Coronavirus Lock Down to Avoid Profiling?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
For some reason, the CDC's overreaction to the Coronavirus reminds me of the of the TSA's overreaction to 9/11 attacks. In order to avoid the unpardonable sin of "profiling," the TSA was ordered to screen all airline travelers the same. As a result, elderly grandmothers and children were required to wait in long lines so that Middle Eastern young men wouldn't feel discriminated against.

In the same way, the CDC is instructing all Americans to engage in self quarantine, even though only a small minority are actually at risk for serious illness or death. Is this just another effort to avoid profiling those who actually need to be quarantined?

Just as TSA-PRE clearances are now issued to low-risk airline passengers, it is likely that people who are at low risk of the Coronavirus will be allowed to return to work. Then the question will be: Was the lock down worth it?

In the same way, the CDC is instructing all Americans to engage in self quarantine, even though only a small minority are actually at risk for serious illness or death. Is this just another effort to avoid profiling those who actually need to be quarantined?

Which people are those?

For some reason, the CDC's overreaction to the Coronavirus reminds me of the of the TSA's overreaction to 9/11 attacks. In order to avoid the unpardonable sin of "profiling," the TSA was ordered to screen all airline travelers the same. As a result, elderly grandmothers and children were required to wait in long lines so that Middle Eastern young men wouldn't feel discriminated against.

Just as TSA-PRE clearances are now issued to low-risk airline passengers, it is likely that people who are at low risk of the Coronavirus will be allowed to return to work. Then the question will be: Was the lock down worth it?
The lockdown is because between 1/4th and 1/2 of infected people have no symptoms, but could spread it to others.
I could have it possibly, i have no idea because testing is unavailable.

The lockdown is because between 1/4th and 1/2 of infected people have no symptoms, but could spread it to others.

EXACTLY!! If we had testing, then we could identify who needs to stay home and who is able to go out and start working again.

Only trouble is........................we don't currently have enough tests. Remember when Trump recently said that everyone who wants tested can now be tested? Sorry, but that is a lie.

Interesting that Trump shut down his press conference today as soon as he was asked about testing. He knows he's screwed the pooch on his response.

EXACTLY!! If we had testing, then we could identify who needs to stay home and who is able to go out and start working again.

Only trouble is........................we don't currently have enough tests. Remember when Trump recently said that everyone who wants tested can now be tested? Sorry, but that is a lie.

Interesting that Trump shut down his press conference today as soon as he was asked about testing. He knows he's screwed the pooch on his response.
Tell us when there has ever been massive testing of hundreds of millions for anything?

Which people are those?

Older people with serious health conditions. The risk to other people is quite small.

..no need for a lockdown of most companies .....either the companies put in checks/policies/etc against the EVIL VIRUS, or their company will either lose mucho $$$/go out of business

Which people are those?

Older people with serious health conditions. The risk to other people is quite small.

I know two people who lost loved ones yesterday, and neither of those people had underlying conditions. They were ages 44 and 54.

I approach this from the perspective that everyone's potentially at risk...

I agree with the premise.

It's the only acceptable way and remain legal.

When body-piercings first became vogue, we didn't like it as a company. We really couldn't be selective in the body
area not allowed or the gender of the peron wearing them. We just banned all body-piercings under the guise of
"Condition of Employment." It got challeneged a few times and we won every case.

I know two people who lost loved ones yesterday, and neither of those people had underlying conditions. They were ages 44 and 54.

I know of two people who recently lost their son to a traffic accident. He was 17. That is a greater danger to younger healthy people than Covid-19. Should we make everyone stop driving?

I know of two people who recently lost their son to a traffic accident. He was 17.

The obvious difference is that age group represents the highest number of automobile fatalities. While tragic and sad, it's not unusual.

People in the 44-54 age group, who are otherwise healthy, haven't exactly been dropping like flies from Covid-19...

The obvious difference is that age group represents the highest number of automobile fatalities.

The obvious similarity is that older people with serious health conditions represent the highest number of Covid-19 fatalities.

As a person soon to be 60 years old, with two major medical conditions associated with death when combined with Covid, I would not be offended if only people like me were ordered to stay home or wear a mask. You don't see people like me protesting outside "wherever" about lifting the lockdown. It's younger and middle-aged people who if infected, would be ill for a few weeks and carry on with their merry lives.

I don't care what the President or my Governor does, until this problem is solved, my ass is staying home as much as possible. I will always wear a mask when I have to go out shopping or whatever. I will not attend any parties outside of my immediate family, nor will I attend any weddings or funerals if they happen to come up.

I know of two people who recently lost their son to a traffic accident. He was 17. That is a greater danger to younger healthy people than Covid-19. Should we make everyone stop driving?

Driving is a necessity. It's how we get around. Going to a baseball game or bar is not a necessity.

Which people are those?

I approach this from the perspective that everyone's potentially at risk...
People of all ages die every day from all kinds of causes. That you know two people who died for no reason is unusual. Sorry for your loss.

Trump is intelligent enough to know when the lying MSM is trying to set him or Fauci up. He's not playing that game with these morons.

We did have test kits, but the FDA only approved the ones developed by the CDC. When they started to use them, they found out they were defective. Thank you bureaucracies. Then they had to figure out how to get reliable ones, have the FDA approve those, and then get our hands on them.

I know of two people who recently lost their son to a traffic accident. He was 17.

The obvious difference is that age group represents the highest number of automobile fatalities. While tragic and sad, it's not unusual.

People in the 44-54 age group, who are otherwise healthy, haven't exactly been dropping like flies from Covid-19...

There are always outliers, exception but not the rule. The virus affects older people, people with high blood pressure, obesity, smokers, people with asthma, copd, respiratory disorders, diabetes, compromised immune systems, people with cancer.

Forum List

Back