Corporate welfare in action ....

You say crime closed the mall and more malls were built in the area? Whats wrong with that statement?

Bad management closed the mall.

Amazon is building an 855,000sq/ft distribution center. Easily 100+ trucks every day on roads built in the late 90's.

The State 'shares' costs.

btw, how much did Amazon pay for the property?

Do you know what 100 additional trucks on roads already heavily used by trucks means? Absolutely nothing. The Industrial complex up the road from the mall probably gets more than that; I should know, I deliver to that area all the time.

Yes, bad management did not help, but it was more the environment that they created. They used to allow people to hang outside by the doors......especially by the cinemas. If a white person walked to those doors, they were made fun of and at times spit upon. Dead bodies were found in the parking lots. Cars were either broken into or stolen all the time. A friend of my sister told me her brother was attacked by blacks in the restroom. He got the best of them because he was a high school wrestling champ, but still ended up wounded.

When better and safer malls were built, people flocked to those instead. Randall Park Mall became the ghetto of malls, and nothing could be done about it.

Another 100+ trucks per day means absolutely nothing on a road that was engineered in the 70's? Please.....

Bad management was the cause of everything you wrote.

Correct, another 100 trucks doesn't mean anything on roads that see thousands of trucks per day. Route 43 (miles road) which the mall sits on is all industry anyway. In fact, it's industry for several miles. That's besides the fact most trucks will be exiting on Route 8 from I-480 which is less than a half-mile from the site, so trucks going there won't be on the road very long anyway. Both Miles and Route 8 are five lane roads: two lanes going each way plus a center lane for making turns.

I wrote 100+ trucks from a company that is paying far less in property tax than other companies. This is a screwing to the other companies AND tax payers.
how you figure, they didn't get a break in gas tax or sales tax on the goods to move or any road fees. wow you really hate business. you got a chip or something about one of em?

Amazon pays fuel and sales tax? How so? (online company)

If you can't afford to pay your workers a living wage you shouldn't be in business. Period.

Why are employees due a "living wage" regardless of the work they do? When did it become the responsibility of the business owner to defy Darwin?

Simply being alive does not entitle you to be taken care of by others by statute.

That's the responsibility of every employer.

Answer this; How much do you pay employees that make you all of your monies?
whatever the industry pays. it's simple. you either maintain a staff competitively or go belly up. So salaries have to be equivalent with the surrounding area businesses in the same market.

Why not paying more than the industry? I do, and make more than my competitors.

You say crime closed the mall and more malls were built in the area? Whats wrong with that statement?

Bad management closed the mall.

Amazon is building an 855,000sq/ft distribution center. Easily 100+ trucks every day on roads built in the late 90's.

The State 'shares' costs.

Do you know what 100 additional trucks on roads already heavily used by trucks means? Absolutely nothing. The Industrial complex up the road from the mall probably gets more than that; I should know, I deliver to that area all the time.

Yes, bad management did not help, but it was more the environment that they created. They used to allow people to hang outside by the doors......especially by the cinemas. If a white person walked to those doors, they were made fun of and at times spit upon. Dead bodies were found in the parking lots. Cars were either broken into or stolen all the time. A friend of my sister told me her brother was attacked by blacks in the restroom. He got the best of them because he was a high school wrestling champ, but still ended up wounded.

When better and safer malls were built, people flocked to those instead. Randall Park Mall became the ghetto of malls, and nothing could be done about it.

Another 100+ trucks per day means absolutely nothing on a road that was engineered in the 70's? Please.....

Correct, another 100 trucks doesn't mean anything on roads that see thousands of trucks per day. Route 43 (miles road) which the mall sits on is all industry anyway. In fact, it's industry for several miles. That's besides the fact most trucks will be exiting on Route 8 from I-480 which is less than a half-mile from the site, so trucks going there won't be on the road very long anyway. Both Miles and Route 8 are five lane roads: two lanes going each way plus a center lane for making turns.

I wrote 100+ trucks from a company that is paying far less in property tax than other companies. This is a screwing to the other companies AND tax payers.

Trucks pay fuel taxes which are supposed to be used for road maintenance.
They also pay annual registration fees.

Which is part of the monies needed to repair and improve infrastructure.

