*Cost Of Everythings Going Up: Thanks Fucking Obama!*

And Tanya says:

This is according to the EIA.

Quote:
The national average retail price of a gallon of regular gasoline in March 2013 was $3.71. The four main components of the retail price and approximate shares of the total price were:
Crude Oil: 63%. The cost of crude oil as a share of the retail price varies over time and among regions of the country. Refiners paid an average of about $98.00 per barrel of crude oil, or about $2.34 per gallon, in March 2013.
Refining Costs and Profits: 16%
Distribution, Marketing, and Retail Costs and Profits: 10%
Taxes: 11%. Federal excise taxes were 18.4 cents per gallon and state excise taxes averaged 23.47 cents per gallon.

What do I pay for in a gallon of regular gasoline? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
As you can see only 16% of Refining Cost and Profits only make up the portion of what are gas prices. But apparently, you've 'Worked With The Oil Folks.' Somehow, you don't know how gas prices work, what determines them and you don't know that what determines gas prices is different from what determines oil prices.

Yeah, you're real credible.

Those percentages change with the price of gas. Commonly. So, you have gas at say $3.50 per gallon. You raise the price 10%, and the price is now $3.85. So, would you like to say that the cost of oil is still 63% of the price of gas? Nope, oh great mathematician. Then, they raise the price another few % and gas costs $4 per gallon. Is the cost of oil still 63% of the price of gas??? Nope. Get a grip. Your drivel above proves nothing about price increases and the oil companies. Except in your own mind. And look up profit, me dear. Oil companies are manufacturing companies. As a %, their profits are among the very highest of any manufacturing category. And no, it is not because of the cost of oil.

Last edited:
gas prices are high because of one gear in the machine not working well, Refineries are the gear not working.

Correct. And why are they not working? Because environmental Law has made it impossible to build new ones.

Damn. Environmental laws on dangerous chemicals that catch fire and spew acidic smoke? Who saw that coming?

Again, refineries are built and operated by oil companies, which are profit-making ventures. Such ventures are not usually keen on increasing supply when it doesn't serve the profit motive.

>> Myth 1: Oil refineries are not being built in the U.S. because environmental regulations, particularly the Clean Air Act, are so bureaucratic and burdensome that refiners cannot get permits.

Fact: Environmental regulations are not preventing new refineries from being built in the U.S. From 1975 to 2000, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) received only one permit request for a new refinery. And in March, EPA approved Arizona Clean Fuels’ application for an air permit for a proposed refinery in Arizona. In addition, oil companies are regularly applying for – and receiving – permits to modify and expand their existing refineries. (Committee on Government Reform Hearing, “Potential Energy Crisis in the Winter of 2000” 106th Congress, (Sept. 20-21, 2000)

Bottom line, it's hard to make the case that regs are preventing new ones, when you're already shutting down the present ones.

>> In short, the reason for not adding more refineries is straightforward: It's hard, and it's expensive. The reason that we have so few in the first place is more complicated. In the 1980s and 1990s, there was a surplus of refining capacity. Then, over the course of two decades, half of the plants shut down. In 2001, Oregon senator Ron Wyden presented to Congress a report arguing that these closings were calculated choices intended to increase oil company profits. Fewer refineries means less product in circulation, which means a lower supply-to-demand ratio and more profit. Wyden's report cites internal memos from the oil industry implying that this reduction was a deliberate attempt to curtail profit losses. << (factcheck)

Ah, the old "blame the gummint while turning a blind eye to the corporate role" trick.

So, Amazon says:

You're playing semantics. They're all the same thing, regardless of what terms you are using. If you type in multi-international in a search engine, the very first result which will appear is the definition of multinational. You. Are. Wrong.

Jesus, keep trying. Multi-international is not a word. That would mean it isw NOT A SEMANTICS ISSUE. As always, if any search engine can not find the word, it finds the closest thing to it. So, by typing in multi-international, you got:

That's not how search engines work. If you make up a word in a search engine, it askes if you meant to search for another word. Your own skill in doing research is using Google, and you don't even know this. The search engine will not do this if the words used are exactly the same. You. Are. Wrong.

mnccorrection.png

That's not how search engines work. If you make up a word in a search engine, it askes if you meant to search for another word. Your own skill in doing research is using Google, and you don't even know this. The search engine will not do this if the words used are exactly the same. You. Are Wrong.

1. Multinational, and international. But Alas, no multi-international
2. Multi Corporation International Ltd. The name of a company. But Alas, no multi-international.
3. Multi Corp International Inc. The name of a company, again. But alas, no multi-international.
You see, hard as you try to lie your way through this one, there is no such word. Multi-international is not a word. Does not exist in your searches. And does not exist in a dictionary. Only exists in your own mind.

