🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Court refuses to revive suit over Confederate Flag

Odium does not speak for black people, while people, or any sane human being.

The ruling will be appealed.

Odium does not speak for black people, while people, or any sane human being.

The ruling will be appealed.
Of course it will, someone will always claim to be butt hurt over it. And don't try to spin that into some racist statement, it's simply a matter of fact.

(No, I'm not sticking up for Odious)

I think you are sticking up for Odium, Ringel. :lol:
Let's take a look at that. The fight over this issue, like the fight over most political issues is emotive not logical.
We'll take your rational and apply it to me. My grandfather was an Injun (Native American to the emotionally insecure PC crowd), given what was done to the Indians in this country I could use the emotive appeal and see the Stars and Stripes as a symbol of hate and oppression (many do) and demand or even sue for it's removal. why don't I? Because I'm emotionally mature, I understand that the American flag like the Confederate battle flag means many different things to many people so it doesn't bother me.

Last edited:
Let's take a look at that. The fight over this issue, like the fight over most political issues is emotive not logical.
We'll take your rational and apply it to me. My grandfather was an Injun (Native American to the emotionally insecure PC crowd), given what was done to the Indians in this country I could use the emotive appeal and see the Stars and Stripes as a symbol of hate and oppression (many do) and demand or even sue for it's removal. why don't I? Because I'm emotionally mature, I understand that the American flag like the Confederate battle flag means many different things to many people so it doesn't bother me.
Your argument does not fly at all.

Not from an emotive perspective based on rationalizations, no..... If you remove the emotive from your argument then your argument falls apart.

Not from an emotive perspective based on rationalizations, no..... If you remove the emotive from your argument then your argument falls apart.
You are describing yourself, Ringle: emotive, non rational.

The history of the Confederate flag is a history of a part of America that reflects some of her worst people and beliefs.

To support the flag is irrational at best and indicative of anti-American motives at worst.

The history of the Confederate flag is a history of a part of America that reflects some of her worst people and beliefs.

To support the flag is irrational at best and indicative of anti-American motives at worst.
Mine is emotive? Really?

From a purely logical standpoint this is perspective based on emotive interpretations as not everyone agrees with your interpretation and I'm not simply referring to the minority of those supporters who appeal to the racist creed. Many see it as a symbol of resistance against tyranny, that was their ancestor's viewpoint.

Mine is emotive? Really?

From a purely logical standpoint this is perspective based on emotive interpretations as not everyone agrees with your interpretation and I'm not simply referring to the minority of those supporters who appeal to the racist creed. Many see it as a symbol of resistance against tyranny, that was their ancestor's viewpoint.
Only a person trapped by emotion would make your suggestion, Ringle.

The CSA banners are reflections of a society that wished to continue selling human flesh.

Mine is emotive? Really?

The CSA banners are reflections of a society that wished to continue selling human flesh.
You, got to be kidding me, the problem is you refuse to see your own. I'm not arguing for or against the flag/symbol, I'm simply stating fact based on history and cultural anthropology, not specifically modern emotive based biases.

Last edited:

Mine is emotive? Really?

You, got to be kidding me, the problem is you refuse to see your own. I'm not arguing for or against the flag/symbol, I'm simply stating fact based on history and cultural anthropology, not specifically modern emotive based biases.
I'm also NOT arguing morality, I'm not arguing the right or wrong of past or current events I'm simply observing and drawing obvious psychological and sociological conclusions.
Of course you had to reject my initial analogy as emotive, if you didn't that would mean my observations are correct and at least part of your argument/believe is emotive based, that's unacceptable to you as it would be to most people, it would mean you're fallible.
Oh and you can reject this a mere psychobabble also, I'd be surprised if you didn't. :dunno:

Ego Defense Mechanisms in Psychology 101 at AllPsych Online | AllPsych

Last edited:
Sad that there are still people so full of hatred that they want to fly the traitor flag
You mean the American flag which represents slave owners like Washington or Jefferson? Or the Maryland state flag, half of which was the Maryland secessionist battle flag? Where do you draw your intolerant fascist line?
No I mean the Northern Virginia confeferate battle rag which had all but disappeared until racists brought it back during their fight to deny black people basic human rights. You stupid ass fuck.

Mine is emotive? Really?

I'm also NOT arguing morality, I'm not arguing the right or wrong of past or current events I'm simply observing and drawing obvious psychological and sociological conclusions.
Of course you had to reject my initial analogy as emotive, if you didn't that would mean my observations are correct and at least part of your argument/believe is emotive based, that's unacceptable to you as it would be to most people, it would mean you're fallible.
Oh and you can reject this a mere psychobabble also, I'd be surprised if you didn't. :dunno:

You are arguing with yourself, not me. I merely pointed out the fact that the CSA flags, based on history and our culture, is a symbol of a society in which decent people would not want to live.

Mine is emotive? Really?

You are arguing with yourself, not me. I merely pointed out the fact that the CSA flags, based on history and our culture, is a symbol of a society in which decent people would not want to live.
You are arguing from a primarily modern one sided biased perspective, that's all I'm trying to show you.
Look up the definitions of perspective and emotive. :dunno:

Forum List

Back