In our booming economy

When you raise the minimum to more than the work is worth, businesses cut hours and the number of employees, or leave the city/state altogether.
Why is that not happening in Seattle?

I understand that it is.

Seattle $15 Minimum Wage Forcing Some Restaurants Out Of Business
If you can't afford to pay your workers a living wage you shouldn't be in business. Period.

It's not 'can't afford.' Every existing business 'can afford,' but excessive greed is the problem.

Why do most people go into business?

1) To accumulate wealth for themselves and their family.

OR

2) To express altruism and provide a living for others.

Honest answers are appreciated.

Last edited:
When you raise the minimum to more than the work is worth, businesses cut hours and the number of employees, or leave the city/state altogether.

I understand that it is.

Why are employees due a "living wage" regardless of the work they do? When did it become the responsibility of the business owner to defy Darwin?

Simply being alive does not entitle you to be taken care of by others by statute.

Being self-employed, I lavish wealth untold and high praise upon all my employees. :2up:

Fuel taxes should be sufficient to maintain the roads.

I understand that it is.

It's not 'can't afford.' Every existing business 'can afford,' but excessive greed is the problem.

1) To accumulate weath for themselves and their family.

Number ONE billy,,,,,,,,,,,and number 2 on trump

1) To accumulate weath for themselves and their family.

Number ONE billy,,,,,,,,,,,and number 2 on trump

Eh?

I understand that it is.

1) To accumulate wealth for themselves and their family.

OR

For me, 1 AND 2. If every businessperson practiced what I do, they'd have a healthier business.

Being self-employed, I lavish wealth untold and high praise upon all my employees. :2up:

If you don't, you're doing it wrong.

Not even close.

Not even close.

Show me your numbers.

If you don't, you're doing it wrong.

Indeed, as I am my only employee.

Not even close.

Show me your numbers.

You brought it up. Prove yourself right.

A choice dictated by government.

Not when the business makes the decision of where to go.

If the decision is based on the customer, tax abatements are a complete waste of tax dollars.

It's not dictated by the government. Businesses don't go where customers don't exist. If you knew anything about business, you'd understand that.
Then abatements are a complete waste of tax dollars. Thank you.

Again, you claim things for which you don't understand.

You just said the tax abatement's don't affect where business goes. That makes them a complete waste of tax payers money.

It's not dictated by the government. Businesses don't go where customers don't exist. If you knew anything about business, you'd understand that.

Build it and they will come.

In some instances, the business will bring the customers.

See Disney World.

After Andrew, a developer bought up a huge chunk of rural land near Homestead. He built a huge race track where none had ever existed. Now the last NASCAR championship race in the top three divisions is held there every year in addition to dozens of other events. A huge financial windfall for the area.

The responsibility of an employer is to pay a competitive wage, safe working conditions and to pay on time. The employee is paid their exact worth. If one employee is of more value to the employer than another, they are entitled to be paid more. Where and how they live is not the responsibility of the employer but rather that of the employee.

how you figure, they didn't get a break in gas tax or sales tax on the goods to move or any road fees. wow you really hate business. you got a chip or something about one of em?

Amazon pays fuel and sales tax? How so? (online company)

You keep saying you are a business person, and then you say stuff like this.

Of course Amazon pays fuel tax. Of course they pay sales tax.

Are you suggesting that Amazon never has anything shipped, or buys anything?

Or do you think that trucking companies do not pass on the cost of those taxes, unto customers?

amazon_rolls_out_branded_truck_trailers_wide_image.jpg

Like many people on here, I seriously doubt that anything you say about you being in business is even true. If it is true.... then honestly that makes you look worse. Because you must have inherited a business, or have someone else running it for you. No one can say... and actually mean, the goofy nonsense you post constantly, and still run a successful business... unless your business does work for the government.... that's the only way your goofy nutty crap makes sense.

It would also explain why you hate all of us demanding cuts to government.

Not when the business makes the decision of where to go.

If the decision is based on the customer, tax abatements are a complete waste of tax dollars.

Then abatements are a complete w aste of tax dollars. Thank you.

Again, you claim things for which you don't understand.

You just said the tax abatement's don't affect where business goes. That makes them a complete waste of tax payers money.

I don't quite get people how people blind themselves to the collusion. This is no different than directing local cops not to give parking tickets to wealthy citizens because they bring investment to the community.

Forum List

Back