Now, a person with integrity might say "my mistake. I meant multi-national." But instead, you go on and on trying to prove a made up word exists in the english language. It does not. Your own little exercise in research showed that it is not a word. Go look up integrity.

They're all the same thing. There is no difference between those words and I already showed you how you are wrong. To discuss this further is a waste of time and a distraction from the core topic.

We were comparing nothing. Maybe you were, I certainly was not. I said, quite plainly, that there were hundreds of thousands working for the major oil companies. I named a few. And Shell is not an indipendent business, but a subsidiary. Here is an actual definition:

A subsidiary just means that another company partial owns or fully owns another company. The company still runs as an independent business. It has it's own revenue and it's own employees. That's how parent companies work.

Shell Oil Company is the United States-based subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell.
Shell Oil Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love how people don't read their own sources:

Despite the acquisition, however, Shell Oil remained a very independent business. This was partly for complex legal reasons as RoyalDutch/Shell feared that there could be onerous liability problems if a closer control of Shell Oil's affairs was taken by the "parent companies". One of the stranger consequences of this independence was that the Shell logo used in the US was slightly different from that used in the rest of the world. In the 1990s Shell Oil's independence began gradually to be eroded as the "parent companies" took a more hands-on approach in the running of the business. The logo used in the United States is the same as that used elsewhere since June 1, 1998.

Shell Oil Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, I know that you are working as hard as you can to make the number you are working with come in under 200,000. And, by making shell the company you want to use, it does. But it is simply your little word game. Again, me dear, there are hundreds of thousands of people that work for the major oil companies in the world. We have not yet even examined the biggest. But, you are wrong again, of course. Shell is only an independent company in your own mind. Go look up the word subsidiary. And go look up NOT ROYAL DUTCH. BUT ROYAL DUTCH SHELL.

Already proved you are wrong. Shell Oil Company and Royal Dutch Shell are not the same company. Royal Dutch is just a parent company of Shell, and apparently your Two and a Half years of MBA training never taught you the difference. Discussing this further would be a waste of time.

Consensus is based on something, Amazon. What do you think it is based on??? The position of the moon??? Consensus of 41 economists is not a simple vote, but rather opinion based on facts.

Someone really didn't teach this moron that Opinions and Facts are antonyms... Antonyms, being, diametrically opposed to one another...

Opinion:

a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty.

a message expressing a belief about something; the expression of a belief that is held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof

Antonym of opinion

Okay, I think I'm done here.

Last edited:
And Tanya says:

Quote:
The national average retail price of a gallon of regular gasoline in March 2013 was $3.71. The four main components of the retail price and approximate shares of the total price were:
Crude Oil: 63%. The cost of crude oil as a share of the retail price varies over time and among regions of the country. Refiners paid an average of about $98.00 per barrel of crude oil, or about $2.34 per gallon, in March 2013.
Taxes: 11%. Federal excise taxes were 18.4 cents per gallon and state excise taxes averaged 23.47 cents per gallon.

What do I pay for in a gallon of regular gasoline? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
As you can see only 16% of Refining Cost and Profits only make up the portion of what are gas prices. But apparently, you've 'Worked With The Oil Folks.' Somehow, you don't know how gas prices work, what determines them and you don't know that what determines gas prices is different from what determines oil prices.

Those percentages change with the price of gas. Commonly. So, you have gas at say $3.50 per gallon. You raise the price 10%, and the price is now $3.85. So, would you like to say that the cost of oil is still 63% of the price of gas? Nope, oh great mathematician. Then, they raise the price another few % and gas costs $4 per gallon. Is the cost of oil still 63% of the price of gas??? Nope. Get a grip. Your drivel above proves nothing about price increases and the oil companies. Except in your own mind. And look up profit, me dear.

As usual, you expose your ignorance when you make things up, as you clearly do not know what you are talking about. Oil Companies do not make up Gas Prices and no one entity or person determines what gas prices are. What you have been shown is just a cost distribution of what makes up the entire retail cost of gas for that particular month.

gaspump.gif

The price is made up of a component of four separate components: The Price of Crude Oil, The Refining Cost, Distribution Cost & Marketing, and Taxes. One cannot just raise the price at will. Each of these contribute to what the pump price of gasoline is.

• The Crude Oil is determined by the average acquisition cost. This is the cost of acquisition.
  • The Refining Cost is determined by the cost of refining the oil. This is the only portion Oil Companies can control.
  • Taxes is determined by the government and the only cost the Government can attach.
  • Distribution & Marketing Costs is the different between the average retail price provided by the EIA the sum of the other three components. In other words:

Average Retail Price - Crude Oil + Refining Cost +Taxes = Distributing and Marketing Cost.​

Again, one cannot make up the average pump price of gasoline. The price is determined by four components and no one person or entity determines what the price is.

