Could Trump Be Doing Irreversable Damage To The GOP?

Perhaps you are in complete denial about what is happening with the Trump movement. It has nothing to do with establishment GOP. It has everything to do with taking power away from misguided subversive Liberals like Obama and his dim bulb stooge Hillary.

Perhaps that is what the 'Trump movement' is about to you, but there are plenty of people who have said time and again they are getting behind Trump very specifically because they oppose the GOP establishment and the DC establishment in general, and they feel Trump is not a part of it.

You've got bripat talking about Paul Ryan as an establishment RINO in this thread, in fact.

579d2d712a0000fa01fb3c22.jpeg

Just when you thought he couldn’t sink any lower.

Donald Trump Goes After Grieving Mother Of Killed American Soldier

Trump is an evil, heartless pig.

What an absolute scumbag. It's almost as if there isn't anyone who he wouldn't figure out a way to insult somehow.

This from the same gang of scumbags who went after the mother of one of Hillary's Benghazi victims. The difference is that Hillary actually has culpability whereas Trump has none.

579d2d712a0000fa01fb3c22.jpeg

Just when you thought he couldn’t sink any lower.

Donald Trump Goes After Grieving Mother Of Killed American Soldier

Trump is an evil, heartless pig.

What an absolute scumbag. It's almost as if there isn't anyone who he wouldn't figure out a way to insult somehow.

This from the same gang of scumbags who went after the mother of one of Hillary's Benghazi victims. The difference is that Hillary actually has culpability whereas Trump has none.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Muzzie was an infiltrator. In any event, the mom did not speak because the muzzies don't like their women to think they get such rights.

Ryan is not a RINO, dumbass. He's a thousand times closer to what the GOP stands for than Trump. Ryan's biggest problem is that he lets people push him around. My respect level for him would skyrocket if he recanted on his endorsement of Trump.

Yes he is, he's GOPe, he's a big government 'conservative'. We don't want his kind.

If they are going to have to rely on Paul Ryan and Pence to save the party in the future, then they truly are screwed.

Ryan is one of the establishment RINOs who is destroying this party. That's why he is hanging on for dear life in his primary campaign.

Ryan is not a RINO, dumbass. He's a thousand times closer to what the GOP stands for than Trump. Ryan's biggest problem is that he lets people push him around. My respect level for him would skyrocket if he recanted on his endorsement of Trump.

He rubber stamped Obama's agenda. He funded Obama's illegal amnesty, his Syrian refugees, Obamacare and Sanctuary cities. He's also an open borders douche bag, just like you.

If they are going to have to rely on Paul Ryan and Pence to save the party in the future, then they truly are screwed.

Ryan is one of the establishment RINOs who is destroying this party. That's why he is hanging on for dear life in his primary campaign.

He rubber stamped Obama's agenda. He funded Obama's illegal amnesty, his Syrian refugees, Obamacare and Sanctuary cities. He's also an open borders douche bag, just like you.

And yet he endorses Trump. Interesting, that.

And yet he endorses Trump. Interesting, that.
Only after he watched his poll numbers plummeting.

He's a RINO. The fact that douche bags like you like him is proof enough of that.

He's a RINO. The fact that douche bags like you like him is proof enough of that.

I don't like him. In fact, I have zero respect for him. Anyone who endorses Trump is lower than dirt in my opinion.

I don't like him. In fact, I have zero respect for him. Anyone who endorses Trump is lower than dirt in my opinion.

No one cares who you like or don't like because you're obviously an imbecile.

I hope so. The Neocon infestation of the both parties requires total extermination.

Today's Republicans are Democrat-lite and the Democrats are GOP-lite.

So yeah, I hope he burns the party down to the ground.

Moreso than Trump age will effect the makeup of at least the Senate in the next 8 years. There are 5 prominent republicans that will either die or retire. With Roberts, Inhof, Shlby, Hatch and and Grassly 80ys and older change will be coming with or without Trump.

When you have the ultimate authoritarian tyrant become the face of the GOP, he can only be doing extreme damage to the party. The main reason why the GOP is so divided is because real conservatives recognize that he doesn't accurately reflect the principles of the Republican party. They are currently outnumbered by other Republicans who have essentially moved extremely far to the right.

But what will the long term effects be of nominating Trump? Trump's most replayed soundbites will reverberate for years, being firmly implanted into the American consciousness for the foreseeable future. The very things Trump says will cause certain associations to the GOP to grow even stronger, ie., that they are the party of bigotry, hatred, authoritarianism, and so on. He is essentially damaging their reputation far more than the dems ever could.

It seems to me that Trump is putting the final nails into a damaged and confused party. Not that I give a shit, this is great entertainment.

