🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Couple fined for refusing to host gay wedding on their farm

This is what happens when courts make laws that are in direct opposition to what has been voted on by the masses.

This is what happens when courts make laws that are in direct opposition to what has been voted on by the masses.

New York State has never voted to outlaw gay marriage, it's supported by a significant margin in the state, and it was legalized by the state legislature, not the courts.

Not to mention, this particular incident was discussed ad nausuem on this board two years ago when it actually happened.

If the couple knew what the personal views of the farm owners were beforehand, then they had no right to expect a wedding. If they didn't. The lady owner told them there wasn't to be a wedding, they should have accepted that.

Did the owners take money and then declined when they realize it was fr a gay wedding?

Did the owners do this in a timely manner so that the couple could reschedule the event somewhere else on the same day planned?

Did the owners return the money taken in a timely manner, that is if money was exchanged?

I can see several scenarios in which the owners can be sued. Did any of them come up in this case?

This happened two years ago.

If the couple were still in the wedding business, they would be subject to the law now.

I read the story

It seemed like a setup. A private property that hold weddings as side business is seen as a "public accommodation" comes across a bit strange to me. I don't think you even need to invoke religious rights to beat that case.

You can probably state clearly "I'm a Homophobic bigot and this is my private property and I will do with it as I wish!!" and probably win.

The only problem I can see is if it is seen as a business --which is where the case will most likely focus on.

I read the story

It seemed like a setup. A private property that hold weddings as side business is seen as a "public accommodation" comes across a bit strange to me. I don't think you even need to invoke religious rights to beat that case.

You can probably state clearly "I'm a Homophobic bigot and this is my private property and I will do with it as I wish!!" and probably win.

The only problem I can see is if it is seen as a business --which is where the case will most likely focus on.

You tell me, does this look like a business to you?

Fall fun on the farm - Saratoga Fall Family Fun Pumpkin Picking Cornfield Maze

Forum List

Back