'Working With The Oil Folks' and not understanding how this works is pretty much akin to being a pilot and not understanding how aerodynamics works.

Then again, this is the internet and you can pretend to be whoever you want. Until then, if you are going to pretend to have knowledge about the Oil Industry simply from 'Working With The Oil Folks,' I suggest you take the time to brush up on the historical pump data and refresh your knowledge of the subject. You might run into your old colleagues from the oil business one day. You never know if you will open your mouth and you end up saying something stupid.

Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Update

Oil companies are manufacturing companies. As a %, their profits are among the very highest of any manufacturing category. And no, it is not because of the cost of oil.

These are one of these times when you just speak and say something stupid... No, Oil Companies are not in the manufacturing category. They're in the Mining & Logging Category. The sub-category would be Oil and Gas Extraction. Then again, you don't do real research and DaveManuel.com is your idea of statistical data so I can see how you would not be able to know this, with your MBA credentials and all...

Oil and Gas Extraction - May 2012 OES Industry-Specific Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates

But then again, you know this being you have an MBA and they clearly teach you the different sectors of the economy. I'm pretty sure they teach you how to reach BLS statistics as well. Just more of those phony credentials coming back to haunt you, I suppose.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Gas prices hovering over $3.00 for long periods of time effect the cost of goods and services.
2. Thanks fucking Obama, for not doing something about the obvious.
3. Everything costs more now, thanks ass hole!
4. We are a oil based economy, and we are being rapped by the oil giants and government regulations on the quality and mix of gasoline.
5. This shit for brains Obama, doesn't know jack shit about anything.
6. End of story.

Regards,
SirJamesfTexas

1. The price of oil went from $20 to $147 a barrel under Bush.
2. Cheesewartsnow is a moron.

Regards,
SirToroofTheIlluminati

And Tanya says:

Quote:

Those percentages change with the price of gas. Commonly. So, you have gas at say $3.50 per gallon. You raise the price 10%, and the price is now $3.85. So, would you like to say that the cost of oil is still 63% of the price of gas? Nope, oh great mathematician. Then, they raise the price another few % and gas costs $4 per gallon. Is the cost of oil still 63% of the price of gas??? Nope. Get a grip. Your drivel above proves nothing about price increases and the oil companies. Except in your own mind. And look up profit, me dear.

As usual, you expose your ignorance when you make things up, as you clearly do not know what you are talking about. Oil Companies do not make up Gas Prices and no one entity or person determines what gas prices are. What you have been shown is just a cost distribution of what makes up the entire retail cost of gas for that particular month.

gaspump.gif

The price is made up of a component of four separate components: The Price of Crude Oil, The Refining Cost, Distribution Cost & Marketing, and Taxes. One cannot just raise the price at will. Each of these contribute to what the pump price of gasoline is.

• The Crude Oil is determined by the average acquisition cost. This is the cost of acquisition.
  • The Refining Cost is determined by the cost of refining the oil. This is the only portion Oil Companies can control.
  • Taxes is determined by the government and the only cost the Government can attach.
  • Distribution & Marketing Costs is the different between the average retail price provided by the EIA the sum of the other three components. In other words:

Average Retail Price - Crude Oil + Refining Cost +Taxes = Distributing and Marketing Cost.​

Again, one cannot make up the average pump price of gasoline. The price is determined by four components and no one person or entity determines what the price is.

'Working With The Oil Folks' and not understanding how this works is pretty much akin to being a pilot and not understanding how aerodynamics works.

Then again, this is the internet and you can pretend to be whoever you want. Until then, if you are going to pretend to have knowledge about the Oil Industry simply from 'Working With The Oil Folks,' I suggest you take the time to brush up on the historical pump data and refresh your knowledge of the subject. You might run into your old colleagues from the oil business one day. You never know if you will open your mouth and you end up saying something stupid.

Oil companies are manufacturing companies. As a %, their profits are among the very highest of any manufacturing category. And no, it is not because of the cost of oil.

These are one of these times when you just speak and say something stupid... No, Oil Companies are not in the manufacturing category. They're in the Mining & Logging Category. The sub-category would be Oil and Gas Extraction. Then again, you don't do real research and DaveManuel.com is your idea of statistical data so I can see how you would not be able to know this, with your MBA credentials and all...

Oil and Gas Extraction - May 2012 OES Industry-Specific Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates

But then again, you know this being you have an MBA and they clearly teach you the different sectors of the economy. I'm pretty sure they teach you how to reach BLS statistics as well. Just more of those phony credentials coming back to haunt you, I suppose.

Nice classification of the costs of gasoline. Now, what you left out is PROFIT. And yes, me poor ignorant con, oil companies can and do set the price of gasoline. If you do not believe me, perhaps you would like to talk to your local Exxon station owner or operator.
Unless, of course, you believe that oil companies operate gas sales operation at no profit.

