Cops Killing Civilians: What Is It Really About?

According to the GALLUP study, the black population has less trust to the police. African American citizens do not believe that the police, the court or any other state institution can protect them (or protects them enough). They also believe to be mistreated by the police.

Do they have real grounds for such attitude or is there some other side of the coin?

Just think about it. Not a single person wants to go outside being afraid of a police officer, thinking what to do or not to do in order to avoid police brutality. But why is it the blacks who are more afraid of the police, not the whites?

And then just think about the cops who die on duty. There are quite a lot of them, btw. I don’t think any of them want to die, so there are rules they follow to avoid risks and to prevent some injuries from happening. Especially in certain environment and neighborhoods. And then there are circumstances in which an average cop would be more nervous and prepared to use his gun.

I’m not implying here that some citizens are provoking officers or some officers are too nervous. I’m just trying to say that there are two sides (at least, so maybe there are even more) of the problem when both parties move to escalating the conflict.

In general, I think that we have here a complicated social, cultural and historical controversy which no one is planning to solve. And just forbidding cops to shoot won’t work. Neither will rules on how to behave in front of the police officer help.
IMO the problem with the police is a manifestation and microcosm of the racial history in the US. It was not until Civil Rights did you see the large scale appearance of heavy handed police presence in the Black community. That points directly to an issue of control. "How do we keep control of the Black people problem?" Once the legal control of Blacks via Jim Crow was dismantled there had to be another means put in place. I believe that police were the answer to that question asked by some of the countries top politicians. Until everyone acknowledges the reality of this dynamic we will not be able to resolve this.
I have NO IDEA what the hell you just said.. Sounds like a lot of jibberish. No need to explain. I don't think YOU know what you just said either. :laugh:
You dont have an idea because you lack the brain power to comprehend. I understand this and thats why I would never assume you would get it. Funny that Roadrunner gets it even if he disagrees.
No, the reason I don't know what you said, is because what you said doesn't make any sense. The cops go where the crime is. And what Roadrunner gets, is that you make things up. BINGO!!!!

What's it about?

A culture that has had its values weakened to the point that a parent can't even dicipline a child without risking a visit from family services or police.
All & I mean ALL of our self inflicted social issues stem from childhood.

"It speaks to the notion that white violent behavior is not something talked about or stigmatized in the media or in mainstream society to extent that African-American rioting or looting behavior is," Wolcott said.

Pumpkin Fest was a dramatic version of that because of initial characterizations of crowd behavior as rowdy: vandalization of cars and streets signs, fighting police and setting fires in the streets. White people frequently get "rowdy" at sporting events or music festivals, but that behavior is not associated with the white community on the whole in the same way that instances of looting or vandalization tend to be associated with the black community, she said.

Why Pumpkin Fest riots are not like Ferguson - CNN.com
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted.

What's it about?

A culture that has had its values weakened to the point that a parent can't even dicipline a child without risking a visit from family services or police.
All & I mean ALL of our self inflicted social issues stem from childhood.

"It speaks to the notion that white violent behavior is not something talked about or stigmatized in the media or in mainstream society to extent that African-American rioting or looting behavior is," Wolcott said.

Pumpkin Fest was a dramatic version of that because of initial characterizations of crowd behavior as rowdy: vandalization of cars and streets signs, fighting police and setting fires in the streets. White people frequently get "rowdy" at sporting events or music festivals, but that behavior is not associated with the white community on the whole in the same way that instances of looting or vandalization tend to be associated with the black community, she said.

Why Pumpkin Fest riots are not like Ferguson - CNN.com
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted.

It ablsolutley predicted your stupid ass before you could do it. Its the only play you have.

According to the GALLUP study, the black population has less trust to the police. African American citizens do not believe that the police, the court or any other state institution can protect them (or protects them enough). They also believe to be mistreated by the police.

Do they have real grounds for such attitude or is there some other side of the coin?

Just think about it. Not a single person wants to go outside being afraid of a police officer, thinking what to do or not to do in order to avoid police brutality. But why is it the blacks who are more afraid of the police, not the whites?

And then just think about the cops who die on duty. There are quite a lot of them, btw. I don’t think any of them want to die, so there are rules they follow to avoid risks and to prevent some injuries from happening. Especially in certain environment and neighborhoods. And then there are circumstances in which an average cop would be more nervous and prepared to use his gun.

I’m not implying here that some citizens are provoking officers or some officers are too nervous. I’m just trying to say that there are two sides (at least, so maybe there are even more) of the problem when both parties move to escalating the conflict.

In general, I think that we have here a complicated social, cultural and historical controversy which no one is planning to solve. And just forbidding cops to shoot won’t work. Neither will rules on how to behave in front of the police officer help.
IMO the problem with the police is a manifestation and microcosm of the racial history in the US. It was not until Civil Rights did you see the large scale appearance of heavy handed police presence in the Black community. That points directly to an issue of control. "How do we keep control of the Black people problem?" Once the legal control of Blacks via Jim Crow was dismantled there had to be another means put in place. I believe that police were the answer to that question asked by some of the countries top politicians. Until everyone acknowledges the reality of this dynamic we will not be able to resolve this.
I beg to differ.

One of my grandfather's uncles was a one armed Civil War vet who was a cop in Macon GA for forty years after the Civil War.

Those cops were heavy handed with EVERYONE.

