Corker's Comments Will Lead to Over-Ruling WV Workers Vote Again Unionizing!

$27 an hour is a fair and decent starting wage. One can reach the middle class that way in a couple of years. Buying a house on that wage? I would never dream of I t. No way. Hard to pay for a house that way.

People pay into their pensions. Pensions are a good thing. Do you not want people to retire? Remember dying on the job is the most embarrassing way to die. Plus some other younger person probably needs that job to just barely get by.

Social security is one of the most successful things this country has EVER established. Most all the retired people I know could not have retired without it. Again working until you die is an awful disgusting horrendous thing.

$27 an hour is a fair and decent starting wage. One can reach the middle class that way in a couple of years. Buying a house on that wage? I would never dream of I t. No way. Hard to pay for a house that way.

U can not be serious or have no clue about finance and buying a house.
$27 a hour after taxes with deductions is $20 a hour
$800 a week = 40K a year.
With a FICO score of 680 or more that Qualifies you NOW to be able to buy a $175,000 house with $3K down for first time homebuyers FHA.

Same scenario with all other buyers but with 20% down.

Social security is one of the most successful things this country has EVER established. Most all the retired people I know could not have retired without it. Again working until you die is an awful disgusting horrendous thing.

Social security was never intended to be a retirement program and it is a shame most Americans are not disciplined enough in their working years and have to count on it.
SS was designed to be insurance IN CASE you lived past the average life span.
Average life span when social security started?
Age 62 so guess why they set the minimum age at age 62 for when you could first draw SS.
Social security is a TAX on working folks to fund a SUPPLEMENTAL amount of money in case one lived past the average life span.
Nothing more but when politicians realized they could buy a large voting class of citizens, seniors, they REFUSE to raise the minimum age to correspond to the average life span of a senior.
Needs to be immediately to be raised to 66 or higher.

For an unskilled worker with no experience?
Surely you jest.
Tell ya what..Go buy a business. Start your workers at that rate.
You'll be out of business in a month.

People pay into their pensions. Pensions are a good thing. Do you not want people to retire? Remember dying on the job is the most embarrassing way to die. Plus some other younger person probably needs that job to just barely get by.
Wrong.
Public employees pensions are funded by taxpayers. At a minimum 90% clip.
Consumers fund private sector pensions because the company portion, usually 80% or more is passed on as part of the price of goods or services.
GM for example has over one million pensioners on it's books.
The fact is workers contribute very small percentages of their pensions.

With a FICO score of 680 or more that Qualifies you NOW to be able to buy a $175,000 house with $3K down for first time homebuyers FHA.

Pretty tough to find a house that isn't a major fixer-upper in New Jersey at that price! In fact it would be tough to just buy the land at that price here.

Pretty tough to find a house that isn't a major fixer-upper in New Jersey at that price! In fact it would be tough to just buy the land at that price here.

I was in Pennsville, NJ last March and saw many homes in that range. Land was selling for $35K a lot. The area was hard hit with recession. You must be talking about north near NY.

I was in Pennsville, NJ last March and saw many homes in that range. Land was selling for $35K a lot. The area was hard hit with recession. You must be talking about north near NY.
The shore.

What's your point?
Here's a dose of reality. Not everyone is cut out for home ownership.
And most importantly, there is no "UNFAIR" just because a person is not financially able to purchase a home.
Oh, and if the homes in NJ are too pricey?...Move somewhere else where one can afford a home.

Southwest NJ is perhaps the poorest area of the state. Land values are much lower compared to the rest of the state. There is not a lot of industry. Commutes to Philadelphia are journeys.
Salem County's per capita income is just 79% of the state average.

Forum List

Back