Having just talked about refining costs, you should have known that gasoline is not EXTRACTED. Sorry you missed that, if you did. Me dear, you may want to look at SIC code 29. It is the manufacturing SIC code that includes petroleum manufacturing, and includes about 10 sub-classifications of petroleum product manufacture. You see, me poor ignorant con, you should research your information before you make stupid statements. SIC Codes 2900 and sub categories through 2999 are petroleum manufacturing categories.
Oil exploration and extraction are not manufacturing categories. THEY are in the same area as mineral exploration and forestry.

Next time you want to know what categories oil companies believe themselves to be in, let me know. I sold manufacturing software to BP, as an example. And anyone who knows anything about the industry understands that gasoline is a manufactured product. If you do not want to believe it, go complain to the petrolium companies. Or the folks who produce and manage the SIC codes.
The SIC Directory contains a database of all the Standard Industrial Classification codes.
SIC Codes Directory29

You can thank me later. The education is free. Funny when you attack and attack and call people names, only to be shown that you are WRONG. I am sure you will be making the blather from your last post true. You will be angry again, at me. Instead of whomever told you gas refining was not considered manufacturing. But it is not. Never was, never will be.

The stuff you extract, as in crude oil, is not manufactured, OBVIOUSLY. But, sense we are talking about petroleum, and gasoline in particular, you are WRONG. Unless you are just considering the traders who buy oil futures, and for the most part never take delivery, the product that we have been discussing is gasoline and it is manufactured. And, me dear, gas is not EXTRACTED. Which is why it is not in the oil extraction categories. Gasoline, and many other products are all not extractee, but manufactured.

Let me know if you need more information clarified.

Last edited:
And Tanya says:

gaspump.gif

Nice classification of the costs of gasoline. Now, what you left out is PROFIT.

More cluelessness, again. The Profits are already included in the make up of cost distribution. Check it out:

Methodology For Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Pump Components
The components for the gasoline and diesel fuel pumps are calculated in the following manner in cents per gallon and then converted into a percentage:

Crude Oil - the monthly average of the composite refiner acquisition cost, which is the average price of crude oil purchased by refiners.

Refining Costs & Profits - the difference between the monthly average of the spot price of gasoline or diesel fuel (used as a proxy for the value of gasoline or diesel fuel as it exits the refinery) and the average price of crude oil purchased by refiners (the crude oil component).

Distribution & Marketing Costs & Profits - the difference between the average retail price of gasoline or diesel fuel as computed from EIA's weekly survey and the sum of the other 3 components.

Taxes - a monthly national average of federal and state taxes applied to gasoline or diesel fuel.

And yes, me poor ignorant con, oil companies can and do set the price of gasoline. If you do not believe me, perhaps you would like to talk to your local Exxon station owner or operator.

Exxon station owners cannot set their own prices at will. You are free to show me an owner who can. I'd love to get a chance to meet your made up associates.

Unless, of course, you believe that oil companies operate gas sales operation at no profit.

Strawman...

Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Me dear, you may want to look at SIC code 29. It is the manufacturing SIC code that includes petroleum manufacturing, and includes about 10 sub-classifications of petroleum product manufacture. You see, me poor ignorant con, you should research your information before you make stupid statements. SIC Codes 2900 and sub categories through 2999 are petroleum manufacturing categories.

I hate to break it to you, but no one uses the SIC Codes anymore. Not for almost two decades. You may want to look up what a SIC code is, and then you'll understand why no one uses it. From YOUR own source:

What is a SIC Code

Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes are four digit numerical codes assigned by the U.S. government to business establishments to identify the primary business of the establishment. The classification was developed to facilitate the collection, presentation and analysis of data; and to promote uniformity and comparability in the presentation of statistical data collected by various agencies of the federal government, state agencies and private organizations. The classification covers all economic activities. North American Industrial Classification (NAICS) codes have largely replaced the SIC system.

What is a SIC Code?

What Is A NAICS Code

The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is used by businesses and governments to classify and measure economic activity in Canada, Mexico, and the United States. NAICS is currently the standard used by federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments. NAICS codes have largely replaced the older Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) system; however, certain government departments and agencies still use the SIC codes.

What is a NAICS Code?

I love it. MBA degree holders are so behind the times, they don't even understand that SIC is an old registry system. Who exactly was your professor, Fred Flinstone?

Oil exploration and extraction are not manufacturing categories. THEY are in the same area as mineral exploration and forestry.

Yes, yes they are, under the old format. The only thing you have said which was correct. A broken clock is right at least two times a day, or in your case, once every two days.

Next time you want to know what categories oil companies believe themselves to be in, let me know.