I think you just make shit up.
Your one off has nothing to do with actual facts. Why was there no heavy police presence in Black neighborhoods prior to Civil Rights? You do know thats what gave rise to the Black Panthers. There is a reason for everything.
Got a source for this claim ? Got a link ? Got anything ? :biggrin:

Police risk lives everyday. Black community must clean up its own crime problem before blaming cops for being so heavy in their neighborhoods.

"blaming the victim"
The victims are the police, and consequently from that, we all are victims. Solutions ? Lock up as many lawbreaking protestors as possible, keep them in jail for as long as possible, and treat them lie shit while they're there.

Oh I dont know

o-ferg-570.jpg

Looks like there is 30 pictures there, and I'm willing to bet any amount of money that you would like that at MINIMUM 25 of those people were not murdered.

I'm betting they all deserved it :rolleyes:

My mistake, I thought you were a serious person.
Well everyone here knows what a stupid c*** you are.
You're a fucking joke on this forum.

I have NO IDEA what the hell you just said.. Sounds like a lot of jibberish. No need to explain. I don't think YOU know what you just said either. :laugh:
You dont have an idea because you lack the brain power to comprehend. I understand this and thats why I would never assume you would get it. Funny that Roadrunner gets it even if he disagrees.
No, the reason I don't know what you said, is because what you said doesn't make any sense. The cops go where the crime is. And what Roadrunner gets, is that you make things up. BINGO!!!!
It makes plenty of sense. Your inability to understand it was anticipated and why it was not directed at you. Roadrunner understood it and disagreed with it.

I beg to differ.

One of my grandfather's uncles was a one armed Civil War vet who was a cop in Macon GA for forty years after the Civil War.

Your one off has nothing to do with actual facts. Why was there no heavy police presence in Black neighborhoods prior to Civil Rights? You do know thats what gave rise to the Black Panthers. There is a reason for everything.

HA HA.. You really think anybody is going to watch/listen to this drivel for over an hour ? Pheeeeeww!!

Until the black population decides they are Americans and begins to act as such this problem will never be solved. 164 blacks murdered by other blacks in St. Louis city and St. Louis county in 2014, so far. Nobody knows the count of non-blacks murdered by blacks because those statistics are NOT KEPT, or at least released.

It makes plenty of sense. Your inability to understand it was anticipated and why it was not directed at you. Roadrunner understood it and disagreed with it.
What Roadrunner gets, is that you make things up. BINGO!!!!
You also come up with pathetically bad responses to challenges. Like when you tried to come up with White people rioting, you chose a 1920 minor scirmage. You want a White people riot that is bad ? Try the New York Draft Riots of 1863. Where 119 people (almost all of them Blacks) were killed, their bodies hanging from lampposts all over the city - hundreds more tar & feathered, and dumped into the Hudson River. That's what should have been your answer. Hey, who am I ? Your consultant ?

Last edited:

Oh I dont know

o-ferg-570.jpg

Looks like there is 30 pictures there, and I'm willing to bet any amount of money that you would like that at MINIMUM 25 of those people were not murdered.

I'm betting they all deserved it :rolleyes:

My mistake, I thought you were a serious person.
Well everyone here knows what a stupid c*** you are.
You're a fucking joke on this forum.

LOL and you are????????????????

I beg to differ.

HA HA.. You really think anybody is going to watch/listen to this drivel for over an hour ? Pheeeeeww!!

So far 103K have watched/listened to it. Your refusal to educate your self is noteworthy. Like I said before people that are willfully ignorant do not have my respect as serious interlocutors.

Dont get emotional. You first said I didnt make sense. Now you claim your inability to understand is because I am making things up?

I beg to differ.

So far 103K have watched/listened to it. Your refusal to educate your self is noteworthy. Like I said before people that are willfully ignorant do not have my respect as serious interlocutors.

When I said "anybody", I was taking about objective viewers, not your subjective, biased, ultra-liberal, anti-White, racist cop-haters. And YOUR respect ?

Dont get emotional. You first said I didnt make sense. Now you claim your inability to understand is because I am making things up?
Now it's YOU who is not understanding. I never said any inability of me to understand your post(s) has anything to do with you making things up. I just said that you do that. And this is another example, right here now.

The problem isn't the police. It's the idiots that break the law. Garner nor Brown would be dead today had they simply obeyed the law. Seems some blacks are too stupid to acknowledge where the real fault lies.

The crimes they had been convicted of and executed for?

Being black.

No one was executed. How do you explain the whites that are killed each year by police?

In 2012, 123 blacks were killed by cops, 326 whites were killed by cops that same year.

When I said "anybody", I was taking about objective viewers, not your subjective, biased, ultra-liberal, anti-White, racist cop-haters. And YOUR respect ?

Unfortunately you dont get to pick who counts and who doesnt. Just admit your willful ignorance. Its ok. i expect nothing less.

The problem isn't the police. It's the idiots that break the law. Garner nor Brown would be dead today had they simply obeyed the law. Seems some blacks are too stupid to acknowledge where the real fault lies.

Being black.

No one was executed. How do you explain the whites that are killed each year by police?

In 2012, 123 blacks were killed by cops, 326 whites were killed by cops that same year.
What was the breakdown? How many Black cops shot unarmed white people and how many white cops shot unarmed Black people?

Being black.

What was the breakdown? How many Black cops shot unarmed white people and how many white cops shot unarmed Black people?

Cops are all the same color....blue.

Forum List

Back