Court Rules Gay Employees Not Protected Under Civil Rights Law

Civil rights is not just about race...it's about equal rights.....or are you going to say that civil rights doesn't apply based on gender, religion, handicap, age, or national origin?
That depends.

We have a separate law; the ADA, for disabilities, so that's obviously not.
We have the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, so that's not either.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act covers religion and national origin.

Gay rights is not currently accepted as a civil right. Someday it may be, but now it's not.
It is...in that a gay citizen cannot be denied the civil rights of other citizens. Of course....if we didn't have to pay taxes......................................

d
In a setback for gay rights
How come it is never presented as "In a big win for normal people".
The entire apparatus is geared toward ANYTHING anti-White or anti-straight errrrgo...Normal!
This is great news.
So....blacks or women aren't "normal people"?

Blacks and women have positively identifiable characteristics. Visual, genetic and blood tests allow us to positively ID them as such. This ability to positively ID a group permits us (society) to establish firm a delineation between groups. Now, I have my own arguments against this but that is another argument.
However, with regard to the gay community. Until we have something that can positively ID this group. A marker, a physical characteristic (Brain structure, hormone, hormone precursor)...something. Then the precedent would be set which would open the gate for ANY number of abuses. What would be the limit? Postive, afirmative, delineation...the sodomites do not have this.
Why do gays need a physical characteristic? BTW, ever heard of black people "passing"?

Gay rights is not currently accepted as a civil right. Someday it may be, but now it's not.

At the federal level. This ruling in no way changes the law for states that have expanded the protected class status to include gays.

d
The entire apparatus is geared toward ANYTHING anti-White or anti-straight errrrgo...Normal!
This is great news.

Blacks and women have positively identifiable characteristics. Visual, genetic and blood tests allow us to positively ID them as such. This ability to positively ID a group permits us (society) to establish firm a delineation between groups. Now, I have my own arguments against this but that is another argument.
However, with regard to the gay community. Until we have something that can positively ID this group. A marker, a physical characteristic (Brain structure, hormone, hormone precursor)...something. Then the precedent would be set which would open the gate for ANY number of abuses. What would be the limit? Postive, afirmative, delineation...the sodomites do not have this.
Why do gays need a physical characteristic? BTW, ever heard of black people "passing"?

Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick Lyrics | MetroLyrics

d
This is great news.

Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Loved that album....but enough of JT......can't answer my question, eh?

Blacks and women have positively identifiable characteristics. Visual, genetic and blood tests allow us to positively ID them as such. This ability to positively ID a group permits us (society) to establish a firm delineation between them. Now, I have my own arguments against this but that is another topic.
However, with regard to the gay community. Until we have something that can positively ID this group. A marker, a physical characteristic (Brain structure, hormone, hormone precursor)...something. Then the precedent would be set which would open the gate for ANY number of abuses. What would be the limit? Positive, afirmative, delineation...the sodomites do not have this.
Okay, so I'll get right to it and settle that bit of wonderment so we can get that out of the way.

ARE YOU CULTSMASHER?

At the federal level. This ruling in no way changes the law for states that have expanded the protected class status to include gays.

Agreed but it has implications.

It does, but the impact of those implications remains to be seen. I don't believe this some major victory or setback either way. The Hively v. Ivy Tech Community College decision several months had the same ruling.

Agreed but it has implications.

It does, but the impact of those implications remains to be seen. I don't believe this some major victory or setback either way. The Hively v. Ivy Tech Community College decision several months had the same ruling.

I think it's all silly, if you're gay be gay...just don't shove it down people's throats and don't expect special rights.

In a setback for gay rights advocates hoping for an expansion of workplace discrimination protections, a federal appeals court in Atlanta has ruled that employers aren’t prohibited from discriminating against employees because of sexual orientation.

A three-judge panel of the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday ruled 2-1 that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits workplace discrimination based on a variety of factors, doesn’t protect against workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation.