Oil Companies do not put themselves in categories, or any other type of business for that matter. All businesses are catergorised and classified by the United States Government, and the United States Government catergorises Oil Companies under the Mining and Logging category, not Manufacturing category.

You. Are. Wrong.

I sold manufacturing software to BP, as an example.

More unsubstantiated credentials, I love it! Tell me, what was the name of this 'software?'

And anyone who knows anything about the industry understands that gasoline is a manufactured product. If you do not want to believe it, go complain to the petrolium companies. Or the folks who produce and manage the SIC codes.
The SIC Directory contains a database of all the Standard Industrial Classification codes.
SIC Codes Directory29

The 'folks who produce and manage the SIC codes' are the US Government, and they no longer use SIC Codes.

Why do you keep proving my point for me? You are certainly not a well educated individual.

You can thank me later. The education is free. Funny when you attack and attack and call people names, only to be shown that you are WRONG. I am sure you will be making the blather from your last post true. You will be angry again, at me. Instead of whomever told you gas refining was not considered manufacturing. But it is not. Never was, never will be.

Thank you for that free education. Brings an even greater meaning to the term, 'You Get What You Pay For.' Using information and a classification system which has been outdated since 1997. Classic!

And the only reason why I know what SIC codes are is because the only government agency which still uses SIC Codes are the Securities and Exchange Commission.

The stuff you extract, as in crude oil, is not manufactured, OBVIOUSLY. But, sense we are talking about petroleum, and gasoline in particular, you are WRONG. Unless you are just considering the traders who buy oil futures, and for the most part never take delivery, the product that we have been discussing is gasoline and it is manufactured.

Petroleum is a naturally occurring substance. It is not manufactured. Gasoline is not manufactured either. The heating and transformation process of what is Crude Oil/Petro happens in an oil refinery in an oil tanker. To manufacture is to produce something by hand or by machine. This is not what is happening when it comes to gasoline. This is why, according to the government, Oil Companies are not classified under manufacturing. The system is outdated, along with your knowledge of economics, providing you actually had any in the first place.

You are clearly wrong, and in more ways than one. Which is not surprising.

Just one thing? How is it possible for someone like you who claims to be so educated, and yet, at the same time utterly clueless? I mean, you think someone would actually know these basic things. Must be more of those special MBA credentials I have heard so much about.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Obama isn't doing anything of what is needed to protect the economy.
2. Thanks *Fucking* Obama!!!!
3. As I remember, he closed several refinery's as soon as he got elected the first time.
4. Fuck you again *buckwheat* Obama!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

3. As I remember, he closed several refinery's as soon as he got elected the first time.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Bullshit.
2. Where's your *fucking* link?
3. "Refinery is"?
4. "Buckwheat"?

Disregards,
Sir Captain Obvious

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Bullshit.
3. "Refinery is"?
4. "Buckwheat"?

Disregards,
Sir Captain Obvious

1. What? its no *bullshit* shit for brains!
2. I don't need no *fucking link* I know stuff, and I am informed.
3. I can't help you if you're so *fucking out of touch*.
4. Yeah *buckwheat*! Obama!
5. If you want to know how many he closed, goggle *it* fucking moron!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Bullshit.
3. "Refinery is"?
4. "Buckwheat"?

Disregards,
Sir Captain Obvious

1. What? its no *bullshit* shit for brains!
3. I can't help you if you're so *fucking out of touch*.
4. Yeah *buckwheat*! Obama!
5. If you want to know how many he closed, goggle is fucking moron!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

"Google is fucking moron". Words of wisdom from the same source that can't spell "refineries"

You are an utter failure. You made the assertion; it's your job to prove it -- not mine, not anyone else's. YOURS.

Fucking dolt.

-- that one's going to live forever :clap2:

Last edited:
So, Amazon says:

More cluelessness, again. The Profits are already included in the make up of cost distribution. Check it out:

Quote:
Methodology For Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Pump Components
The components for the gasoline and diesel fuel pumps are calculated in the following manner in cents per gallon and then converted into a percentage:

Crude Oil - the monthly average of the composite refiner acquisition cost, which is the average price of crude oil purchased by refiners.

Refining Costs & Profits - the difference between the monthly average of the spot price of gasoline or diesel fuel (used as a proxy for the value of gasoline or diesel fuel as it exits the refinery) and the average price of crude oil purchased by refiners (the crude oil component).

Distribution & Marketing Costs & Profits - the difference between the average retail price of gasoline or diesel fuel as computed from EIA's weekly survey and the sum of the other 3 components.

Taxes - a monthly national average of federal and state taxes applied to gasoline or diesel fuel.
You just spent a lot of time showing how EIA determines the average cost and approximate profit for gasoline sales LAST WEEK. What do you think, Tanya, that Exxon dealers take the eia numbers and price their gas accordingly??? The past estimate of profits is nothing more than a historical report. It does not, in fact, tell you what price gas stations price their gas at. That is determined by what the cost of gas is to them. Plain and simple. And the major producers simply raise the cost of gas to the dealer and the dealer has no option but to raise the price to the consumer.

