Corker's Comments Will Lead to Over-Ruling WV Workers Vote Again Unionizing!

Sounds a lot like the way we treated Egypt. We will respect the election results as long as it goes the way we want.

What if Corker's words are correct? Should he have kept that information away from those voting? What is it with liberals that they think they have to do all the thinking for people. Why do they think those voting are too stupid to realize what MIGHT happen to their plant?

Does anyone really believe it took to inform the workers? That Coker's words were the ONLY time that issue was raised? Everyone must know that they have the possibility of voting their job out of existence. I think that those voting did know regardless of what Corker said. I also don't believe them to be as stupid as their leadership seems to think.

Last edited:
Unions are for folks too ignorant to individually negotiate their skill level. A union worker settles for the medium of what the skill level is of the mob.
If one does not like their wage one can walk.

Yeah, because, hey, there's nothing like a negotiation based on a complete inequality of power.

That's what really bothers plutocrats and their inbred supporters. An actual fair fight.

We can potentially hurt you as much as you can hurt us.

Of course, the real problem here wasn't that management was against a union. VW actually WANTED a union, because being from a vastly more advanced society, they see the benefits of workers councils.

The problem is with the Southern Mindset (no doubt the results of centuries of racism and inbreeding) that accepts a class system as perfectly normal. You might be dirt poor white trash, but at least you are a step above them coloreds!

What? Some Yankee be coming down here telling us that we'd have a stronger position if we collectively negotiated working conditions?

"plutocrats and their inbred supporters"
LOL, now that is funnny Joe, will have to steal that one from you.
But Joe, how about a wager?
I bet you whatever amount you want that there are more inbred union workers, BY FAR, than "plutocrats".
And Joe, why would an inbred support a plutocrat over being in a union?

Unions are for folks too ignorant to individually negotiate their skill level. A union worker settles for the medium of what the skill level is of the mob.
If one does not like their wage one can walk.

Yeah, because, hey, there's nothing like a negotiation based on a complete inequality of power.

That's what really bothers plutocrats and their inbred supporters. An actual fair fight.

We can potentially hurt you as much as you can hurt us.

Of course, the real problem here wasn't that management was against a union. VW actually WANTED a union, because being from a vastly more advanced society, they see the benefits of workers councils.

The problem is with the Southern Mindset (no doubt the results of centuries of racism and inbreeding) that accepts a class system as perfectly normal. You might be dirt poor white trash, but at least you are a step above them coloreds!

What? Some Yankee be coming down here telling us that we'd have a stronger position if we collectively negotiated working conditions?
That's right fool. Germany is a "vastly more advanced society"...............unless you happen not to be 'Pure Laine' White. German car manufacturing assembly lines are 100% White! You want to see 'racism'? Check out any car manufacturing assembly line lunch room. The 'colored' workers are not even allowed to enter the lunch rooms until every White worker has left. So don't give me any of your moronic claims.
The 'colored' do whatever jobs the 'Pure Laine' workers refuse to. Like cleaning the floors and toilets.
You are so stupid you don't know the difference between a "workers council" and a union.
After the union reps leave the 'workers council' meeting they are union members in name only.
I have been a delegate for a 'workers council' and in union negotiations. HUGE difference in the way reps from 'workers councils' are treated. They are treated as soon as they walk in the door like they are upper middle management. With all the perks and deference you can imagine. It made zero difference to VW whether the place became unionized or not. A 'workers council' within a union or out means VW has committed allies going forward.

No, no, no. Joe knows everything about every job on the planet.
He regularly tells me what I do daily in my work and details each and every element of what type of work I have done.
The confusing part is what he claims I do I haven't done in over 20 years in my work.
Same as every union supporter, they live in the past.

As I posted elsewhere, when dictators seek power, they use whatever tools they have to overturn the will of the people.

:evil:

[

I bet you whatever amount you want that there are more inbred union workers, BY FAR, than "plutocrats".

you missed my point- again.

Which is not surprising.

What keep the plutocrats with their ability to fuck is the dumb, inbred Red State Republican who lives in constant fear that he might have to share a lunch counter with a colored person or that his son might come out as Gay... So they keep voting for these guys who are right with Jesus and wondering why they keep getting screwed.

I blame the inbreeding.

[

Which is not surprising.

What keep the plutocrats with their ability to fuck is the dumb, inbred Red State Republican who lives in constant fear that he might have to share a lunch counter with a colored person or that his son might come out as Gay... So they keep voting for these guys who are right with Jesus and wondering why they keep getting screwed.

I blame the inbreeding.

