🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Could the Democratic Party be looking at the "Perfect Storm?"

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
I really think that events are adding up to a "Perfect Storm" for the Democrats to succeed in November. Here is why:

-Trump will be the GOP Nominee. There is no way the establishment will be able to stop him, and if they do, Donald runs as Third Party. The Dems will crush the GOP and win the Senate in either case. Trump is polling 16% among Hispanic voters and less than 20% of the Black vote. He will need 90-100% of a shrinking white vote to win the White House. The GOP knows this and they and frantic.

-The obstruction that the GOP is blatantly illustrating to all voters concerning the Supreme Court appointment will finally convince voters that the Republican Party is a party of "NO!" 2 out of 3 people feel that the Senate needs to hold hearings and confirm Obama's nominee.

These are two HUGE considerations that will play a big part in what happens in November. The Dems should win the White House and the Senate back easily. And with Phrumo as the face of the GOP, the GOP will lose a HUGE number of seats in the House.

Hence, THE PERFECT STORM...

Pretty much accurate methinks, except that it's possible the RP does not (can not) stop Rump from taking its nomination and that spurs a third party run with a genuine conservative -- either way we get three major candidates, which has the same siphoning effect. As Ross Perot put it, a giant sucking sound.

The Republican Party is undergoing the same familial schism that the Democratic Party went through in the 1960s. Back then it was Wallace playing the part of Rump. In both cases they need(ed) the same thing --- eventually you have to take out the trash, or it starts to stink.

Pretty much accurate methinks, except that it's possible the RP does not (can not) stop Rump from taking its nomination and that spurs a third party run with a genuine conservative -- either way we get three major candidates, which has the same siphoning effect. As Ross Perot put it, a giant sucking sound.

The Republican Party is undergoing the same familial schism that the Democratic Party went through in the 1960s. Back then it was Wallace playing the part of Rump. In both cases they need(ed) the same thing --- eventually you have to take out the trash, or it starts to stink.

Yup, I would say in a couple of years the GOP will look back on 2016 as the Bad Old Days. As I said in an earlier thread, "Trump has the GOP by the short hairs and it is getting more painful every day."

The ship sank & everyone died in the Perfect Storm.

Is this your idea of a good thing? The sinking of our nation? Oh wait.... yall elected Obama twice.

I really think that events are adding up to a "Perfect Storm" for the Democrats to succeed in November. Here is why:

-Trump will be the GOP Nominee. There is no way the establishment will be able to stop him, and if they do, Donald runs as Third Party. The Dems will crush the GOP and win the Senate in either case. Trump is polling 16% among Hispanic voters and less than 20% of the Black vote. He will need 90-100% of a shrinking white vote to win the White House. The GOP knows this and they and frantic.

-The obstruction that the GOP is blatantly illustrating to all voters concerning the Supreme Court appointment will finally convince voters that the Republican Party is a party of "NO!" 2 out of 3 people feel that the Senate needs to hold hearings and confirm Obama's nominee.

These are two HUGE considerations that will play a big part in what happens in November. The Dems should win the White House and the Senate back easily. And with Phrumo as the face of the GOP, the GOP will lose a HUGE number of seats in the House.

Obama won 70% of the Hispanic vote in 2012 and that represented 10% of the vote. If Trump is polling at half of that and that carries into the ballot box,

that's 5 percentage points that Romney got that Trump won't.

Is this your idea of a good thing? The sinking of our nation? Oh wait.... yall elected Obama twice.

And what were the alternatives?

Oopsie. Didn't think of that didja?

The dems need to realize their young voters aren't appeased by corporatism. What is happening to the GOP will happen to the dems as well.
People are tired of you guys bullshit. Not everyone American wants to live in a third world shithole

I agree

I also think Trump has alienated most mainstream Republicans. While they may give him reluctant endorsements, they will not pound the pavement and get out the vote in their states. While most Republicans (other than some women) will not vote Hillary, they will not come to the polls in large numbers. Romney had a big drop off in voters from McCain. I expect Trump to lose even more

It will be interesting to see the FoxNews impact. As a rule, they throw softballs to the Republican candidate while they trash the Democrat 24/7. Trump has burned his bridges with Fox management.....he should get lukewarm support at best

And the ship stormed through the W years and steams ahead.

