Cops held mentally ill man down on scorching asphalt until his skin literally melted off

Freddie Grey ran from the police even though he had done nothing wrong. We now understand why.
hahhahahahahahha
why is he running from the police!!???!!! hahahahahah
....so he ran from the police, because he was doing nothing wrong, and you blame the police for his death??!!! hahahahahha.....that is some of the dumbest logic I've ever heard
...Freddie Gray Arrest Record, Criminal History, and Rap Sheet = criminals run from the police--not innocent people--unless they are stupid---

Freddie ran because he had a deadly weapon in his pocket and didn't want to go back to jail.

He had a small knife. He was doing nothing illegal and the police had no reason to come after him.
hahahahha JESUS F CHRIST----you people are brainwashed/don't think/don't research/are racist/etc !!!
YES--they did have a reason--HE RAN when he saw the police!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ce,[39] at 8:39 a.m Lieutenant Brian W. Rice, Officer Edward Nero, and Officer Garrett E. Miller were patrolling on bicycles and made eye contact with Gray,[35][40][41] who proceeded to flee on foot "unprovoked upon noticing police presence"
Death of Freddie Gray - Wikipedia

This has been covered.
I know--anytime I see a cop I RUN!!! all innocent people do...we run into each other

Cops Held Mentally Ill Man Down on Scorching Asphalt Until His Skin Literally Melted Off
(FTP) — A California man is suing the city of Citrus Heights and several of its police officers for the horrific injuries — skin literally melting off — when police forced him onto the ground of a restaurant parking lot when the temperature was more than 100 degrees outside. The city finally settled this lawsuit, but it was just learned that police and officials forced the victim’s attorney and the victim to stay silent about it. Luckily, the press is not subject to the same terms.

Well you got your ggood guys and you got your bad guys but then you have these looons who think they won't get punished because they are on the
Or you COULD look at it this way - Don't do things that would provoke a police officer(s) to HAVE to take you to the ground. Problem solved.

I agree.

Policemen are not psychics....how were they to know the person was mentally ill.

They are here to do their duty. :thup:
Maybe he was wearing blue pants and shirt with stripes, jingles and a badge and pointing at the badge repeating his "position of authority". That's a sure sign of mental illness.

hahhahahahahahha
....so he ran from the police, because he was doing nothing wrong, and you blame the police for his death??!!! hahahahahha.....that is some of the dumbest logic I've ever heard
...Freddie Gray Arrest Record, Criminal History, and Rap Sheet = criminals run from the police--not innocent people--unless they are stupid---

Freddie ran because he had a deadly weapon in his pocket and didn't want to go back to jail.

He had a small knife. He was doing nothing illegal and the police had no reason to come after him.
hahahahha JESUS F CHRIST----you people are brainwashed/don't think/don't research/are racist/etc !!!
ce,[39] at 8:39 a.m Lieutenant Brian W. Rice, Officer Edward Nero, and Officer Garrett E. Miller were patrolling on bicycles and made eye contact with Gray,[35][40][41] who proceeded to flee on foot "unprovoked upon noticing police presence"

This has been covered.
I know--anytime I see a cop I RUN!!! all innocent people do...we run into each other

were you with cliven bundy, waving your guns at police?

The police could have simply touched the pavement to see just how hot it is, or on any hot day, they could touch it to see, but they don't because, ironically, they are afraid they will get burns, so they become willfully hardened or oblivious to the dangers.

Or they could have just handcuffed him and walked him to the car.
Contact with the ground was not at all necessary for their arrest.
And one would think there would have had to have been grass or sidewalk that was not at hot as black asphalt?

The police could have simply touched the pavement to see just how hot it is, or on any hot day, they could touch it to see, but they don't because, ironically, they are afraid they will get burns, so they become willfully hardened or oblivious to the dangers.

And one would think there would have had to have been grass or sidewalk that was not at hot as black asphalt?

Were you there? Was he resisting arrest? Was he refusing to cooperate?

Does the article say?

Does the article say?

I was not interested in reading the whole article, but it sounded like it started in a store.
There then had to be cooler and softer places to have a dust up.
And the only reason I can think for knocking someone to the ground is if they constantly are trying to make a run for it, and the cop is alone.
Otherwise it is easier to cuff them while they are standing,

Cops Held Mentally Ill Man Down on Scorching Asphalt Until His Skin Literally Melted Off
(FTP) — A California man is suing the city of Citrus Heights and several of its police officers for the horrific injuries — skin literally melting off — when police forced him onto the ground of a restaurant parking lot when the temperature was more than 100 degrees outside. The city finally settled this lawsuit, but it was just learned that police and officials forced the victim’s attorney and the victim to stay silent about it. Luckily, the press is not subject to the same terms.

Well you got your ggood guys and you got your bad guys but then you have these looons who think they won't get punished because they are on the

Another stupid pig that FNCCEO will no doubt defend that ought to be busted off the force, have the book thrown at and be charged with criminal assault.

SURE, you dumb, fucking jackass! Just lay here burning your skin off until I complete my arrest!

Woo hoo! Shout out!

Proof once again no one goes into police work because of their high IQ or scholastic achievement. It is dirty, dangerous, thankless grunt work for people who want a license to beat people up. The only up side is that hopefully most police also have a sense of duty and morality to restrain themselves. The arresting jackass could have just as easily stood this guy up against the car to handcuff him. Doesn't take a genius to know how hot things can get inside your car when parked in the Sun all day. Asphalt can be worse.

hahhahahahahahha

This has been covered.

A lot of felons ...

