Coulda Had a Pipeline

So the idea is not to be energy independent? Again also, Trump said we were so why do we need Canadian oil?
Excess pushes the price of energy down even further (and we process oil into gas for profit.)

Overnight, the White House has been briefing on the energy shortages issue, with a "senior administration official" saying that President Biden is going to use his meetings at the G20 to ask oil and gas producers to raise output.

Trump purposely made America energy independent, one of the most important and common sense accomplishments I have witnessed of any president.

The fact that the Dems now vigorously attack and handcuff US producers, then go begging to international suppliers to make up the resulting shortage is utter insanity. To me, it is further clear proof that this climate fearmongering bullshit is ALL about crippling western economies and has nothing to do with real science.

If we were energy independent, what year or even month were we not the world's leading energy importer? Answer: NONE
More oil and gas riggs are operating in US fields than anytime since trump left office, yet we do not and never have had the world's largest reserves. If it is being sold on the international market and US based oil/gas companies are making huge profits, why should I worry about them making more, getting rid of our reserves quicker? Are they going to be worth less, during my lifetime. I doubt it.
I just cannot work up much panic for American oil and gas companies.
I have nothing against pipelines as long as not running through my backyard. The pipeline from Canada would have been great for Canada, but how did it benefit me, again? I was never clear on this point.

Excess pushes the price of energy down even further (and we process oil into gas for profit.)

There was an excess when oil went to near $150. There were tankers just sitting because there was nowhere to offload them.

So they just waited for Biden to take over and they all a sudden decided to get greedy? Got it.
No, they waited for the petroleum industry to bottom out in the market all thanks to Trump since our president controls the flow of oil it is Trump's fault when the industry stopped working.

The pipeline from Canada would have been great for Canada, but how did it benefit me, again? I was never clear on this point.
And China, as the Chinese own a large stake in the companies pulling that oil out of the ground in Canada.

And if you live in the Midwest, the pipeline completion would have raised your gas prices. Midwesterners enjoy a bit of a discount, because of the glut of oil at the terminus of the current pipeline.

I have never been able to figure this out. I've asked and asked with no reply. Trump said we were energy independent so how is not having a Canadian pipeline making so much difference?

If we were energy independent, why do we need Canadian oil?
It has nothing to do with that pipeline. Biden shut down Alaska and everything else. He intentionally crippled our oil industry everywhere in the US.

It has nothing to do with that pipeline. Biden shut down Alaska and everything else. He intentionally crippled our oil industry everywhere in the US.
Paranoid delusion. No, the idea of not being able to create a new oil rig in ten years off the Alaska coast is not driving prices now, ya dingleberry.

No, they waited for the petroleum industry to bottom out in the market all thanks to Trump since our president controls the flow of oil it is Trump's fault when the industry stopped working.
You're delusional, the price started to go up when biden cut the pipeline. Stopped drilling on federal lands and any other green incentive measures he could take.

we have been treated to two months of your bitching about fuel prices. Are we supposed to ignore your whining about the economy,
The economy was artificially slow because of the lockdowns

At first the lockdowns were understandable

Even repubs did it for a few months

But after that it was all lib democrat insanity some of which still exists today

I wasn't saying, I was stating a fact.
haha, oh yes, I know. That's how you stay slippery. Claim you weren't actually making any point. But that comes with the downside of admitting that you are a cackling loudmouth who is not actually making any points. A sacrifice you seem willing to make, instead of trying to support the assertions you were obviously implying. Tired parlor trick that all conmen use.

The economy was artificially slow because of the lockdowns

At first the lockdowns were understandable

Even repubs did it for a few months

But after that it was all lib democrat insanity some of which still exists today
That's very stupid. The reasoning behind the lockdowns was always sound. Our big mistake was not using the initial lockdowns properly to buy time for universal testing and contact tracing programs to be in place, once they were lifted. That was, of course, because of the utter failure in leadership known as the stain of the trump presidency.

Furthermore, your paranoid fantasies are shown to be exactly that by the facts. Between May and July of this year, ALL 50 States completely reopened at what they saw was the first good opportunity to do so. All the blue =States and all the Red States. So even a child can see the silliness of your paranoid fantasies.

Has prices at the pump have increased by about one third since biden took office

They have. The prices were so low though not because of Trump but because the world had shut down over Covid. All the same, if nothing brings prices down the Democrats will get the blame.

Forum List

Back