Cox’s viral Orlando sentiment could be contagious

...To all of those who have long supported the LGBT movement: good on you. To you who will still oppose: we will stomp you metaphorically into the mud.
Questions, America?

==================================================

Another over-emotional little Queen, making threats against the other 97%, while the rest of us are like...

giphy.gif

Real skeered now, Queenie...

Bring it on, pissants...

Last edited:
It's a very nice that Cox has had this epiphany. Meanwhile, most people aren't making this senseless terror attack about themselves, nor about the sex lives of the people killed by a scum bag named Omar Mateen. Most people are simply horrified that these people were attacked at all, by a man who the FBI had in their sights.
Absolutely wrong. Move along.
Says who? You, and touchy feeling Cox, who just now figured out that homosexuals are people too?
You talk out of your ass as usual. Good on Cox who realized he had some repenting to do and has committed to doing better. To all of those who have long supported the LGBT movement: good on you. To you who will still oppose: we will stomp you metaphorically into the mud.
Stomp away, Buttercup. People who don't apologize for something they didn't do, don't need to repent. You and Cox want to emote all over the place, knock yourself out. Here's the thing, this isn't about LGBT. The guy who killed the people in the bar is the bad guy. The rest of us are too busy keeping our heads down so we aren't the next victims of a terror attack that could have been avoided, than to play your Look at Me! I'm not a Hater, game.

Well, very close.

I recognize that odds being what they are, it is unlikely that I will personally be a victim of an attack.

Which is not very important to me, as I am strongly against other Americans being murdered also.
Not sure what you mean.

Says who? You, and touchy feeling Cox, who just now figured out that homosexuals are people too?
You talk out of your ass as usual. Good on Cox who realized he had some repenting to do and has committed to doing better. To all of those who have long supported the LGBT movement: good on you. To you who will still oppose: we will stomp you metaphorically into the mud.
Stomp away, Buttercup. People who don't apologize for something they didn't do, don't need to repent. You and Cox want to emote all over the place, knock yourself out. Here's the thing, this isn't about LGBT. The guy who killed the people in the bar is the bad guy. The rest of us are too busy keeping our heads down so we aren't the next victims of a terror attack that could have been avoided, than to play your Look at Me! I'm not a Hater, game.

Well, very close.

I recognize that odds being what they are, it is unlikely that I will personally be a victim of an attack.

Which is not very important to me, as I am strongly against other Americans being murdered also.
Not sure what you mean.

I feel personally safe, I worry about random other Americans.

Editorial: Cox's viral Orlando sentiment could be contagious

I have Spencer Cox once met, I don't know him, but I am so very proud of him and that he is our LtGov in Utah.

-----

Cox said he had a "change of heart," and he went on to provide a two-question litmus test for fellow Utahns:

"How did you feel when you heard that 49 people had been gunned down by a self-proclaimed terrorist? That's the easy question. Here's the hard one: Did that feeling change when you found out the shooting was at a gay bar at 2 a.m. in the morning? If that feeling changed, then we're doing something wrong."

At 40 years old, Cox is arguably at the generational cut-off age. Those older tend more toward fading attitudes toward gay people, and those younger are not so encumbered.

And for those freed of those old encumbrances, there comes a rush for course corrections. The right to marriage was among the most prominent, but it was not the beginning or the end of what is needed to bring gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Utahns to full equality.

If Cox wants to continue this transformation — for himself and others — he'll have ample opportunity. He could start by pushing a bill to make it clear same-sex couples cannot be treated differently in adoption cases. A bill like that died in the Utah Legislature after lawmakers claimed same-sex couples legally can be treated differently in adoption/foster-care cases. They can't.

Cox also could work for passage of a Utah hate crimes bill as a welcome reaction to one of the most heinous hate crimes in the nation's history. Such a bill died in the Utah Legislature this year after some misguided pressure from the LDS Church.

Churches, too, are working through this change, and, by virtue of the First Amendment, they can do it at their own pace. In the meantime, no person of faith need fear a hate crimes law.