How many years have you lived in the south Joe?
59 here and what you describe happened 50 years ago.
You watch too much TV Joe.

Even boxing plays clean.

You think Unions play clean then your a dumber fuck then I thought you were.

In reality there was nothing unfair about what Corker did! It's the truth. The new car line will be produced there if they didn't unionize. If they do unionize it goes to Mexico. That is a nugget of information that the voters should be made aware prior to the vote anyways!
That is quite doubtful! In the other threads on this same thing, the Right were saying that VW wanted the union there so their winning or losing probably will have no effect on expanding the production line.

What will the Right say if VW sends the production to Mexico anyway? They will probably blame the union for that too! :cuckoo:

D e t r o I t.

U.S. senator drops bombshell during VW plant union vote | Reuters

Everyone has heard the news that 87% of the workers at the TN VW plant voted against unionizing. That is 6 in 7 voting against it. This is good news, because Unionizing threatens the plant and getting a new SUV to produce. In fact, if they voted to Unionize their jobs would eventually be shipped to Mexico.

But I digress. On the eve of the election, Senator Corker comes out and states "I've had conversations today and based on those am assured that should the workers vote against the UAW, Volkswagen will announce in the coming weeks that it will manufacture its new mid-size SUV here in Chattanooga."

This is illegal tampering with a Union election. We should be celebrating the election results, instead we will see the election be set aside and the Union thugs coming in and doubling down and STEAL the election.

Here is what I see going down:
(1) A lawsuit leads to the election getting set aside.
(2) The Union thugs come in and use their bully tactics (meaning they state if unionization doesn't happen they will use their clout to force a plant shut down, offer pies in the sky etc.)
(3) Unionization passes by a narrow margin.
(4) VW moves the SUV they were planning to build in TN to Mexico and there are lay offs.
(5) As the Union makes demands and uses strong arm tactics, within 5 years the plant closes the operations are moved to Mexico.

Good job Corker! Instead of the plant expanding it will be shut down in 5 years with the jobs being outsourced to Mexico.

Sometimes you just need to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Corker did nothing wrong.
The UAW made an assumption. That the vote was already predetermined a victory for their side.
The fact that politicians had a say in the matter is immaterial.
In reading responses to the results, the general consensus among the workers is that the union had no chance of winning.
Now, if anyone read this story correctly, this vote was largely symbolic. All VW plants have 'worker's councils'....According to US labor law, in order for workers to join a worker's council, they must first be members of a labor union.
VW did not object in fact encouraged the UAW because the company wanted to bring the Chattanooga plant into line.

Even boxing plays clean.

In reality there was nothing unfair about what Corker did! It's the truth. The new car line will be produced there if they didn't unionize. If they do unionize it goes to Mexico. That is a nugget of information that the voters should be made aware prior to the vote anyways!
That is quite doubtful! In the other threads on this same thing, the Right were saying that VW wanted the union there so their winning or losing probably will have no effect on expanding the production line.

What will the Right say if VW sends the production to Mexico anyway? They will probably blame the union for that too! :cuckoo:
VW said VW wanted the union.
UAW seeks VW's blessing to represent Tennessee workers | Reuters
VW labor reps to seek works council at U.S. plant - MarketWatch

D e t r o I t.
Went bankrupt after electing a GOP governor!:razz:

D e t r o I t.
Hey genius. Detroit has been circling the bowl for 40 years.
And....The governor's party affiliation has no influence in City matters.
Detroit city government has been corrupt and wasteful for decades.

[

Which is not surprising.

I blame the inbreeding.

How many years have you lived in the south Joe?
59 here and what you describe happened 50 years ago.
You watch too much TV Joe.

You are the same stupid, ignorant assholes you were 50 years ago. And sadly, you drag the rest of the country down.

D e t r o I t.

Are you stupid or something? ..Please tell me you're not that stupid? Detroit was bankrupt long before any new governor, and just so you know MI had a 1.5 billion dollar budget deficit under the filure that was Jennifer Granholm. Since Snyder came in, we now have a 1 billion dollar surplus:cool:

D e t r o I t.

Are you stupid or something? ..Please tell me you're not that stupid? Detroit was bankrupt long before any new governor, and just so you know MI had a 1.5 billion dollar budget deficit under the filure that was Jennifer Granholm. Since Snyder came in, we now have a 1 billion dollar surplus:cool:
It's easy to have a surplus when you stop paying your bills. :cuckoo:

Yeah what bills might that be? Republican are running this state and we have a surplus:cool:

Yeah what bills might that be? Republican are running this state and we have a surplus:cool:
Bonds and pensions.

Forum List

Back