Costco's Profit Soars As Low-Wage Competitors Struggle

Obama is rich and a liberal while also believing that liberals hate the rich. They cant seem to understand facts.

dear, when we say that liberals hate the rich we don't mean all liberals hate all the rich all the time. We don't always speak literally and neither do liberals of course.

Anyway, you seem to actually believe conservatism is contradictory and confirmation bias shapes our thinking and talking points- right? So then, can you present your best example of what is wrong with our Founders very conservative idea that very very limited government is best.

I'm sure you cant which explains why you used the very very trivial example involving whether conservatives were being literal or figurative when they say liberals hate the rich.

See why we are postive a liberal will be slow??

Last edited:
Obama is rich and a liberal while also believing that liberals hate the rich. They cant seem to understand facts.

dear, when we say that liberals hate the rich we don't mean all liberals hate all the rich all the time. We don't always speak literally and neither do liberals of course.

Anyway, you seem to actually believe conservatism is contradictory and confirmation bias shapes our thinking and talking points- right? So then, can you present your best example of what is wrong with our Founders very conservative idea that very very limited government is best.

I'm sure you cant which explains why you used the very very trivial example involving whether conservatives were being literal or figurative when they say liberals hate the rich.

limited government is a good thing. But that isn't the ONLY ideology that is in conservatism. Its all the other stuff that you guys advocate for which, you had to change the subject from in order to attempt to get me to talk about only limited govt.

I don't understand your last sentence. I think it was supposed to be an insult about intelligence but its all jumbled up. Rather ironic.

limited government is a good thing. But that isn't the ONLY ideology that is in conservatism. Its all the other stuff that you guys advocate for which,

so why be so afraid to tell us what the other stuff is??
You have to be asked because you are afraid to say on your own!! If limited government is good then you are conservative or libertarian- right???

Because this thread is about Costco and you are desperately trying to make it about me. I've been clear in my posts. Costco pays their employees well and have low prices and that is the opposite of what conservatives believe.

Why did they dump the Articles Of Confederation?

Because this thread is about Costco and you are desperately trying to make it about me. I've been clear in my posts. Costco pays their employees well and have low prices and that is the opposite of what conservatives believe.

The Costco Membership Fee is a key element in their pricing model. They also have a clientel that has a slightly higher income than Costco's and can talke advantage of bulk pricing. As well , they have a more limited product selection. The Costcos around here have a high small business clientel. It al adds up to a business model that slices out a piece of the market that maximizes efficiencies. Of course, shoppers have to drive further and prepare to bring more home on a trip. This means that low income workers, especially with limited transportation options, don't shop there.

Walmart makes us all richer with its low prices. That's their business plan and it makes sense to most Americans, because most Americans want to be richer.
dear, the beauty of Republican capitalism is that you make profit by making other's richer with lower prices and or higher quality.
Its a win win. Get it now? The invisible hand makes us all richer and richer. Got it now??

So Walmart makes us richer by lowering prices and wages? *

That is right up there with your all time classic "If we all invested in the stock market we'd all be millionares"

WalMart prices are market prices and not different than FoodMax and Target. WalMart, like all competative market companies is a price taker, neither undercutting or overpricing the market. *

Quality can be a way of differentiating a product, but quality always comes at a price. *If you increase quality above the market then you increase cost and sell less, hopefully to a select clientel, but not if your revenue falls.

Another problem is that combined, the statements don't make sense.

Oh wait, no, it's the invisible hand so Walmart doesn't set prices, it is a price taker.

Perhaps your confused about how companies realize higher profits. Try taking econ 101. *I am sure they have a basic econ at your local community college. *If you find it a bit difficult, give your average conservative IQ, I'm sure you can get help from a liberal classmate.

The Costco Membership Fee is a key element in their pricing model. They also have a clientel that has a slightly higher income than Costco's and can talke advantage of bulk pricing. As well , they have a more limited product selection. The Costcos around here have a high small business clientel. It al adds up to a business model that slices out a piece of the market that maximizes efficiencies. Of course, shoppers have to drive further and prepare to bring more home on a trip. This means that low income workers, especially with limited transportation options, don't shop there.

You said all that to say what?

David Frum referred to their condition as epistemic closure. :(

Leftists don't hate the rich - leftists thrive in a culture of corruption and encourage wealth at the expense of others. Promotion of a pseudo aristocracy is the goal of the left. 99% of resources in the hands of a well connected looter class that is one and the same as the governing class. General Motors, General Electric, Goldman Sachs, et al. are virtual extensions of the democratic party.

