🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Court refuses to revive suit over Confederate Flag

You are doing that, Ringel, not me. You don't get to make your own definitions and facts, and then expect others to accept them.

That is not reality.

Last edited:
You are doing that, Ringel, not me. You don't get to make your own definitions and facts, and then expect others to accept them.

That is not reality.
Like I said, I'd be surprised if you didn't. At least I know from a psychology standpoint people are predictable. However I thought you were smarter than coming back with the adolescent "that's you not me" defense. :dunno:

Last edited:
See, you are emoting again.

Stay with reality, stay will real definitions and facts.

showposter.jpg

I think you are sticking up for Odium, Ringel. :lol:
Let's take a look at that. The fight over this issue, like the fight over most political issues is emotive not logical.
We'll take your rational and apply it to me. My grandfather was an Injun (Native American to the emotionally insecure PC crowd), given what was done to the Indians in this country I could use the emotive appeal and see the Stars and Stripes as a symbol of hate and oppression (many do) and demand or even sue for it's removal. why don't I? Because I'm emotionally mature, I understand that the American flag like the Confederate battle flag means many different things to many people so it doesn't bother me.
Your argument does not fly at all.
Not from an emotive perspective based on rationalizations, no..... If you remove the emotive from your argument then your argument falls apart.
You are describing yourself, Ringle: emotive, non rational.

The history of the Confederate flag is a history of a part of America that reflects some of her worst people and beliefs.

To support the flag is irrational at best and indicative of anti-American motives at worst.

Well then, an argument could be made for banning the stars and stripes also. Women weren't allowed to vote for over a hundred years under the stars and stripes. Schools weren't desegregated till the 1950's and the list of outrages over things that went on during the history of our nation could go on forever.

Facts? Everyone who fought for the south did so to preserve slavery? That's like saying everyone who fought for the north did so to free the slaves......... Or like saying all Dems or all Repubs are evil. The fallacy in your argument is plain for all to see, you're relying on emotive based generalizations.

Facts? Everyone who fought for the south did so to preserve slavery? That's like saying everyone who fought for the north did so to free the slaves......... Or like saying all Dems or all Repubs are evil. The fallacy in your argument is plain for all to see, you're relying on emotive based generalizations.
We are talking about the flag, not about everybody who fought for the South.

You are getting emotional again, are you not?

No, we're talking about perceptions and what the flag means to different people not just you. Do you get it now or do I have to dumb it down even more? :dunno:

Oh and since you have the wrong idea of where I'm coming from (probably assuming I'm a southerner), my ancestors fought with the Iron Brigade during the Civil War, I'm from the upper peninsula of Michigan.
Since you're oblivious to the real history of the Civil War, the Iron Brigade was comprised of men from Indiana, Wisconsin and later Michigan the southern soldiers who faced them referred to them as "That damn Black Hat Brigade" because of their Hardee Hats and the fact that they stood like iron under withering fire. If you want to accuse me of emotion then that's where it lies, I'm proud of what my ancestors did. That said you can cease misconstruing my intentions.

Forum List

Back