Could the Oregon massacre have been prevented?

And get this. I just heard because of this Progressive/democrat administration they are getting ready to release 100, 000 CRIMINALS from the jails on us starting in a few weeks. so people better start stocking up on ammo I guess. we can't get them to protect us any other way
The OP fails to bring up one very LARGE point. It is the DEMOCRATS that have BLOCKED uploading state and federal mental health records in to the insta check system citing privacy rights of the mentally ill.

If those records were allowed he would NOT have gotten his guns legally.

Really? Can you provide some "credible" proof?

Possibly - because the shooter had documented learning and/or emotional issues. He was also discharged from Army basic training after only one month.

Christopher Harper-Mercer, 26, killed nine people at Umpqua Community College in Oregon, where he was a student. He was armed with six guns, including a Glock pistol, a Smith & Wesson pistol, a Taurus pistol and a Del-Ton assault rifle, according to The Associated Press.

Mr. Harper-Mercer was in the Army for one month, but was discharged before completing basic training.

He graduated from the Switzer Learning Center in Torrance, Calif., which teaches students with learning disabilities and emotional issues.

BEFORE SHOOTING
In all, Mr. Harper-Mercer owned 14 firearms, all of which were bought legally through a federally licensed firearms dealer, a federal official said Friday. Some were bought by Mr. Harper-Mercer, and some by members of his family.

OCT. 1, 2015
He killed nine people in Roseburg, Ore.

Criminal histories and documented mental health problems did not prevent at least eight of the gunmen in 14 recent mass shootings from obtaining their weapons, after federal background checks led to approval of the purchases of the guns used.

More: How They Got Their Guns

The above also highlights the fact that universal background checks are only effective if the federal NICS system is fed accurate, current, and relevant information.

Bis die Gesetzgebung verändert wird, sehe ich ganz wenig Hoffnung....

A German Public Service Announcement | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

If all the loons were locked up and the key thrown away, the mass shootings would stop, and we'd no longer have progressive internet trolls.
I wonder when "progressive" became a bad word to you dumb cons?

I agree! I would welcome some intelligent response to the OP.

Armed guards.
Gun free zones have this certain shortcoming ....

We must be like a third world country needing armed guards everywhere.

Have government supplied girlfriends for all the pajama boys that can't get laid.

Oregon Shooter's Mother Wrote About Guns In Online Forum

Investigators say Harper-Mercer's mother has told them the son was struggling with some mental health issues.

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The mother of a gunman who killed nine people and himself at an Oregon community college allowed her troubled son to have guns and acknowledged in online posts that he struggled with autism, but she didn't seem to know he was potentially violent.

The online writings by Laurel Harper date from a year ago to nine years ago and offer fresh insight into the gunman, 26-year-old Christopher Harper-Mercer, and his relationship with his mother.

The Associated Press didn't speak with Harper about the online postings; a knock on her door went unanswered Tuesday, and her phone's voicemail box was full. However, the postings included an email address that is linked to Harper.

She and Harper-Mercer shared an apartment outside Roseburg. Investigators have recovered 14 firearms — six found at Umpqua Community College, where the killings occurred, and eight at the apartment. Neighbors of the mother and son in California, where they lived before moving to Oregon in 2013, have said the two went target shooting together.

Investigators say Harper-Mercer's mother has told them the son was struggling with some mental health issues.

In her online postings, Laurel Harper talked about her love of guns and her son's emotional troubles, but there are no hints of worry that he could become violent.

"I keep two full mags in my Glock case. And the ARs & AKs all have loaded mags. No one will be 'dropping' by my house uninvited without acknowledgement," reads a 3-year-old posting.

She was referring to a Glock handgun and to military-style rifles. A Glock and a military-style rifle were among the weapons seized after the Roseburg shooting rampage.

Laurel Harper wrote in another posting: "I love the long guns & I have an AK-47 en route." She complained about gun-control efforts in "lame states."

She posted several times that her son had Asperger's syndrome, a mild form of autism.

More: Oregon Shooter's Mother Wrote About Guns In Online Forum

Struggling with mental health issues? Asperger's syndrome? Autism? Holy shit, this nut was a ticking time bomb - and his gun nut mother was too fucking dumb to see it - or acknowledge it. The shooter was like a poster boy for universal background checks (see OP).

Last edited:

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The mother of a gunman who killed nine people and himself at an Oregon community college allowed her troubled son to have guns and acknowledged in online posts that he struggled with autism, but she didn't seem to know he was potentially violent.

