Corporate welfare in action ....

Where a business goes should be based on consumers, not where the government chooses they go.

The government isn't choosing. The businesses go where they've determined the customers are.

They are going where the government gives them the best deal. Clearly you have no grasp on this subject.

The business is still making the choice. Clearly you have no grasp of what it means to run a business.

A choice dictated by the government.

Changing your story each time. It's OK, you don't have to prove to me any longer you have no idea about how things work. I know you don't.

Walmart had many small business competitors in every city...

It is amazing how little "conservatives" care about the tax payer. When a corporation gets these deals they stil receive services. Services are not free so the tax payer covers the bill.

They pay for those services. That means they aren't getting them for free.

So they don't pay taxes but are paying for services? You are an idiot.

Who says they don't pay taxes? You assume the incentives mean they pay nothing.

The incentives mean none or almost none. That means the tax payer covers the bill.

That's what you say.

It is simple math.

Where a business goes should be based on consumers, not where the government chooses they go.

The government isn't choosing. The businesses go where they've determined the customers are.

They are going where the government gives them the best deal. Clearly you have no grasp on this subject.

The business is still making the choice. Clearly you have no grasp of what it means to run a business.

Changing your story each time. It's OK, you don't have to prove to me any longer you have no idea about how things work. I know you don't.

A choice dictated by government.

They pay for those services. That means they aren't getting them for free.

The incentives mean none or almost none. That means the tax payer covers the bill.

That's what you say.

It is simple math.

When you make inaccurate statements, it makes your math wrong.

Not when the business makes the decision of where to go.

That's what you say.

It is simple math.

It is simple math.

If the decision is based on the customer, tax abatements are a complete waste of tax dollars.

That's what you say.

It is simple math.

It is simple math.

Problem is your math is saying 2 + 2 = 5.

If the decision is based on the customer, tax abatements are a complete waste of tax dollars.

It's not dictated by the government. Businesses don't go where customers don't exist. If you knew anything about business, you'd understand that.

That's what you say.

It is simple math.

It is simple math.

Problem is your math is saying 2 + 2 = 5.

Nope, it is simple math.

Company is supposed to pay 4%, but only pays 1%. That is 3% covered by the tax payer. Simple math.

It's not dictated by the government. Businesses don't go where customers don't exist. If you knew anything about business, you'd understand that.
Then abatements are a complete waste of tax dollars. Thank you.

Then abatements are a complete waste of tax dollars. Thank you.

Again, you claim things for which you don't understand.

pay more per hour, someone will pick them. Better yet don't pay per hour pay per bushel but enough so the ones who are willing to break their backs can afford their back doctors.

pay more per hour, someone will pick them.

Boot enough illegals, they'll have to start paying more.

Automation...
see we don't need more immigration then.
It is not about "neeeding" immigration.
America was created on immigration, it is who we are. It is why I am here and most likely it is why you are here. Being anti immigration is being anti American.

America was created on immigration, it is who we are.

So we can't control our borders or decide who to admit?

Is that your position?
My position is we need a path to citizenship and we need to not create an environment where immigrants are discriminated against and made to feel unwelcome.

Isn't it ironic that what closed the mall is taking it's place?

Is the village ready for double or triple the truck traffic which will increase maintenance?

How long before the citizens of the village realize they need that 75% discount on property taxes?

Amazon is a Delaware corporation, so the village doesn't share in tax revenue.

What closed the mall was crime and more malls that were built since the time it opened. It had very little to do with online shopping.

Where do you get this double or triple truck traffic from anyway? Randall Mall sat between two state routes: Route 8 and route 43. Both were widened before Randall Park Mall opened back in the 70s to accommodate more traffic. Because they are state routes, the state kicks in money for maintenance and repair.

You say crime closed the mall and more malls were built in the area? Whats wrong with that statement?

Bad management closed the mall.

Amazon is building an 855,000sq/ft distribution center. Easily 100+ trucks every day on roads built in the late 90's.

The State 'shares' costs.

btw, how much did Amazon pay for the property?

Do you know what 100 additional trucks on roads already heavily used by trucks means? Absolutely nothing. The Industrial complex up the road from the mall probably gets more than that; I should know, I deliver to that area all the time.

Yes, bad management did not help, but it was more the environment that they created. They used to allow people to hang outside by the doors......especially by the cinemas. If a white person walked to those doors, they were made fun of and at times spit upon. Dead bodies were found in the parking lots. Cars were either broken into or stolen all the time. A friend of my sister told me her brother was attacked by blacks in the restroom. He got the best of them because he was a high school wrestling champ, but still ended up wounded.

When better and safer malls were built, people flocked to those instead. Randall Park Mall became the ghetto of malls, and nothing could be done about it.

