Cover songs that in your opinion are better than the original

I'm going to flip this, the original is better than the cover, but the cover hit the charts.

First the cover;

But the Original is better;

Written by Pete Ham and Tom Evans.

Here is a perfect example. I learned recently that Blinded by the Light was originally a Bruce Springsteen song! Which one do you like better? I think both are pretty good.

"Blinded by the Light" is a song written and originally recorded by Bruce Springsteen, although it is mostly known by its 1977 #1 hit version recorded by Manfred Mann's Earth Band.

^^^

I used to think he said "wrapped up like a douche." :lol: He actually says "revved up like a deuce."

I just also discovered that Killing Me Softly was not an original Roberta Flack song. This woman sang it first.

Interesting the evolution of how the song changed with the times. :)

To the cover being more famous than the original....I think we've all heard the Elvis version

.....but has anyone else heard the original by Big Mama Thornton? I prefer this one

The Lover Speaks - No More I Love You's - Originally released in 1986.

Instantly I fell in love with Annie's version of this song, not knowing it was written by another artist.

When I heard the original it took a few listens before I felt it.

Frankly, it's just a great song.

The Lover Speaks - No More I Love You's - Originally released in 1986.

Instantly I fell in love with Annie's version of this song, not knowing it was written by another artist.

When I heard the original it took a few listens before I felt it.

Frankly, it's just a great song.

I didn't realize that was a remake. I LOVE Annie's version. She has a beautiful singing voice and is an incredibly talented woman.

Forum List

Back