Corker's Comments Will Lead to Over-Ruling WV Workers Vote Again Unionizing!

Corker's comments were unfortunate and will have consequences.

No they won't because it doesn't matter. What ever they may or may not have told him prior to the vote had no effect whatsoever on its outcome.
The only way to know that is to have the vote again after VW makes a commitment one way or the other on the expansion. VW wanted the union, the anti-union claimed that was one reason the deck was stacked against them as they gloated in victory, so it is hard to believe VW would only expand if the union lost, but it is quite believable that Corker is a liar.

Labor unions often harm the well-being of the worst-off by making entry into low-wage work more difficult, raising the bottom rung of the wage ladder above the marginal productivity of outsiders.

This provides the unions institutionally with a kind of control over access to labor market rents, which contributes to hierarchical power relations within unions that can be highly problematic.

Unions have often contributed to making their firms or their industries uncompetitive; they lack a built-in check that would keep them from killing the goose. This may be an even worse problem when they are faced with temporarily oligopolistic or monopolistic firms– the big traditional airlines, the Big Three automakers, traditional AT&T— which are themselves prone to become vulnerable overcommitted dinosaurs over time, and which are happy enough to lock in medium-term labor peace with contracts that put the firm one transformative competitor away from disaster.

Public sector unions have, under some conditions, a considerable ability to capture both sides of the bargaining table and seriously weaken public sector budget restraint.

Unions bureaucratize work relations in ways that can be both unpleasant and counterproductive for all concerned.

Labor unions form the organizational core of political parties and movements that seek to do more than bargain in the workplace.

Unions– their leadership, their membership, their supporters– are capable of significant bullying that easily spills into immoral coercion against outsiders, nonmembers, and dissenters

If the unions get voted down, they need to get over it. If they want to become competitive they should become more palatable instead of strong arming and bullying.

Right.

First, they need to be perfectly okay with their members getting shit wages so the 1%ers can have more than the 43% of the wealth they already own!

Then they need to stop being such little bitches about worker safety.

And, hey, why they are at it, they need to stop insisting that they don't dump carcinogens into the water.

U.S. senator drops bombshell during VW plant union vote | Reuters

Everyone has heard the news that 87% of the workers at the TN VW plant voted against unionizing. That is 6 in 7 voting against it. This is good news, because Unionizing threatens the plant and getting a new SUV to produce. In fact, if they voted to Unionize their jobs would eventually be shipped to Mexico.

But I digress. On the eve of the election, Senator Corker comes out and states "I've had conversations today and based on those am assured that should the workers vote against the UAW, Volkswagen will announce in the coming weeks that it will manufacture its new mid-size SUV here in Chattanooga."

This is illegal tampering with a Union election. We should be celebrating the election results, instead we will see the election be set aside and the Union thugs coming in and doubling down and STEAL the election.

Here is what I see going down:
(1) A lawsuit leads to the election getting set aside.
(2) The Union thugs come in and use their bully tactics (meaning they state if unionization doesn't happen they will use their clout to force a plant shut down, offer pies in the sky etc.)
(3) Unionization passes by a narrow margin.
(4) VW moves the SUV they were planning to build in TN to Mexico and there are lay offs.
(5) As the Union makes demands and uses strong arm tactics, within 5 years the plant closes the operations are moved to Mexico.

Good job Corker! Instead of the plant expanding it will be shut down in 5 years with the jobs being outsourced to Mexico.

Sometimes you just need to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Volkswagen immediately and vigorously denied having any such conversation with, or making any such conditional assurances to Corker.

In short, he lied outright.

If the unions get voted down, they need to get over it. If they want to become competitive they should become more palatable instead of strong arming and bullying.

Right.

First, they need to be perfectly okay with their members getting shit wages so the 1%ers can have more than the 43% of the wealth they already own!

And, hey, why they are at it, they need to stop insisting that they don't dump carcinogens into the water.

So $27 an hour to START in wages and benefits is low to you? In an area where a NICE home might cost $100k?

What lying scumbags all dimocraps are. All of you.

It's why I despise, hate and detest you with every fiber of my being.

I believe in Unions. I just don't believe in stupid Unions.

And the UAW is one of the most stupid in world history.

Unions in other Countries actually act for the good of the employer most of the time. They're intelligent to realize that, if the Company goes under, so do their jobs.

The UAW? American Unions in general? Couldn't care less.

They operate for the benefit of the Union Elites and simply aren't interested in the every day, common worker. At all.

There is only ONE Volkswagen plant in the US. One (1)

There used to be another in PA somewhere. Unionized. It went belly-up.

One Plant in the US. One. (1)

The number two (#2) manufacturer of automobiles on the Planet Earth, behind only Toyota, and we have one (1) Plant in this Country.

Rank 2 : Top 10 Automobile Companies in the World 2013 | MBA Skool-Study.Learn.Share.

And you scumbags want to run them off with your stupid fucking Unions.

Germans are notorious for not understanding the American Labor Force. They are accustomed to working with VERY Company-Friendly Unions in every other Country they operate in. Especially Germany.

They are not accustomed to an adversarial work force like dimocrap scum occupied American Unions bring. It makes no sense to them. Or me. Or anyone else with a brain.

You douchebags on the left should read into why Mercedes (Daimler), who is also bigger than either Ford or Generic Motors, ran SCREAMING from Chrysler.

But you won't. The primary prerequisite for being a dimocrap scumbag is to be stupid.

And you are. All of you.

Why ruin it by educating yourselves?

Right.