Quote:
And yes, me poor ignorant con, oil companies can and do set the price of gasoline. If you do not believe me, perhaps you would like to talk to your local Exxon station owner or operator.
Exxon station owners cannot set their own prices at will. You are free to show me an owner who can. I'd love to get a chance to meet your made up associates.

Yes they can. And they do, me poor ignorant con. But they are constrained by the fact that there are gas stations everywhere. So the owner gets gas from their distributor, as in Exxon. The price of gas is HIGHER by 15 cents per gallon. Guess what the owner does. HE RAISES HIS PRICE. He is constrained by the market and by the price he pays.
The point is, the customer for Exxon is not you and I. It is the station owners. And it is Exxon who controls what their customers, the gas station owner, charges you and I.

The cost of gas: How two stations set their prices
The cost of gas: How two stations set their prices - USATODAY.com

Quote:
Me dear, you may want to look at SIC code 29. It is the manufacturing SIC code that includes petroleum manufacturing, and includes about 10 sub-classifications of petroleum product manufacture. You see, me poor ignorant con, you should research your information before you make stupid statements. SIC Codes 2900 and sub categories through 2999 are petroleum manufacturing categories.
I hate to break it to you, but no one uses the SIC Codes anymore. Not for almost two decades. You may want to look up what a SIC code is, and then you'll understand why no one uses it. From YOUR own source:

Quote:
What is a SIC Code

Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes are four digit numerical codes assigned by the U.S. government to business establishments to identify the primary business of the establishment. The classification was developed to facilitate the collection, presentation and analysis of data; and to promote uniformity and comparability in the presentation of statistical data collected by various agencies of the federal government, state agencies and private organizations. The classification covers all economic activities. North American Industrial Classification (NAICS) codes have largely replaced the SIC system.

What is a SIC Code?

What Is A NAICS Code

The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is used by businesses and governments to classify and measure economic activity in Canada, Mexico, and the United States. NAICS is currently the standard used by federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments. NAICS codes have largely replaced the older Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) system; however, certain government departments and agencies still use the SIC codes.

Sorry, me dear. I have been retired for several years. But if you used a service such as Hoovers or D and B for analysis of businesses, as of 2008, you were using SIC codes. I know you are proud to have knowledge of NAICS beyond what I do. I have had no need to for many years. Happily.
I love it. MBA degree holders are so behind the times, they don't even understand that SIC is an old registry system. Who exactly was your professor, Fred Flinstone?
Another attack??? You apparently forgot to wonder when I got my MBA. It was, me dear, 1971. So, there was no thought of NAICS at the time. Jesus, sometimes you are such a twit. Belay that. You are generally such a twit. And I have been aware of NAICS, as a coming entity. But I never used SIC codes directy. Just with one of the services I mentioned above. And, to tell you the truth, it would have made no difference were it SIC or NAICS. None at all. And, for the purpose of this discussion, it makes NO difference. Except to you. And really, me dear, no one else would care. What you need is not NAICS, but a definition of Oil Tanker. Sorry, you will understand shortly.

Quote:
Yes, yes they are, under the old format. The only thing you have said which was correct. A broken clock is right at least two times a day, or in your case, once every two days.
And you are a dipshit. Sorry to have given you credit for something, dipshit.

Quote:
Next time you want to know what categories oil companies believe themselves to be in, let me know.
Oil Companies do not put themselves in categories, or any other type of business for that matter. All businesses are catergorised and classified by the United States Government, and the United States Government catergorises Oil Companies under the Mining and Logging category, not Manufacturing category.
First, I did not suggest that they DID put themselves in any category. What I suggested is that they know that they are manufacturers.
Second, you are lying and you know it. Oil exploration and and drilling is in that category. But not refining. Oil companies are found often in two general areas. Manufacturing, and Energy.
You. Are. Wrong.
Nope. Not wrong at all. But you are. See below.

The corresponding NAICS category to the SIC code for refining gasoline is 32411, Gasoline made in petroleum refineries. The operative word, my poor ignorant con, is MADE. Look up manufacturing. You will see that manufacturing means MAKING SOMETHING.

