Corned beef

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
love it

had a corned beef sandwich today and it was awesome. imo, the best corned beef comes from jewish delis or restaurants. never had better corned beef.

anyone else had better?

17th St. BBQ in southern Illinois (3 locations) actually smokes their corned beef. I'd say it is the best I've ever had.
Thing is, the dumb bastards use marbled rye to make their Reuben's.
Jewish seeded Rye is the only way to go. :thup:

Jewish seeded rye, with mustard and swiss, is my fav. With a kosher pickle on the side

Jewish seeded rye, corned beef and liberally applied keens hot mustard with swiss. A pickle on the side.

I often go to Kaplan's Deli in Vancouver. They make great potato pancakes as well and that's a childhood favorite of mine but dad (mhrip) usually burned them.

Kaplan's Deli doesn't. :)

zBhqGxmyaba7Z5-640m.jpg

The owners are very old and their children have grown up and moved on so they now have an Asian and Indian working there.

The owners call them Sarah and David. :razz:

I lol at that every time I see it.

its the bomb, and its still there...you give the guy some loose change while hes making your sandwich and he hands you a slice to munch on....

and people- corned beef or pastrami is eaten one way- with brown mustard, no effing lettuce, tomatoes etc etc ...putting mayo on that will get you an asswhoopinin' in any respectable jew deli....

0822-order.jpg

Forum List

Back