Court Rules Gay Employees Not Protected Under Civil Rights Law

In a setback for gay rights advocates hoping for an expansion of workplace discrimination protections, a federal appeals court in Atlanta has ruled that employers aren’t prohibited from discriminating against employees because of sexual orientation.

A three-judge panel of the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday ruled 2-1 that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits workplace discrimination based on a variety of factors, doesn’t protect against workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation.

“This is not the end of the road for us and certainly not for Jameka,” attorney Greg Nevins said in an emailed statement. “There is no way to draw a line between sexual orientation discrimination and discrimination based on gender nonconformity because not being straight is gender-nonconforming, period.”

Court Rules Gay Employees Not Protected Under Civil Rights Law

Sexual orientation is not race and civil rights is about race. But what does the reader think he meant by that last part?
Civil rights is not just about race...it's about equal rights.....or are you going to say that civil rights doesn't apply based on gender, religion, handicap, age, or national origin?

In america we will always have this need to be shitty to someone, anyone, just please let us have someone this society can abuse.

d
How come it is never presented as "In a big win for normal people".
The entire apparatus is geared toward ANYTHING anti-White or anti-straight errrrgo...Normal!
This is great news.
So....blacks or women aren't "normal people"?

Blacks and women have positively identifiable characteristics. Visual, genetic and blood tests allow us to positively ID them as such. This ability to positively ID a group permits us (society) to establish firm a delineation between groups. Now, I have my own arguments against this but that is another argument.
However, with regard to the gay community. Until we have something that can positively ID this group. A marker, a physical characteristic (Brain structure, hormone, hormone precursor)...something. Then the precedent would be set which would open the gate for ANY number of abuses. What would be the limit? Postive, afirmative, delineation...the sodomites do not have this.
Why do gays need a physical characteristic? BTW, ever heard of black people "passing"?

Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Loved that album....but enough of JT......can't answer my question, eh?
Oh I can Re-answer your questions. However if you take the time to read my initial response they have already been answered.
The FACT is that these groups (Black/Females) CAN be positively ID'd genetically or via blood test. As far as 'passing' can you elaborate on that? What do you define as the black communities definition of passing? My experience has shown me that when a person "passes" as black they show some of the physical characteristics of that group.
Blacks have numerous terms for members which can 'pass'.
High Yellow, Octaroon & Red Bone to name a few have been in the black community for nearly as long as blacks have been in the west. These individuals all display some GENETIC/ physical characteristic. Not to mention that they would indicate as such if tested. Concurrently, members of the public who claim to be black and are found not to be, have their lives ruined...exhibit Rachel Dolezal.
How is Gay determined? "Im gay" "I'm a Lesbian" "Im..."
This is a slippery slope. Stare Decisis is a big deal as the rulings of courts have broad implications. That is the crux of this argument and why I feel the court made the correct decision.

Last edited:
First, I would like to personally thank you for being the only person on this message board to take the time to directly ask me this question. No maam, I am not cultsmasher or shirley or stab or any other sock. This is the only account I have EVER held on this message board.
I think I can take your word for it because I'll gladly share his IP's and other details with the staff here. Having said that, I've been dealing with him for several years and you don't talk like him. I don't think I've ever met you on a forum. I do think your avatar makes a certain statement.

First, I would like to personally thank you for being the only person on this message board to take the time to directly ask me this question. No maam, I am not cultsmasher or shirley or stab or any other sock. This is the only account I have EVER held on this message board.
I think I can take your word for it because I'll gladly share his IP's and other details with the staff here. Having said that, I've been dealing with him for several years and you don't talk like him. I don't think I've ever met you on a forum. I do think your avatar makes a certain statement.
The only thing that I can provide is my word and you have that. You and I may not agree. You may end up hating me. However...you will hate ME...not this other person.

In a setback for gay rights
The entire apparatus is geared toward ANYTHING anti-White or anti-straight errrrgo...Normal!
This is great news.

If you were "normal" you wouldn't have had to leverage violence, force, and "the law" to shove your perceptual reality upon humankind in the Americas and beyond. Yours is merely another authoritarian system.

MUc7p.png

In america we will always have this need to be shitty to someone, anyone, just please let us have someone this society can abuse.
You can safely pick on

Southerners
Christians
Trump voters
White people
Fat people

This is great news.

If you were "normal" you wouldn't have had to leverage violence, force, and "the law" to shove your perceptual reality upon humankind in the Americas and beyond. Yours is merely another authoritarian system.
Please take the time to separate 'me', Heil Hitler, from whatever perceived power group which you are referring to. Your phrasing is a bit muddied.

This is great news.

Please take the time to separate 'me', Heil Hitler, from whatever perceived power group which you are referring to. Your phrasing is a bit muddied.

The only think muddied is your perceptual reality.

The only thing that I can provide is my word and you have that. You and I may not agree. You may end up hating me. However...you will hate ME...not this other person.
We will probably not agree, but I reserve hate for the most egregious of persons on this planet and the list is short.

This is great news.

In what regard, specifically?

This is great news.

"Yours is merely another authoritarian system." Define what is mine and define what is me as he/she perceives it.

This is great news.

No, I am quite certain where I am at and what I am doing. My perception is keen. The question is your perception of me. Please elaborate of go get fucked.

This is great news.

No, I am quite certain where I am at and what I am doing. My perception is keen. The question is your perception of me. Please elaborate of go get fucked.

You're an anonymous poster on a chat board hon, really now.

This is great news.

"Yours is merely another authoritarian system." Define what is mine and define what is me as he/she perceives it.

Well please do excuse the assumption that you're american.

This is great news.

Well then
This IS a bit muddied now isn't it? I think my perception is rather keen dear.

Well then
This IS a bit muddied now isn't it? I think my perception is rather keen dear.

Things beyond your grasp leave you keen, interesting.

Forum List

Back