Another 100+ trucks per day means absolutely nothing on a road that was engineered in the 70's? Please.....

Bad management was the cause of everything you wrote.

Correct, another 100 trucks doesn't mean anything on roads that see thousands of trucks per day. Route 43 (miles road) which the mall sits on is all industry anyway. In fact, it's industry for several miles. That's besides the fact most trucks will be exiting on Route 8 from I-480 which is less than a half-mile from the site, so trucks going there won't be on the road very long anyway. Both Miles and Route 8 are five lane roads: two lanes going each way plus a center lane for making turns.

I wrote 100+ trucks from a company that is paying far less in property tax than other companies. This is a screwing to the other companies AND tax payers.

Ya think? Where would they work?
In our booming economy

When you raise the minimum to more than the work is worth, businesses cut hours and the number of employees, or leave the city/state altogether.
Why is that not happening in Seattle?

I understand that it is.

Seattle $15 Minimum Wage Forcing Some Restaurants Out Of Business
If you can't afford to pay your workers a living wage you shouldn't be in business. Period.

It's not 'can't afford.' Every existing business 'can afford,' but excessive greed is the problem.

In our booming economy

When you raise the minimum to more than the work is worth, businesses cut hours and the number of employees, or leave the city/state altogether.

I understand that it is.

If you can't afford to pay your workers a living wage you shouldn't be in business. Period.

Why are employees due a "living wage" regardless of the work they do? When did it become the responsibility of the business owner to defy Darwin?

Simply being alive does not entitle you to be taken care of by others by statute.

That's the responsibility of every employer.

Answer this; How much do you pay employees that make you all of your monies?

What closed the mall was crime and more malls that were built since the time it opened. It had very little to do with online shopping.

Where do you get this double or triple truck traffic from anyway? Randall Mall sat between two state routes: Route 8 and route 43. Both were widened before Randall Park Mall opened back in the 70s to accommodate more traffic. Because they are state routes, the state kicks in money for maintenance and repair.

You say crime closed the mall and more malls were built in the area? Whats wrong with that statement?

Amazon is building an 855,000sq/ft distribution center. Easily 100+ trucks every day on roads built in the late 90's.

Do you know what 100 additional trucks on roads already heavily used by trucks means? Absolutely nothing. The Industrial complex up the road from the mall probably gets more than that; I should know, I deliver to that area all the time.

Yes, bad management did not help, but it was more the environment that they created. They used to allow people to hang outside by the doors......especially by the cinemas. If a white person walked to those doors, they were made fun of and at times spit upon. Dead bodies were found in the parking lots. Cars were either broken into or stolen all the time. A friend of my sister told me her brother was attacked by blacks in the restroom. He got the best of them because he was a high school wrestling champ, but still ended up wounded.

When better and safer malls were built, people flocked to those instead. Randall Park Mall became the ghetto of malls, and nothing could be done about it.

Another 100+ trucks per day means absolutely nothing on a road that was engineered in the 70's? Please.....

Correct, another 100 trucks doesn't mean anything on roads that see thousands of trucks per day. Route 43 (miles road) which the mall sits on is all industry anyway. In fact, it's industry for several miles. That's besides the fact most trucks will be exiting on Route 8 from I-480 which is less than a half-mile from the site, so trucks going there won't be on the road very long anyway. Both Miles and Route 8 are five lane roads: two lanes going each way plus a center lane for making turns.

I wrote 100+ trucks from a company that is paying far less in property tax than other companies. This is a screwing to the other companies AND tax payers.
how you figure, they didn't get a break in gas tax or sales tax on the goods to move or any road fees. wow you really hate business. you got a chip or something about one of em?

I understand that it is.

Why are employees due a "living wage" regardless of the work they do? When did it become the responsibility of the business owner to defy Darwin?

Simply being alive does not entitle you to be taken care of by others by statute.

That's the responsibility of every employer.

Answer this; How much do you pay employees that make you all of your monies?
whatever the industry pays. it's simple. you either maintain a staff competitively or go belly up. So salaries have to be equivalent with the surrounding area businesses in the same market.

pay more per hour, someone will pick them.

Boot enough illegals, they'll have to start paying more.

Automation...
see we don't need more immigration then.
It is not about "neeeding" immigration.
America was created on immigration, it is who we are. It is why I am here and most likely it is why you are here. Being anti immigration is being anti American.

America was created on immigration, it is who we are.

So we can't control our borders or decide who to admit?

Is that your position?
My position is we need a path to citizenship and we need to not create an environment where immigrants are discriminated against and made to feel unwelcome.

My position is we need a path to citizenship

We have a path for citizenship. The first step on that path is NOT sneaking in illegally.

Trucks pay fuel taxes which are supposed to be used for road maintenance.
They also pay annual registration fees.

Forum List

Back