“This is not the end of the road for us and certainly not for Jameka,” attorney Greg Nevins said in an emailed statement. “There is no way to draw a line between sexual orientation discrimination and discrimination based on gender nonconformity because not being straight is gender-nonconforming, period.”

Sexual orientation is not race and civil rights is about race. But what does the reader think he meant by that last part?
Hard to say what this might mean.

For the 11th Circuit it means what it says -- no special protections for openly gay/lesbo persons.

If they stay in the closet where they should be then there should be no issues.

So this is more of an indictment against coming out than being gay/lesbo.

Harvey Milk was probably wrong. Not right.

Blacks and women have positively identifiable characteristics. Visual, genetic and blood tests allow us to positively ID them as such. This ability to positively ID a group permits us (society) to establish a firm delineation between them. Now, I have my own arguments against this but that is another topic.
However, with regard to the gay community. Until we have something that can positively ID this group. A marker, a physical characteristic (Brain structure, hormone, hormone precursor)...something. Then the precedent would be set which would open the gate for ANY number of abuses. What would be the limit? Positive, afirmative, delineation...the sodomites do not have this.
Okay, so I'll get right to it and settle that bit of wonderment so we can get that out of the way.

ARE YOU CULTSMASHER?

First, I would like to personally thank you for being the only person on this message board to take the time to directly ask me this question. No maam, I am not cultsmasher or shirley or stab or any other sock. This is the only account I have EVER held on this message board.

I'm sick of gays and transgender's trying to get special rights…

They have never wanted or asked for "special rights".

They have always wanted the same rights everyone else has and that they are guaranteed by the US Constitution.

RWNJs will always fight against equal rights under the law because they can't compete and they know it.

In a setback for gay rights advocates hoping for an expansion of workplace discrimination protections, a federal appeals court in Atlanta has ruled that employers aren’t prohibited from discriminating against employees because of sexual orientation.

A three-judge panel of the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday ruled 2-1 that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits workplace discrimination based on a variety of factors, doesn’t protect against workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation.

“This is not the end of the road for us and certainly not for Jameka,” attorney Greg Nevins said in an emailed statement. “There is no way to draw a line between sexual orientation discrimination and discrimination based on gender nonconformity because not being straight is gender-nonconforming, period.”

Sexual orientation is not race and civil rights is about race. But what does the reader think he meant by that last part?
Civil rights is not just about race...it's about equal rights.....or are you going to say that civil rights doesn't apply based on gender, religion, handicap, age, or national origin?
Apparently the 11th Circuit disagrees with you.

If you can find a ruling by another circuit that is contrary to this one then there is basis for an appeal to the SCOTUS -- as soon as they have seated Gorsuch.

In the meantime circuit court rulings stand with the SCOTUS being split 4 to 4.

4 of the 8 would probably agree with you. But they cannot read plain English -- they cannot read the 2nd Amendment.

I think it's all silly, if you're gay be gay...just don't shove it down people's throats and don't expect special rights.

I do believe gays should be protected from work place discrimination; however, until Congress passes a law, something that is unlikely with the current make-up of the House/Senate, this matter is entirely left up to the individual states decide.

I've never understood why the bedroom habits of gay folks need to be front and center of everything they do. I could care less and it shouldn't matter but for some reason they really want to make sure everyone knows and if for some reason a person doesn't support or like that lifestyle, they vilify and try to destroy them.

Personally, I think it's a sad neurological mis-programming error (much like the tranny stuff). I supposed those things could be labeled as some type of mental illness?

Ladies & gentlemen, boyz and girlz, straights and gays/lesbos, normal's and queers --

the only issue here is whether there is a similar case decided the opposite way so that the two cases can be petitioned to the SCOTUS.

And until Gorsuch is seated not even that matters. With the current 4 to 4 split on the SCOTUS without Gorsuch the current 12 Federal Courts of Appeals are final.

List of courts of the United States - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back