Quote:
I sold manufacturing software to BP, as an example.
More unsubstantiated credentials, I love it! Tell me, what was the name of this 'software?'
Really. Hell, we could go on with this bs forever. I worked for a company that integrated with SAP systems, primarily in the open systems arena. HP-UX, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, and MS Windows platforms. Provided software that integrated with thousands of SAP transaction codes.
Got it. If you want more, you have to pay for it. Because, dipshit, I am hardly trying to build any rep. I am retired, me poor ignorant con. And I guarantee you, I find your petty personal attacks funny.
The sort of things that people who have nothing much to be proud of, I suppose. Sad that all you can do is attack. Maybe if you accomplished something with your life, you would not feel the need for attacks. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Quote:
And anyone who knows anything about the industry understands that gasoline is a manufactured product. If you do not want to believe it, go complain to the petroleum companies. Or the folks who produce and manage the SIC codes.
SIC Codes Directory29
The 'folks who produce and manage the SIC codes' are the US Government, and they no longer use SIC Codes.

Why do you keep proving my point for me? You are certainly not a well educated individual.

Why do you lie so much. You know that the us gov uses it. Hell, look at your own reference. And yes, I know that the US gov produce and manage sic codes. Did you think that they have robots doing that work? Were you unaware that folks work in the us gov. Jesus. You try so hard to prove me wrong. But to no avail.
Quote:

And the only reason why I know what SIC codes are is because the only government agency which still uses SIC Codes are the Securities and Exchange Commission.

That would be a bastardization of the statement in Wikipedia that you referenced earlier. It states:
"however certain government departments and agencies, such as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), still use the SIC codes." Perhaps English is not your primary language. Or are you simply lying again. You may want to look up such as, and the concept of plural, as in the word departments. Nice try, I guess. But lacking in integrity.
By the way, grammar expert. It would be "js the securities and exchange commission. There are not two or more of them.

Quote:
The stuff you extract, as in crude oil, is not manufactured, OBVIOUSLY. But, sinse we are talking about petroleum, and gasoline in particular, you are WRONG. Unless you are just considering the traders who buy oil futures, and for the most part never take delivery, the product that we have been discussing is gasoline and it is manufactured.
Petroleum is a naturally occurring substance. It is not manufactured. Gasoline is not manufactured either. The heating and transformation process of what is Crude Oil/Petro happens in an oil refinery in an oil tanker. To manufacture is to produce something by hand or by machine. This is not what is happening when it comes to gasoline. This is why, according to the government, Oil Companies are not classified under manufacturing. The system is outdated, along with your knowledge of economics, providing you actually had any in the first place.

Well, that is really a stupid paragraph. I am speechless. Lets take it bit by amazing bit:

You said
Gasoline is not manufactured either. The heating and transformation process of what is Crude Oil/Petro happens in an oil refinery in an oil tanker.
I think you are a little confused, me dear. Gasoline is not produced in a OIL TANKER. Jesus. Now that is an interesting thought. I see tankers blowing up all over the world. Your work with google failed you again. The oil exists in VESSELS in a refinery. NOT OIL TANKERS. Jesus, I can not remember anyone, with the exception of Ed, who EVER said anything that clueless.

You said
To manufacture is to produce something by hand or by machine. This is not what is happening when it comes to gasoline.
So, you must assume that gasoline just suddenly appears?? Ever see a refinery??? You would have a hard time finding more machinery per acre anywhere. And a whole lot of people who work there believe they are making gasoline from crude and other substances.
You said:
This is why, according to the government, Oil Companies are not classified under manufacturing.
Really, me dear. You need to get a clue. SIC code 2911 is a manufacturing category. And the NAICS code calls refining the process of making gasoline. So, lets see your gov source that says oil refining is not manufacturing.
So, assuming that you are correct, Industry Week should have no Oil Companies in its list of its 50 best manufacturers. Lets see, now. If you check this link, you will find that Exxon Mobil comes in number 7 among their 50 best manufacturers.
The 2012 IndustryWeek 50 Best U.S. Manufacturers | IndustryWeek
And, we should not see Oil companies in the IndustryWeek ranking of largest manufacturers. But if you care to follow this link, you will find that the three largest manufacturers in the US are Exxon Mobil, Conoco Phillips, and Chevron.
The 2012 IndustryWeek U.S. 500 | IndustryWeek
Chevron believes they are manufacturers: Chevron's global refining system manufactures fuels and other products
Manufacturing | About Chevron | Chevron

Should we go on??? But if you want to believe that refining gas is not manufacturing, I could care less.
Then you said:
The system is outdated, along with your knowledge of economics, providing you actually had any in the first place.
You know, if I said that oil was produced in an OIL TANKER, I think I would stop criticizing anyone. That has to be the stupidest statement ever.
Oil Tanker A ship having large compartments, designed to transport crude oil over the ocean.
oil tanker - definition of oil tanker by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Here is a list of gasoline refineries. See if you can find an oil tanker listed. Jesus, that is funny.
List of oil refineries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are clearly wrong, and in more ways than one. Which is not surprising.

