Counters to PROJECT REASON

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
In a previous post, I had countered the 1st supposed "contradiction" - here it the 2nd on the list from Project Reason:

2. Was Abraham justified by faith or by works? (Rom 4:2 and Jam 2:21)

While Paul and James are both using “justified” to mean “declared righteous”, they’re talking about two different events. Paul is talking about God declaring a sinner righteous (not guilty) when they initially put their trust in Jesus because Jesus has taken the punishment in their place. James is talking about God declaring that a sinner is righteous (not guilty) at the end of their life because their good works show that they have put their trust in Jesus.
In other words, our justification now (God declaring us right with him) on the basis of Jesus’ death always leads to good works, which will lead to our justification (God declaring us right with him) on the last day.

In a previous post, I had countered the 1st supposed "contradiction" - here it the 2nd on the list from Project Reason:

2. Was Abraham justified by faith or by works? (Rom 4:2 and Jam 2:21)

While Paul and James are both using “justified” to mean “declared righteous”, they’re talking about two different events. Paul is talking about God declaring a sinner righteous (not guilty) when they initially put their trust in Jesus because Jesus has taken the punishment in their place. James is talking about God declaring that a sinner is righteous (not guilty) at the end of their life because their good works show that they have put their trust in Jesus.
In other words, our justification now (God declaring us right with him) on the basis of Jesus’ death always leads to good works, which will lead to our justification (God declaring us right with him) on the last day.

Another thought: Jesus came to help us understand the love of the Father, that He treats the guilty as though they are innocent. Christ taught that for a fulfilling and eternal life, turn from wrong-doing to God. Love Him and love your fellowman. As long as body, mind, and soul are focused on Him, God will welcome the individual as a just man. Sins are forgiven.

I pass on the doctrine that the Father, filled with wrath by our sins, arranged to have the Son born and crucified, and that good men must also believe in Jesus or be doomed. Jesus messages was about clearing away this vision of doom. We see this because from the beginning Jesus taught, "Your sins ARE forgiven," not, "Your sins will be forgiven after I die for you."

Think about it. People today get just as angry as people in Jesus' time when this view of God is presented. In Jesus' time it was, "No! One must be Jew! One must have priests sacrifice animals and grains!" Today we hear, "No! One must be Christian! One must believe that God's wrath over sin was so great Jesus HAD to be sacrificed!"

Why not just consider Jesus' words, the words we hear from Genesis throughout scripture: Turn from wrong-doing. Love God, love your fellow man. Do what is righteous. Your sins are forgiven.

Please don't get me wrong. I believe in Christ with all my heart, and know my life has the beauty it has, the beauty it would not have had, had I not believed. However, I firmly believe we need to present Jesus' message--not to mention his life, death, and resurrection--correctly. Invite people to Jesus, and don't threaten.

Proof you are being taught Satanism;
Quote:
"As long as body, mind, and soul are focused on Him"
Focusing on an idol makes you see no fault in the teachings, makes you reject good outside rhat focus while accepting evil affiliated with the idol. Makes you blind to truth from outside, blind to prophets and prophecy and Even Bible and laws.
Places idol above Creator/creation.
WATCHING THE WIZZARD you never notice who's behind the curtain using that image to speak through, nor do you notice how it's harming humanity.

Proof you are being taught Satanism;
Quote:
"As long as body, mind, and soul are focused on Him"
Focusing on an idol makes you see no fault in the teachings, makes you reject good outside rhat focus while accepting evil affiliated with the idol. Makes you blind to truth from outside, blind to prophets and prophecy and Even Bible and laws.
Places idol above Creator/creation.
WATCHING THE WIZZARD you never notice who's behind the curtain using that image to speak through, nor do you notice how it's harming humanity.

There are 2 great commandments - Loving God and Loving Others.
Ultimately, you are to love God but loving others is very close behind, because God loves us.

3. How many sons did Abraham have? (Heb 11:17, Gen 22:2 and Gen 16:15, 21:2-3, 25:1-2, 4:22

Abram was the father of Ishmael, then as a reminder of God's promise, he was renamed Abraham, so Abraham's first son was Isaac. You might find this silly because it is the same guy, but I find it just as silly to use technicalities like these to claim contradictions in the Bible. It is true that Abram/Abraham had two sons at the time when he is referred to having only one son. The Bible is not meant to be taken literally in all instances --for example, Jesus said that he was the door, and clearly he was not a literal door!

Ultimately, you are to love God but loving others is very close behind, because God loves us.
Jesus hated families (Luke 8:19-21,Luke 14:26,33,Luke 18:29-30, Matt 10:34-37), hated life (1 John 2:15-17) and this earth and mankind (2 Peter 3:10, Mat 10: 34-40 & Thomas 16, 2 Thessalonians 1:8), hated the Pharisee , hated Woman (1 Cor. 11, 1 Timothy 2:11-15 & all over the book of Thomas), hated his brethren (seen by what he caused to them), hated people with disabilities(Mark 9:14-19,Matt 9:32-33, 12:22 & Luke 11:14) hated gentiles (Matt15:26), hated his own chosen town of Capernaum (Mat.11:23), thus must not have Knoweth G-d according to 1John 4:8

Jesus hated families (Luke 8:19-21,Luke 14:26,33,Luke 18:29-30, Matt 10:34-37), hated life (1 John 2:15-17) and this earth and mankind (2 Peter 3:10, Mat 10: 34-40 & Thomas 16, 2 Thessalonians 1:8), hated the Pharisee , hated Woman (1 Cor. 11, 1 Timothy 2:11-15 & all over the book of Thomas), hated his brethren (seen by what he caused to them), hated people with disabilities(Mark 9:14-19,Matt 9:32-33, 12:22 & Luke 11:14) hated gentiles (Matt15:26), hated his own chosen town of Capernaum (Mat.11:23), thus must not have Knoweth G-d according to 1John 4:8

Jesus was incapable of hatred of people. Actions and/or sins? Yes.

Proper understanding of the scriptures and their true intent/meaning is important as a believer. Reading the Bible as an unbeliever, it will make no sense and will more likely than not, be misinterpreted (often times, willfully twisted to justify the unbelievers position)

Satan himself used scripture to try and tempt Jesus.

4. Was Abiathar the father or the son of Ahimelech? 1 Sam 22:20, 23:6 and 2 Sam 8:17, 1 Chron 18:16, 24:6

In 1 Chronicles 6 the names of the priests are repeated several times in the same family tree (e.g., the names of Elkanah, Ahitub, etc occur several times among the Levites). It is no surprise that two Abiathars and two Ahimelechs exist and live in the same time of King David and King Solomon.

It is not uncommon to find relatives, be it cousins, aunts, and uncles, and even fathers & sons, who happen to share the same names (not to mention middle names) amongst themselves

Quote:
"Proper understanding of the scriptures and their true intent/meaning is important as a believer."

Busted! You failed your own reasoning by not understanding the OT which made you a dupe for following Lucifer the first fallen Messiah instead of the Shiloh.
Your inability to be honest about your own text and rejecting your own text was just the cherry on top of your admission.
Now if we can ever get you guys to self reflect these things you claimto comprehend then we'd finally deprogran you of this Luciferous infatuation.

Forum List

Back