Unfortunately he already has. The Republican party is no longer the party of Lincoln or Reagan--they have been dragged into this Reich wing arena since the tea party was formed in 2008/2009 The damage showed up in 2012 when the extreme Evangelical right wanted to make the political platform about abortion, that then went into who's going to pay for birth control pills, and what is legal legitimate rape questions. Women went running into Obama's column by double digits, younger women by 36 points, which is what secured a 2nd term for Obama. Romney's fate was sealed long before he even became the nominee.
Why Romney Lost And Republicans Keep Losing
The GOP's woman problem goes beyond Trump
Gender Gap in 2012 Vote Is Largest in Gallup's History

In 2016 they're even more radical. They're reminiscent of an all white angry hateful mob that came right out of the 1960's civil rights movement. Their platform is even more extreme, full of social U.S. Supreme Court issues, and now a 4 thousand mile wall (1,000 wasn't good enough) on the Southern border. They nominated a candidate who has no respect, no honor, no dignity and the only loyalty he's ever shown to anyone, is himself. A candidate that is so incompetent, so unqualified, that Leon Panetta, former CIA Chief, and Secretary of Defense, states that Trump would be the most dangerous candidate on National Security that this nation has ever had. For the first time in 60 years Republicans are losing the white educated vote.
Trump May Become The First Republican In 60 Years To Lose White College Graduates
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/opinion/the-most-extreme-republican-platform-in-memory.html?_r=1

The problem for the Republican party, is that the overwhelming majority of them are moderates, and in no way will vote to install an emotionally unstable male drama queen to be Commander & Chief of this country. So this group of Republicans will be voting for Hillary Clinton, sit this one out, or do a write-in. Millions will leave the Republican party for good over this, if they haven't already. I have already changed my party status. I have been a life-long Republican and this party no longer represents me anymore.

I will be following the advice of a long time friend of Ronald Reagan and former staffer, Doug Elmets. For the 1st time in my life I will be voting for a democrat--Hillary Clinton.

As for the future--I believe the Republican party after this election will be reduced to an all white, mostly male, angry ignorant focus group. Moderate Republicans will be forced to vote for blue dog Democrats as it was in the 30's 40's 50's.

Republican's just can't seem to get it together. They're great at division, & somewhere between 2008 and now, they forgot how to add, which makes them perfect targets for election loss's all the way down the ballot.

th

Last edited:
When you have the ultimate authoritarian tyrant become the face of the GOP, he can only be doing extreme damage to the party. The main reason why the GOP is so divided is because real conservatives recognize that he doesn't accurately reflect the principles of the Republican party. They are currently outnumbered by other Republicans who have essentially moved extremely far to the right.

But what will the long term effects be of nominating Trump? Trump's most replayed soundbites will reverberate for years, being firmly implanted into the American consciousness for the foreseeable future. The very things Trump says will cause certain associations to the GOP to grow even stronger, ie., that they are the party of bigotry, hatred, authoritarianism, and so on. He is essentially damaging their reputation far more than the dems ever could.

It seems to me that Trump is putting the final nails into a damaged and confused party. Not that I give a shit, this is great entertainment.

After HW, HW, Dole, W, W, McCain and Romney, to blame the demise of the Republican party on Trump is preposterous

Unfortunately he already has. The Republican party is no longer the party of Lincoln or Reagan--they have been dragged into this Reich wing arena since the tea party was formed in 2008/2009 The damage showed up in 2012 when the extreme Evangelical right wanted to make the political platform about abortion, that then went into who's going to pay for birth control pills, and what is legal legitimate rape questions. Women went running into Obama's column by double digits, younger women by 36 points, which is what secured a 2nd term for Obama. Romney's fate was sealed long before he even became the nominee.
Why Romney Lost And Republicans Keep Losing
The GOP's woman problem goes beyond Trump
Gender Gap in 2012 Vote Is Largest in Gallup's History

In 2016 they're even more radical. They're reminiscent of an all white angry hateful mob that came right out of the 1960's civil rights movement. Their platform is even more extreme, full of social U.S. Supreme Court issues, and now a 4 thousand mile wall (1,000 wasn't good enough) on the Southern border. They nominated a candidate who has no respect, no honor, no dignity and the only loyalty he's ever shown to anyone, is himself. A candidate that is so incompetent, so unqualified, that Leon Panetta, former CIA Chief, and Secretary of Defense, states that Trump would be the most dangerous candidate on National Security that this nation has ever had.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/opinion/the-most-extreme-republican-platform-in-memory.html?_r=1

The problem for the Republican party, is that the overwhelming majority of them are moderates, and in no way will vote to install an emotionally unstable male drama queen to be Commander & Chief of this country. So this group of Republicans will be voting for Hillary Clinton, sit this one out, or do a write-in. Millions will leave the Republican party for good over this, if they haven't already. I have already changed my party status. I have been a life-long Republican and this party no longer represents me anymore.

I will be following the advice of a long time friend of Ronald Reagan and former staffer, Doug Elmets. For the 1st time in my life I will be voting for a democrat--Hillary Clinton.

As for the future--I believe the Republican party after this election will be reduced to an all white, mostly male, angry ignorant focus group. Moderate Republicans will be forced to vote for blue dog Democrats as it was in the 30's 40's 50's.

Republican's just can't seem to get it together. They're great at division, & somewhere between 2008 and now, they forgot how to add.

th

<YAWN!>

Republican's just can't seem to get it together. They're great at division, & somewhere between 2008 and now, they forgot how to add, which makes them perfect targets for election loss's all the way down the ballot.

Yes, I can see Dick Cheney, Carl Rove and Rupert Murdoch all sitting in a room filled with empty seats covered in cobwebs, trying to reinvent mathematics so "this time our horrible candidate can win!" ..."by golly!"..

Forum List

Back