VW workers average $27/hour, that beats the fuck out of either living in Detroit or being an unemployed Hostess Unionized driver

Everyone has heard the news that 87% of the workers at the TN VW plant voted against unionizing. That is 6 in 7 voting against it. This is good news, because Unionizing threatens the plant and getting a new SUV to produce. In fact, if they voted to Unionize their jobs would eventually be shipped to Mexico.

But I digress. On the eve of the election, Senator Corker comes out and states "I've had conversations today and based on those am assured that should the workers vote against the UAW, Volkswagen will announce in the coming weeks that it will manufacture its new mid-size SUV here in Chattanooga."

This is illegal tampering with a Union election. We should be celebrating the election results, instead we will see the election be set aside and the Union thugs coming in and doubling down and STEAL the election.

(2) The Union thugs come in and use their bully tactics (meaning they state if unionization doesn't happen they will use their clout to force a plant shut down, offer pies in the sky etc.)
(4) VW moves the SUV they were planning to build in TN to Mexico and there are lay offs.
(5) As the Union makes demands and uses strong arm tactics, within 5 years the plant closes the operations are moved to Mexico.

Good job Corker! Instead of the plant expanding it will be shut down in 5 years with the jobs being outsourced to Mexico.

Volkswagen immediately and vigorously denied having any such conversation with, or making any such conditional assurances to Corker.

So?

"If you like your plan, you can keep it. Period"

Or the guy he spoke with at VW did. But at least you're consistent. Does Obama's lies bother you at all? Just curious.

The alternative is that NYCarb lied.

But, he's a dimocrap. That's what dimocraps do... They lie.

Every dimocrap on this Board is a lying sack of shit.

Every.One.

Here's where he gets his lies.....

VW calls out Sen Corker lie: Union vote has nothing to do with adding vehicle line - Democratic Underground

Most of the dimocrap scum on this Board, the USMB, lean heavily on places like dummieunderground and DailyKooks, the CPUSA Message Board and other assorted lie-making machines for the dimocrap party.

What they do is read it there and bring it here shortly afterwards.

It's why they seldom provide links for their idiotic statements.

They hurt USMB by this practice

I've worked on Union Jobs where the attitude was that the Company was their enemy. Theft of Company tools and equipment was rampant, sabotage was the norm. I've been 'read the riot act' by shop stewards for trying to make them look bad by doing too much.

And, I've worked on other Union jobs where the opposite was true, where the Union expected me to give an honest day's work for an honest day's pay, where the Company was considered our "golden goose", our source of livelyhood, not to be destroyed but protected and grown so we coulded grow with it.

The Labor Laws and the NLRB have become tools of a tyrannical Government every time the Democrats get in Power.

Right.

Which, if that were true, they wouldn't be taking the jobs.

Because there is no such thing as OSHA.

Because there is no such thing as the EPA and when did unions become environmentalists anyway?

The bullshit just flows from your mouth with such ease.

If the election is set aside, there will have to be a new election.

If the election is set aside, there will have to be a new election.
Or they could do like the Democrats did here with the gubernatorial election and have recounts until the numbers come up right (by adding in illegal votes). It only took three times and was well worth the effort.

The actual article in Reuters says,

As Volkswagen workers vote, Tennessee senator ramps up anti-union talk | Reuters

Corker's latest remarks contradicted an earlier statement by Frank Fischer, chief executive of VW Chattanooga, that there was "no connection" between the vote at its three-year-old Tennessee plant and a looming decision on whether VW will build a new crossover vehicle there.

How can someone call someone else out before the 2nd someone even makes the statement?

Get it? The VW chief says 'there is no connection' and Corker comes out LATER and says there is.

Then, dimocrap scum, take it out of context and present the story as if Corker made his statement first and got called out on it by the VW Chief LATER.

Which is inaccurate.

No.

It's a lie.

It's what dimocrap scum do. They lie.

They lie, they cheat, they steal, they corrupt, they suck.

Any time a dimocrap types or says ANYTHING, you can count on it being a lie.

It usually is.

Get this....

Now the scum of the fucking earth (dimocraps) are blaming racism :eek: for the VW defeat

Even if I were stupid enough (I'd have to have 3/4 of my brain removed) to be a dimocrap, I'd be embarrassed by shit like this...

UNREAL: Libs Blame Failed UAW Union Vote In Tennessee On Racism…

As absolutely pathetic as this is, we all knew it was coming.

Via Fox Nation:

SHAMEFUL: The Left Blames Failed UAW Union Vote on Racism - Fox Nation

A comment about race and unions on MSNBC touched off a heated debate this morning between The Five co-hosts Bob Beckel and Andrea Tantaros.

Timothy Noah, a contributing writer for MSNBC, raised eyebrows yesterday by suggesting that race was a factor in a recent vote by Tennessee auto workers against unionization.

The Volkswagen plant employees in Chattanooga voted 712 to 626 against joining the United Auto Workers Union.

“The opposition, I gather, portrayed this as a kind of Northern invasion, a re-fighting of the Civil War. Apparently there are not a lot of black employees in this particular plant, and so that kind of – waving the Confederate flag – was an effective strategy,” said Noah.

Tantaros called it a “really tired, desperate argument” when the issue is really about workers not wanting to lose wages to a union.

Beckel pushed back, saying he knows the area very well and believes a “cultural undercurrent” played a role in the union vote failing.

Does the OP think for a minute that Americans are supposed to compete with Mexican wages?

Because they get paid shit...Companies know this....Thats why they go there. Profit...greed

Forum List

Back