Sorry. I am still laughing. Being and expert on all sorts of stuff. You know, the whole, what was it, Series 2 thing. The 70 hours and 120 questions. And you think oil is refined in an oil tanker. Damn. After all of your blather, just that statement made it worth reading your post. But, me dear, based on those things, I think you have poor credentials to criticize ANYONE.
Jesus. Oil Tanker Refineries. And you wrote it with such conviction. Sorry, but anyone who believes that oil is refined in an oil tanker has NO CREDIBILITY.

Quote:
Just one thing? How is it possible for someone like you who claims to be so educated, and yet, at the same time utterly clueless? I mean, you think someone would actually know these basic things. Must be more of those special MBA credentials I have heard so much about.

Yes, well, you do love attacking. But then, an MBA, even back then, took about 50,000 times as much study as your little certificate. Jesus. A whole 120 question test. And you are SERIOUS.
Jesus, OIL TANKER/Refineries. I bet you almost said one had the name Amazon. Sorry, but I rarely laugh much at this crap. But you try to tell everyone how smart you are, and attack anyone that does not agree with you, and then say really stupid stuff like refining petroleum on oil tankers, and that gas is not a manufactured product. And then you think you have the creds to criticize anyone. Really funny.

I Don't Debate Fallacies. If I Don't Entertain Your Rhetoric, You Probably Made One. Click Here To Review A List Of Fallacies - List of Fallacies
Last edited by AmazonTania; Today at 04:22 PM.

Last edited:
You are responding to ED. ED!!!! Between the two of you, you may have a combined IQ of what??? Maybe 100???? Dipshit.

I'm was making a comment TO Ed ABOUT Pogo and his inability to reply to his question, as well as how emotional he seems to get. Apparently you are a bit confused by this. You may want to consider reading the post again, and see if you can actually follow the discussion. Thanks.
No, me boy. No confusion at all. I understand what you were saying. And it was STUPID.

"No, me boy" ? ... "And it was STUPID".. ?? Wow, your reply is almost as bad as the one I received from Pogo. What on earth do they teach these young adolescences today in school, if not the proper usage of English grammar? If you are going to make an attempt to call someone out for being "stupid", at least have the educated capability to formulate complete sentences. Please tell me you didn't already graduate from High School with this level of achievement.

I'm was making a comment TO Ed ABOUT Pogo and his inability to reply to his question, as well as how emotional he seems to get. Apparently you are a bit confused by this. You may want to consider reading the post again, and see if you can actually follow the discussion. Thanks.
No, me boy. No confusion at all. I understand what you were saying. And it was STUPID.

"No, me boy" ? ... "And it was STUPID".. ?? Wow, your reply is almost as bad as the one I received from Pogo. What on earth do they teach these young adolescences today in school, if not the proper usage of English grammar? If you are going to make an attempt to call someone out for being "stupid", at least have the educated capability to formulate complete sentences. Please tell me you didn't already graduate from High School with this level of achievement.

Not only that, he has the "educated" capability to make up bogus George Washington quotes, put them in his sig, and then not even care when he's called out on it.

Doesn't make him look "stupid" though. Nope, definitely not "stupid". :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Not only that, he has the "educated" capability to make up bogus George Washington quotes, put them in his sig, and then not even care when he's called out on it.

Not "stupid" though. Definitely not "stupid".

Why would I even begin to care about your opinion pogo, as minuscule as it is to me?

By the way the correct response is: "he has the "educated" capability to NOT make up bogus George Washington quotes...." Yeah you're intelligent alright :lol:How about you take the extra time and think before you type? At the very least I can offer advice in hopes to give you a fighting chance, the next time you want to brag about your superior intellect.

Last edited:

Not "stupid" though. Definitely not "stupid".

Why would I even begin to care about your opinion pogo, as minuscule as it is to me?

Beats me. I haven't rendered an "opinion".

That you're dishonest isn't opinion; it's proven. You've got a bogus quote; you're called on it; and you keep the fake in there anyway. Ain't no wiggle room there.

Which level of achievement are you talking about, me boy? Are you trying to pose as an expert in the English language? Did you think that this was a formal composition?? Apparently you are an expert in what it takes to graduate from high school. Grammar and all that. Probably spelling, right. How many adolescences do you know??? HMMM. What do you know. Shakles apparently believes that there are multiples of adolescence. But the dictionary does not. And, Shakles just tried to suggest my grammar is bad. Lets look up the word that Shakles is suggesting that he is plural in his sentence:
Adolescence = The period of physical and psychological development from the onset of puberty to complete growth and maturity.
adolescence - definition of adolescence in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
So, do you suppose that Shakles is concerned that there are multiples of "the period of physical and psychological development from the onset of puberty to complete growth and maturity"? But, me boy, there is no such word?? Should we question your education??? Well, maybe we should question your capability to judge anyone's grammar.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back