I agree

I also think Trump has alienated most mainstream Republicans. While they may give him reluctant endorsements, they will not pound the pavement and get out the vote in their states. While most Republicans (other than some women) will not vote Hillary, they will not come to the polls in large numbers. Romney had a big drop off in voters from McCain. I expect Trump to lose even more

It will be interesting to see the FoxNews impact. As a rule, they throw softballs to the Republican candidate while they trash the Democrat 24/7. Trump has burned his bridges with Fox management.....he should get lukewarm support at best
I think that's the winner. While the dems have probably a better than 50-50 chance of taking the senate if Donald is the gop nominee, and I suspect in the end he will be, still the only way the dems take the House is if historic (perfect storm) numbers of gopers stay home in gerrymandered House districts.

And having nothing to do with partisan bs, as a nation we have to demand that redistricting be done non-partisan. This is killing us.

If nothing else Trump is proving that the GOP platform of the last 20 years is obsolete.
And THAT is why I voted for him in my primary. I'm so focking sick of Norquist's snake oil about balancing the budget without tax hikes, I'd rather see Bernie "Harold Wilson" Sanders win that another one of these whores ..... and Yeah Ted Cruz's wife is one of them.

If nothing else Trump is proving that the GOP platform of the last 20 years is obsolete.

He has many scratching their heads. No one has ever seen a clueless candidate as Phrump. As I heard on NPR this am, the real concern should be WHO supports Phrump, rather than Phrump himself. Scary to think that they "Walk Among Us."

I agree

I think that's the winner. While the dems have probably a better than 50-50 chance of taking the senate if Donald is the gop nominee, and I suspect in the end he will be, still the only way the dems take the House is if historic (perfect storm) numbers of gopers stay home in gerrymandered House districts.

And having nothing to do with partisan bs, as a nation we have to demand that redistricting be done non-partisan. This is killing us.

I really doubt the Dems can take the House. The GOP gerrymander is too strong

The only way is if Trumps coattails are really, really short and it is obvious a week before the election, that Hillary is looking at a landslide. In that case, dejected Republicans stay home in large numbers and all seats go up for grabs

Most people probably don't give a shit about the obstruction of the Supreme Court nominee. They will have forgotten all about it by November. They have memories like that of goldfish. I bet less than ten percent could even tell you his name right now.

If Trump is the GOP nominee, a lot of Cruz, Kasich, Bush, and Rubio voters will stay home. If anyone but Trump is the nominee, a lot of Trump voters will stay home.

But...if Clinton is the Democratic nominee, a lot of Sanders voters will stay home.

Regardless of who is the nominee, a lot of Americans have already decided to stay home.

As I have been saying for years, the political landscape has become so toxic that elections are now decided by which party pissed off the least number of their own voters.

Each party has a hard central core who will always vote for the party's nominee, no matter who it is. Their party's nominee could be caught throwing live puppies into rush hour traffic, and they will still vote for him.

A small minority of Americans self-identify as Democrats. An even smaller minority self-identify as Republicans. And fewer and fewer of those minorities are voting any more.

The nature of rubes, though, is that their lack of intelligence is more than made up for by energy. The retard horde shows up at the polls in disproportionate numbers, and thus have an out of balance influence on the electoral process.

So the strategy of both parties these days is to forget about trying to win over the intelligent voters. Their focus is now on the hardcore passionate rabble.

Trump exploits this truth like many a huckster in history. The party elite have long felt they need to pander to these flaming idiots, but they never had the demagogic audacity of a Trump who has stripped all the pretense of "code words" from his rhetoric.

The difference between the horrific Trump and and the corrupt Clinton is the way they are perceived by the rubes. Clinton's stains and warts are plainly visible after a quarter century of relentless attacks have eroded her protective layer. Trump's glaring sarcomas, however, are still concealed by his newness and thick cover of gloss.

But like all slick cons, Trump's game depends on momentum and a lot of fast talk. All cons depend on the rapidity of the ripoff before the rube catches on.

There is a time limit to Trump's gambit.

Will it last to November? Who knows. Every time I think the rubes are finally going to catch on, they prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back