Start-of-Boston-Marathon-700x700.jpg

How can a person's skin melt off in 100 degree temperature? Maybe the asphalt was fresh and sticky.

It is called BLISTERING. If the full sun is shining on 100° black asphalt, it will store and hold the heat and be FAR HOTTER than the air temp! Or have you never gone out in the summer in your bare feet? Next summer, get down on a hot summer day and press your face to the asphalt and let us know.

Blistering is not what caused third degree burns.

Dumbass!

From the KING of USMB Dumbasses! And you are one really fine liar and fraud as well. Who cares the semantics of what to CALL the burn, the POINT is the itinerant stupidity of a cop to hold someone face down on boiling hot summer asphalt as they scream they are being burned, BEGGING to be moved to the grass! Pictures don't lie. That cop is too dumb and dangerous to be carrying a gun.

Does the article say?
Was he Armed? No
Once he started to scream in pain, could they move him to a safer spot?
Yes

Another stupid pig that FNCCEO will no doubt defend that ought to be busted off the force, have the book thrown at and be charged with criminal assault.

SURE, you dumb, fucking jackass! Just lay here burning your skin off until I complete my arrest!
as I stated--these articles leave a lot of facts out
...the police can't say ''pretty please'' to irrational/stupid/crazy/violent/etc people-FORCE has to be used--and if you have to use FORCE on a non-compliant person or item, guess what?? something breaks ..it's not the cops fault -- plain and simple

the OP's article left this out--conveniently:
Security footage inside the KFC shows that Nelson tried to jump the counter and took a swipe at the manager — he also unsuccessfully attempted to steal the manager’s wallet.
he got what he deserved
Sacramento Arrest Leaves Man Hospitalized With Third Degree Burns

The rule of law requires that judges decide what people deserve, not police. When police do it on their own, that is called an illegal dictatorship or police state.
again--you are living in TV LAND--not reality...you get some big MOFO that doesn't want to be handcuffed and FIGHTS back--WTF are you going to do??

If you can take him outside, if you can lay him down, then you could have just as easily laid him down 30 feet away in the grass. Or zapped him, or beat him senseless with a club, or called for backup. The arresting officer does not have free license to torture or maim a person just because they are having a bad day.

I can't believe the number of idiots here who are essentially arguing that if you get arrested and the officer takes you down to the ground and your hand lands in a campfire, that it is the arestee's tough luck if he gets burned rather than the officer simply find a safer or more reasonable place to handcuff him. It is not the job of the police officer to be as dumb as the person being arrested.

Watching the video was so painful, can't imagine how it felt.
The cop should never be allowed out of jail for his crimes.
Never seen such barbaric inhumanity.

Question.... were they following the specific training on how to handle the situation, that they were instructed to do, according to the cities police department guide lines?

Because here's the problem.... When they violate their police training, you want to put them on trial for not doing what they were instructed to do.

Then when they do exactly as they are trained, you want to put them on trial for that.

So I want to know if this is exactly how they are trained to deal with this type of situation.

How can a person's skin melt off in 100 degree temperature? Maybe the asphalt was fresh and sticky.

It is called BLISTERING. If the full sun is shining on 100° black asphalt, it will store and hold the heat and be FAR HOTTER than the air temp! Or have you never gone out in the summer in your bare feet? Next summer, get down on a hot summer day and press your face to the asphalt and let us know.

Blistering is not what caused third degree burns.

Dumbass!

From the KING of USMB Dumbasses! And you are one really fine liar and fraud as well. Who cares the semantics of what to CALL the burn, the POINT is the itinerant stupidity of a cop to hold someone face down on boiling hot summer asphalt as they scream they are being burned, BEGGING to be moved to the grass! Pictures don't lie. That cop is too dumb and dangerous to be carrying a gun.

He did not say anything about being burned, nor did he beg to be moved to the grass. You are just making shit up like you always do,

Did anybody bother to check the date on this story? It is almost 2 and a half years old!

You will also be happy to know he is $1.2 million richer this week due to his settling the case he brought against the police.

as I stated--these articles leave a lot of facts out
...the police can't say ''pretty please'' to irrational/stupid/crazy/violent/etc people-FORCE has to be used--and if you have to use FORCE on a non-compliant person or item, guess what?? something breaks ..it's not the cops fault -- plain and simple

the OP's article left this out--conveniently:
Security footage inside the KFC shows that Nelson tried to jump the counter and took a swipe at the manager — he also unsuccessfully attempted to steal the manager’s wallet.
he got what he deserved
Sacramento Arrest Leaves Man Hospitalized With Third Degree Burns

The rule of law requires that judges decide what people deserve, not police. When police do it on their own, that is called an illegal dictatorship or police state.
again--you are living in TV LAND--not reality...you get some big MOFO that doesn't want to be handcuffed and FIGHTS back--WTF are you going to do??

If you can take him outside, if you can lay him down, then you could have just as easily laid him down 30 feet away in the grass. Or zapped him, or beat him senseless with a club, or called for backup. The arresting officer does not have free license to torture or maim a person just because they are having a bad day.

I can't believe the number of idiots here who are essentially arguing that if you get arrested and the officer takes you down to the ground and your hand lands in a campfire, that it is the arestee's tough luck if he gets burned rather than the officer simply find a safer or more reasonable place to handcuff him. It is not the job of the police officer to be as dumb as the person being arrested.
yes--you are living in TV land--YOU are the idiot ......they are not torturing--they are trying to subdue irrational dumbass jackasses like you are
....it's not a movie--what don't you understand about that???

Forum List

Back