Costco's Profit Soars As Low-Wage Competitors Struggle

Now we have crap clothes that fall apart in just a few months...
I see people say stuff like this every once in awhile, usually when on a rant similar to yours' and I'm curious what on earth you do to your clothes? I beat cheapo clothes that are made in China/Indonesia/Bangladesh all the time, they aren't the highest quality but they don't fall apart in a few months.

And thats your fucking comeback? from this right leaning indie? your a fucking dumb ass. I
You are correct, he is a fucking dumbass, basically the forum halfwit. Usually anyone who thinks in such black and white shades of liberal/conservative can be counted on to be narrow-minded fool but Special Ed takes it to an entirely new level of monosynaptic posting where anyone who doesn't fit into his simpleton view of the word is labeled a liberal and (quite ironically) accused of having a low IQ.

I see people say stuff like this every once in awhile, usually when on a rant similar to yours' and I'm curious what on earth you do to your clothes? I beat cheapo clothes that are made in China/Indonesia/Bangladesh all the time, they aren't the highest quality but they don't fall apart in a few months.

Funny thing, the "Members Mark" jeans I have on (Sam's Club) are "Made in the USA." Over 10 years old, they last forever. (Where the fabric was made is a different question, of course.)

:dunno:

Standard Disclaimer: Just looked, and they moved the Clothing Plant to Mexico :(

Another star thread about raising his minimum wage. Because he should have studied harder in school and didn't, it's everyone else's fault.

I just did a quick example.

Cheerios

Costco: $5.50 for 40.7 oz = 0.135 per oz.
Wal8Mart: $3.68 for 18 oz = 0.204 per oz

So, 13.5 cents at Costco, 20.4 cents at Wal*Mart

Sam''s Club would be most efficient in price comparison then Walmart.

No. It wouldn't. He stated that

Their prices are, ounce for ounce, identical to my local grocery store.
Sam's Club is not his local grocery store. And I seriously doubt that any independents out there are undercutting Walmarts prices unless it's a sale.

Cheerios - 2 box pk. - 40.7 oz. $5.78 = 0.142 per oz.

Membership fee $40
Yes, Sam's Club is going to be closer to Costco. But it's Sam's Club. It's a glorified Walmart, with cheap products from China.

Cheerios are from China?

G did not mention the name of his local grocery store.

Sam''s Club would be most efficient in price comparison then Walmart.

No. It wouldn't. He stated that

Their prices are, ounce for ounce, identical to my local grocery store.
Sam's Club is not his local grocery store. And I seriously doubt that any independents out there are undercutting Walmarts prices unless it's a sale.

Cheerios - 2 box pk. - 40.7 oz. $5.78 = 0.142 per oz.

Membership fee $40
Yes, Sam's Club is going to be closer to Costco. But it's Sam's Club. It's a glorified Walmart, with cheap products from China.

Cheerios are from China?

G did not mention the name of his local grocery store.

Over there they are called 'Cheelios'.

all your trying to do btw is trying to justify why you shop at Walmart

millions are free to shop wherever they want and so many end up at WalMart that it is about the biggest company in America. THere might be 20 million other retailers in America all of whom wish they could grow like WalMart has. Why? Walmart makes us all richer with its low prices. That's their business plan and it makes sense to most Americans, because most Americans want to be richer.

and to stupid to know you fucked youself by doing it and the country....

lower prices are actually better than higher prices. Everyone can figure out how to go into business and charge higher prices. Think about it before you write.

Walmart makes us all richer with its low prices. That's their business plan and it makes sense to most Americans, because most Americans want to be richer.
Yeah, a bunch of executives were sitting around the headquarters writing their business plan on the whiteboard when one guy said "I think our goal should be to make all our shoppers richer" and they all nodded in agreement. Yup, cross off all that stuff about profit boys, we want to make others richer.

Everyone can figure out how to go into business and charge higher prices. Think about it before you write.
I'm almost jealous of you.... it must be wonderful to see the world thru the eyes of a child.

Walmart makes us all richer with its low prices. That's their business plan and it makes sense to most Americans, because most Americans want to be richer.
Yeah, a bunch of executives were sitting around the headquarters writing their business plan on the whiteboard when one guy said "I think our goal should be to make all our shoppers richer" and they all nodded in agreement. Yup, cross off all that stuff about profit boys, we want to make others richer.

dear, the beauty of Republican capitalism is that you make profit by making other's richer with lower prices and or higher quality.
Its a win win. Get it now? The invisible hand makes us all richer and richer. Got it now??

I am thrilled for Costcos succes.

I thought to liberals all corporations are evil?

That is what Marx taught them to parrot. Next time they are sick let them get a CAT scan machine made by the Girl Scouts rather than General Electric. If Marx had taught them to hate their mother's they would do that too!.

No matter how many liberals own corporations, no matter how many corporations receive help from Dems, no matter how many liberal millionares there are. The Brain washing was so effective that you seem confused at how reality can be different than the talking points you've been fed.

No matter how many liberals own corporations, no matter how many corporations receive help from Dems, no matter how many liberal millionares there are. The Brain washing was so effective that you seem confused at how reality can be different than the talking points you've been fed.

David Frum referred to their condition as epistemic closure. :(

Never heard of it but it seems to fit:
The term "epistemic closure" has been used in US political debate to refer to the claim that the belief systems of political conservatives are closed systems of deduction, which cannot be affected by empirical evidence. This use of the term originated with blogger and commentator Julian Sanchez.[6][7] In this sense, "epistemic closure" is essentially an extreme form of confirmation bias.

Evidence that contradicts their talking points are ignored. So they can claim, without feeling stupid, that Liberals worship George Soros while also believing that liberals hate the rich. Obama is rich and a liberal while also believing that liberals hate the rich. They cant seem to understand facts.

but, but, that isn't supposed to happen in the right wingoverse!!! :eek:

487986_552156294806240_1574691154_n.jpg

What a terrible guy.

See Dave tried to deny the whole Repub fuzzy math about Higher pay will equal higher prices. Then when someone came in repeating that good ol GOP talking point is argument was just like a turtle on its back flailing away.

Costco, according to their fuzzy math, should have the highest prices in the US. But they don't, proving once again they are full of shit

Like most leftists, you're a fucking idiot.

If you want to know what the basis of Walmart is, simply educate yourself.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sam-Walton-Made-America-ebook/dp/B008ZPG704/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370283682&sr=8-1&keywords=Sam+Walton]Amazon.com: Sam Walton: Made In America eBook: Sam Walton, John Huey: Kindle Store[/ame]

But no, you'll spew what the Soros Hate Sites tell you, rather than to do a little research and learn basic facts.

I'm almost jealous of you.... it must be wonderful to see the world thru the eyes of a child.

Irony lives.

Leftists don't hate the rich - leftists thrive in a culture of corruption and encourage wealth at the expense of others. Promotion of a pseudo aristocracy is the goal of the left. 99% of resources in the hands of a well connected looter class that is one and the same as the governing class. General Motors, General Electric, Goldman Sachs, et al. are virtual extensions of the democratic party.

Leftists hate the middle class, the bourgeoisie.

Forum List

Back