The online writings by Laurel Harper date from a year ago to nine years ago and offer fresh insight into the gunman, 26-year-old Christopher Harper-Mercer, and his relationship with his mother.

The Associated Press didn't speak with Harper about the online postings; a knock on her door went unanswered Tuesday, and her phone's voicemail box was full. However, the postings included an email address that is linked to Harper.

She and Harper-Mercer shared an apartment outside Roseburg. Investigators have recovered 14 firearms — six found at Umpqua Community College, where the killings occurred, and eight at the apartment. Neighbors of the mother and son in California, where they lived before moving to Oregon in 2013, have said the two went target shooting together.

In her online postings, Laurel Harper talked about her love of guns and her son's emotional troubles, but there are no hints of worry that he could become violent.

"I keep two full mags in my Glock case. And the ARs & AKs all have loaded mags. No one will be 'dropping' by my house uninvited without acknowledgement," reads a 3-year-old posting.

She was referring to a Glock handgun and to military-style rifles. A Glock and a military-style rifle were among the weapons seized after the Roseburg shooting rampage.

Laurel Harper wrote in another posting: "I love the long guns & I have an AK-47 en route." She complained about gun-control efforts in "lame states."

She posted several times that her son had Asperger's syndrome, a mild form of autism.

Struggling with mental health issues? Asperger's syndrome? Autism? Holy shit, this nut was a ticking time bomb - and his gun nut mother was too fucking dumb to see it - or acknowledge it. The shooter was like a poster boy for universal background checks (see OP).

Well that is at least two gun nut mom's who created child killing monsters.

The mother should have known she had a disturbed son on her hands, and she should have made damn sure that as long as he lived in her house the guns were kept far from this little freak.

A class full of Carry owners would have put that black terrorist muslim scum down with a minimum of death to others!

36278-Christian%20Killing%20Motive%20Mystery.jpg

A class full of Carry owners would have put that black terrorist muslim scum down with a minimum of death to others!

So why didn't they. Concealed carry is legal in Oregon. At least one vet said he was carrying - but didn't use it.

So why didn't they. Concealed carry is legal in Oregon. At least one vet said he was carrying - but didn't use it.

I would be willing to bet, because of all the BLACK PROBLEMS when a white JUSTIFIABLY shoots a black, he, along with family and friends are automatically targeted by the THUGERY, ...THAT ALONE would be enough to make one think twice, perhaps even 3 times.... You'll have to watch and see what the GUN CARRIER says was his reasons for NOT killing that piece of shit on the spot!

Dont forget he blabbed he was up to something and nothing was done....by anyone......including DHS

She said she suffered from Aspergers too. This was an accident waiting to happen.

This woman has a lot to answer for. She may end up wishing her unhinged son shot her too - like Adam Lanza shot his gun nut mother.

If all the loons were locked up and the key thrown away, the mass shootings would stop, and we'd no longer have progressive internet trolls.

Armed guards.

I know you prefer the other outcome ......it fits your narrative.

Armed guards.

I know you prefer the other outcome ......it fits your narrative.
While ignoring the fact that it's unimprisoned criminals that create third world countries....not law abiding citizens.

Possibly - because the shooter had documented learning and/or emotional issues. He was also discharged from Army basic training after only one month.

Christopher Harper-Mercer, 26, killed nine people at Umpqua Community College in Oregon, where he was a student. He was armed with six guns, including a Glock pistol, a Smith & Wesson pistol, a Taurus pistol and a Del-Ton assault rifle, according to The Associated Press.

Mr. Harper-Mercer was in the Army for one month, but was discharged before completing basic training.

He graduated from the Switzer Learning Center in Torrance, Calif., which teaches students with learning disabilities and emotional issues.

BEFORE SHOOTING
In all, Mr. Harper-Mercer owned 14 firearms, all of which were bought legally through a federally licensed firearms dealer, a federal official said Friday. Some were bought by Mr. Harper-Mercer, and some by members of his family.

OCT. 1, 2015
He killed nine people in Roseburg, Ore.

Criminal histories and documented mental health problems did not prevent at least eight of the gunmen in 14 recent mass shootings from obtaining their weapons, after federal background checks led to approval of the purchases of the guns used.

More: How They Got Their Guns

The above also highlights the fact that universal background checks are only effective if the federal NICS system is fed accurate, current, and relevant information.
With gun control?? No, Washington redskin

Forum List

Back