Cops Kill Man In Wheelchair (video)

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
Looks like cops did what they had to do

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

But he was in a wheel chair! He was mental ill! Why didn't they just shoot him in the knee....er...wait....in the elbow!!

When you're out there tooling around in your assault wheelchair and showing off your gun, it's probably a good idea to do whatever the police are asking of you.

Tooling around in your ASSULT chair? You are a stupid, ignorant, sick asshole!

Looks like cops did what they had to do

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

They didn't HAVE to do anything to that extent. It could have been handled much differently. The amount of rounds they put into that guy was uncalled for and excessive! I didn't see where the guy shot a single round from his chair, he was simply holding a gun. And that warranted what the cops did?? They'll probably end up with desk duty for a week at most. Disgusting bullshit!

Delaware police shot and killed an armed man in a wheelchair who had apparently attempted suicide Wednesday, prompting bystanders to yell at officers for opening fire.

The News Journal reports that the man, Jeremy McDowell, had a self-inflicted gunshot wound when police arrived on scene. After McDowell refused to drop his weapon, Wilmington, Del., police shot him multiple times. The shooting is under investigation.

Delaware Police Shoot and Kill Man in Wheelchair

^Sounds like the cops overreacted.

What's the big deal?

When a cop says put your hands up, put your hands up!

What's the big deal?

When a cop says put your hands up, put your hands up!

Yeah, if you're able to comprehend. Maybe he wasn't able to do that either at the time or period, we don't know. Not everything is black and white, and cops should know that and conduct themselves accordingly. The guy in the chair, from what I saw, didn't even shoot a single round, but the cops certainly put a ton in him.

Delaware police shot and killed an armed man in a wheelchair who had apparently attempted suicide Wednesday, prompting bystanders to yell at officers for opening fire.

The News Journal reports that the man, Jeremy McDowell, had a self-inflicted gunshot wound when police arrived on scene. After McDowell refused to drop his weapon, Wilmington, Del., police shot him multiple times. The shooting is under investigation.

Delaware Police Shoot and Kill Man in Wheelchair

^Sounds like the cops overreacted.

Is attempting suicide reason that be gunned down like an animal. Under investigation means they will get desk duty, maybe, or charm school for a week. Wow!

So.....what SHOULD the cops have done?

Not shown up?
Set a perimeter a mile wide and never get near him?
Hide behind cover until he finished killing himself?

Cop haters always say "should've handled differently"....but rarely offer a realistic alternative action.

So.....what SHOULD the cops have done?

Not shown up?
Set a perimeter a mile wide and never get near him?
Hide behind cover until he finished killing himself?

Cop haters always say "should've handled differently"....but rarely offer a realistic alternative action.

A realistic resolution might have been to come up behind him while he was being distracted and get the gun away, question him about his level in of understanding in order to assess him, taze him, or put a round in a not so vulnerable location, just to name a few. As to your "cop hater" comment, my uncle was a very good cop before retirement after 30 years on the force. I have a lot of respect for good cops, those guys weren't. Here's my "realistic alternative action". Happy, now? We definitely want you to be happy--stupid but happy.

The guy in the chair, from what I saw, didn't even shoot a single round, but the cops certainly put a ton in him.
So you think the cops should have waited till the guy started shooting?

Forum List

Back