Costco Labels The Bible As 'Fiction'

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
This made Christians upset for them doing this and I don't blame them. I wonder if they'll label the holocaust as fiction, or the Quran? That would be something I'd like to see.

Bible sticker mishap irks Christians - World News | IOL News | IOL.co.za

Caleb Kaltenbach, a pastor at the Discovery Church in Simi Valley, California, tweeted a picture of the Holy Bible, with a barcode price sticker clearly labelled “fiction”, last Friday.

“Costco has Bibles for sale under the genre of FICTION. Hmmmm... “ he wrote, prompting a surge of retweets and comments from both critics and some suggesting the description was accurate.

“DOES Costco sell the Qur’an under the genre of “FICTION” I WONDER ???” wrote Holly Bishop (@Southerngal1963) on the microblogging site.

But Steven (@SrDurham) asked: “Is it not fiction? I think Costco has this correct, please provide factual data to support otherwise.”

Costco sought to downplay the flap

Costco apologized but I do think they should do the same thing to the koran.

Come on people. Some kid with a price tag machine slapped the price on Bibles in one Costco store. Don't get your panties in a bunch about it.

DvcZWTp.jpg

If they would only be as outraged over what the democrats are doing to the economy!

This made Christians upset for them doing this and I don't blame them. I wonder if they'll label the holocaust as fiction, or the Quran? That would be something I'd like to see.

Bible sticker mishap irks Christians - World News | IOL News | IOL.co.za

Caleb Kaltenbach, a pastor at the Discovery Church in Simi Valley, California, tweeted a picture of the Holy Bible, with a barcode price sticker clearly labelled “fiction”, last Friday.

“Costco has Bibles for sale under the genre of FICTION. Hmmmm... “ he wrote, prompting a surge of retweets and comments from both critics and some suggesting the description was accurate.

“DOES Costco sell the Qur’an under the genre of “FICTION” I WONDER ???” wrote Holly Bishop (@Southerngal1963) on the microblogging site.

But Steven (@SrDurham) asked: “Is it not fiction? I think Costco has this correct, please provide factual data to support otherwise.”

Costco sought to downplay the flap

From the link provided:
“Costco's distributor mislabelled a small percentage of the Bibles. However, we take responsibility and should have caught the mistake,” it said in a statement emailed to AFP on Wednesday.

“We are correcting this with them for future distribution. In addition, we are immediately relabelling all mislabelled Bibles. We greatly apologise for this error."

And now you know the REST of the story...
:rolleyes: