, are based on a hunch. Your hunch is not factual and cannot rightly be called evidence, so when it is your basis for a strong opinion, as it is here, what you've done is jumped to a conclusion without evidence.

See how that works? All very straight forward.

Anyone else need a logic 101 lesson? My afternoon's pretty free, today :)

I honestly don't see where my so-called conclusions warrant any different scruitiny than those of anyone else posting here. We are all, to some extent ,concluding things based on what other people tell us when we post in this thread.

You've concluded the mayor was telling the truth without any mental evasion whatsoever. Why is that? You don't really know her do you? Neither of us do. But I think we both can agree that she is a politician and that politicians are known to lie when convenient. In this case , using my razor sharp wit and uncanny ability to sniff out the truth, I surmised that Tyrus really had no way of knowing what the people resigning were thinking when they did so. Is she a telepathic sage or something? So, in effect, she WAS lying and strategically structuring that lie to please her White constituents.

Another red herring jumped out at me when I read the statement given by one of the resigning police officers. Racism oozed from his words like an oil slick from a derailed train. He blew his cover by insinuating the mayor's relatives were criminals with outstanding warrants and were now conspiring to come back and terrorize the town. His intelligence gathering apparatus was , er... social media. Ahem!
I didn't see your comments decrying HIS credibility. Did I miss something? At the very least the ex-officer is an alarmist! In my opinion his statement further brands him a "conservative" like the one in my "siggie."
Do you understand now?

No, Ia m not a verifiable mind reader but I can read behavior and circumstances pretty well. I can also read between the lines and deftly withdraw enough evidence to conclude an intent. My"conclusion," as you put it was/is sound and based on experience with handling and processing evidence in criminal cases.

Your logic 101 fails; so, please stop trying to teach it . Give your students a chance to learn the truth.

Actually, at no point did I say that I believe the mayor to be telling the truth. At no point would I present my hunches as fact, though given the many narratives flying around conservative news sources about liberals being racist and sexiest against women and racial minorities who are republican or conservative, if I had to guess I'd say it's fairly likely she considers race a contributing factor, maybe rightfully so. I'd also say, however, that, given the greater intimacy between the few officials in a small town government, an effective regime change is always more likely to create a noticeable upheaval than in a larger municipality where everybody doesn't know everybody, and party affiliation and interpersonal relationships can lead to that shit just as easy as racism. At either rate, we're both just projecting. The only difference is that one of us isn't making the worst possible assumption about the motives and acting like we know it to be fact.

I'll keep bringing the basic logic until you start grasping the basic implications of what you're saying :)

Well, no you didn't come right out and say you believe the mayor was telling the truth but you certainly did not give equal weight to the possibility that she might be telling a "white lie." you were quick to psychoanalyze me, yet, you failed to see the most obvious detail on which I based my premise. There it was , right in front of you and you missed it. Tyrus simply could NOT know the thoughts of the people resigning. And yes, each one might have submitted a written statement to the effect of why they quit but are they going to tell the truth there? I doubt if anyone of them was bold enough to admit in writing that they just did not want to work for a Black person or a female.

I was somewhat baffled when you said: given the many narratives flying around conservative news sources about liberals being racist and sexiest against women and racial minorities who are republican or conservative, if I had to guess I'd say it's fairly likely she considers race a contributing factor, maybe rightfully so." That statement tells me you believe the White male police officer who subtly brought race into a news interview was a liberal. Is that what you are suggesting? I guess if Limbaugh, Hannity or O'Reilly are doing their jobs of convincing the masses that modern democrats are the real racists, liberal or not. Surprisingly, I can see that "conservative" democrats are just as biased as their republican counterparts... But socially liberal democrats? I just don't see it as readily in those I know. Any police officer who would make such a statement is NOT a liberal. Agreed?

The real culprit here is the news organization that broke this story. From the onset , the narrative was sensationalized to draw upon the past events in Ferguson. The author obviously had a sense that racism was at the core of the mass resignations and that there was something out of the ordinary going on . Was he/she right? So far, the only facts to prove or disprove race was involved are stacking up in MY favor....give it up!

That's because you don't want to say anything negative about Democrats. You're not fooling anybody.
After Ferguson, I have been quite critical of SOME Democrats. You haven't been paying attention!
You're not worth that much attention.
Heh heh heh! You seem to find and respond to my excellent narratives everywhere I post... "sigh" I guess I'm irresistible...regardless of your feigned antipathy towards me.:lol:
No, I just like to fuck with you from time to time. Don't mistake that for being taken seriously.

Forum List

Back