Cow Fart Regulations Approved By California’s Legislature

I read about some farms that have added digesters for methane collection in other states. It was voluntary and I think they received subsidies for the equipment. In the case of at least one farm that used the methane to provide electricity, they also income from that.

I don't know how it will work in this California instance from the OP.
Apparently you really dont grasp the core of what the objection is about.

To wrangle over the question of whether more methane comes from shit or farts is beside the point. Cows shit, just like people do and introducing regulations on how much cows can shit based on the conflated concerns of a problem that does not exist is tyrannical, unneeded and harmful to the financial future of agricultural workers and owners.

If you think it is OK for the government to regulate how much cows shit and fart, why do you think that they cannot eventually do that with human beings for the same vaunted reasons?

Nobody is trying to regulate how much waste a cow produces. Only the way it is stored. Farmers do have to do that already. and not because of any laws or regulations. It's just a byproduct of having cows. The California law is just to see that it is stored in a less harmful way.
How much harm is it doing?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/04/b...-dairy-is-affecting-the-environment.html?_r=0
I don't have an account with them and don't leave the site if people are too stupid to find or post the point they are trying to make.

Forum List

Back