Leftists hate the middle class, the bourgeoisie.
Riiight :rolleyes:
487986_552156294806240_1574691154_n.jpg

What a terrible guy.

Costco pays their employees a virtually identical rate as Walmart owned Sam's Club pays.

They both pay market wages.

That is right up there with your all time classic "If we all invested in the stock market we'd all be millionares"

WalMart prices are market prices and not different than FoodMax and Target. WalMart, like all competative market companies is a price taker, neither undercutting or overpricing the market. *

Quality can be a way of differentiating a product, but quality always comes at a price. *If you increase quality above the market then you increase cost and sell less, hopefully to a select clientel, but not if your revenue falls.

Oh wait, no, it's the invisible hand so Walmart doesn't set prices, it is a price taker.

Perhaps your confused about how companies realize higher profits. Try taking econ 101. *I am sure they have a basic econ at your local community college. *If you find it a bit difficult, give your average conservative IQ, I'm sure you can get help from a liberal classmate.

Some of what you write is correct, some is not.

Walmart rose to prominence due to a scientific approach to supply chain management. While SCM is a standard part of any business school curriculum now, 30 years ago it was unknown. Walmart pioneered the strategy of managing the supply chain from the raw materials to the shelves. Walmart revolutionized logistics with regional centers to store goods and utilized their buying power to leverage vendors, all the way down the supply chain.

Because of this, Walmart DOES set prices, not only for themselves, but for their competitors as well. And this does benefit the lifestyle of consumers, across the board.

Costco is not a discount store. Their prices are, ounce for ounce, identical to my local grocery store. The only reason to go out of your way to shop at a Costco warehouse is if you have a lot of kids who eat a lot of food. But check their prices. Even though you are buying larger scale, you are not paying less for buying bigger.

And if you end up throwing away half of that gallon jar of mayonaisse you bought at Costco because it spoiled before you used it all, then you are actually losing money.

Not true, their prices are much lower, you just have to buy bulk. Such as instead of buying one large Mott Apple Juice you need two buy two, but you save $1 on each bottle from at least target. Their steak, chicken and seafood prices are the lowest, you just have to buy a TON.

Their electronics are lower brands, but you get a good price.

Then you can buy a footlong hotdog and drink for a $1.50!

Not true, their prices are much lower, you just have to buy bulk. Such as instead of buying one large Mott Apple Juice you need two buy two, but you save $1 on each bottle from at least target. Their steak, chicken and seafood prices are the lowest, you just have to buy a TON.

Their electronics are lower brands, but you get a good price.

Then you can buy a footlong hotdog and drink for a $1.50!

The price of beef from Costco in my area is significantly higher per pound than the local grocery stores.

It also is phenomenally better quality beef. Costco has really good meat - but cheap it ain't.

the irony is delicious. :eusa_drool: Profiting better than Wally World AND giving the workers a living-wage & benefits.

Some conservatives heads will explode, no doubt. Typical USMB Rightist- "Profit without shafting the workers? Not in my Murica :eusa_hand: ".

Last edited:
the irony is delicious. :eusa_drool: Profiting better than Wally World AND giving the workers a living-wage & benefits.

Scheiß Mause, you're a stupid guy - here or at AWE..

Did you happen to catch where Sam's Club pays virtually the same as Costco?

It's the business model, dumbass.

Some conservatives heads will explode, no doubt. Typical USMB Rightist- "Profit without shafting the workers? Not in my Murica :eusa_hand: ".

You should pull your head out of Madcow's ass, and come up for air. Oxygen deprivation is killing off your last few brain cells.

Some of what you write is correct, some is not.

Walmart rose to prominence due to a scientific approach to supply chain management. While SCM is a standard part of any business school curriculum now, 30 years ago it was unknown. Walmart pioneered the strategy of managing the supply chain from the raw materials to the shelves. Walmart revolutionized logistics with regional centers to store goods and utilized their buying power to leverage vendors, all the way down the supply chain.

Because of this, Walmart DOES set prices, not only for themselves, but for their competitors as well. And this does benefit the lifestyle of consumers, across the board.

Yes, WalMart did innovate supply chain management which helped them lower costs.

Lower cost does not translate directly to lower prices.

Last edited:

Exactly what is says. What, you use to opinions without facts and facts without am opinion confuses you?

Last edited:

Scheiß Mause, you're a stupid guy - here or at AWE..

Did you happen to catch where Sam's Club pays virtually the same as Costco?

It's the business model, dumbass.

You should pull your head out of Madcow's ass, and come up for air. Oxygen deprivation is killing off your last few brain cells.

Did I forget to use the term "business model"?

Forum List

Back