While Cox's words bounce around the planet, it is his actions that will bring change at home. He has shown the courage to follow his heart.
It's a very nice that Cox has had this epiphany. Meanwhile, most people aren't making this senseless terror attack about themselves, nor about the sex lives of the people killed by a scum bag named Omar Mateen. Most people are simply horrified that these people were attacked at all, by a man who the FBI had in their sights.
Show us exactly where you have said that before and that you never said they were asking for special treatment.
and mud?

Well, very close.

Not sure what you mean.

I feel personally safe, I worry about random other Americans.
Thanks for clarifying.

I have Spencer Cox once met, I don't know him, but I am so very proud of him and that he is our LtGov in Utah.

-----

Cox said he had a "change of heart," and he went on to provide a two-question litmus test for fellow Utahns:

"How did you feel when you heard that 49 people had been gunned down by a self-proclaimed terrorist? That's the easy question. Here's the hard one: Did that feeling change when you found out the shooting was at a gay bar at 2 a.m. in the morning? If that feeling changed, then we're doing something wrong."

At 40 years old, Cox is arguably at the generational cut-off age. Those older tend more toward fading attitudes toward gay people, and those younger are not so encumbered.

And for those freed of those old encumbrances, there comes a rush for course corrections. The right to marriage was among the most prominent, but it was not the beginning or the end of what is needed to bring gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Utahns to full equality.

If Cox wants to continue this transformation — for himself and others — he'll have ample opportunity. He could start by pushing a bill to make it clear same-sex couples cannot be treated differently in adoption cases. A bill like that died in the Utah Legislature after lawmakers claimed same-sex couples legally can be treated differently in adoption/foster-care cases. They can't.

Cox also could work for passage of a Utah hate crimes bill as a welcome reaction to one of the most heinous hate crimes in the nation's history. Such a bill died in the Utah Legislature this year after some misguided pressure from the LDS Church.

Churches, too, are working through this change, and, by virtue of the First Amendment, they can do it at their own pace. In the meantime, no person of faith need fear a hate crimes law.

While Cox's words bounce around the planet, it is his actions that will bring change at home. He has shown the courage to follow his heart.

Correct. Post more.

-----

I'm older than this fool, and it didn't change my feelings on the mass murder at all.

Does that mean I'm doing something right?
You are unimportant in what you think is the point. You have demonstrated you will lie and deny it in order to get where you want. Partisan hacks like you are a shit on humanity.

Projecting much, you pathetic slime ball. The last thing we need in this country are more thought crime laws. Isn't it pretty obvious that anyone who kills another, except in self defense, is being hateful? But you regressives are too stupid to realize that, for you more laws are the answer when they accomplish nothing. So feel free to keep doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results, zip.

"And, more importantly, I know what it feels like to be loved. I grew up in a small town. I went to a small rural high school. There were some kids in my class that were different from me, and sometimes I wasn't kind to them. I didn't know it at the time, but I know now that they were gay. I regret not treating them with the kindness, dignity and respect — the love — that they deserve.

"For that I sincerely and humbly apologize."

Let’s hope that others on the right likewise realize that they’re wrong to seek to disadvantage gay and transgender Americans for no other reason than who they are.

"And, more importantly, I know what it feels like to be loved. I grew up in a small town. I went to a small rural high school. There were some kids in my class that were different from me, and sometimes I wasn't kind to them. I didn't know it at the time, but I know now that they were gay. I regret not treating them with the kindness, dignity and respect — the love — that they deserve.

"For that I sincerely and humbly apologize."

Let’s hope that others on the right likewise realize that they’re wrong to seek to disadvantage gay and transgender Americans for no other reason than who they are.

Like you care.

You'll give this fool his one moment of "good press" because it serves your purpose to smear the Right overall.

As you just did.

AND tomorrow if this Cox says or does ANYTHING that threatens the Lefty Agenda, you'll forget this day ever happened, or accuse him of backsliding or still be racist, or some such bullshit.

IF YOU WERE SINCERE YOU WOULD HAVE CELEBRATED HIS REACHING OUT WITHOUT TRYING TO SCORE A PARTISAN POLITICAL POINT.

Good to see the regressive far right back down. Cowards.

And could you think of a response that is LESS ENCOURAGING to other republicans who might feel the same as Cox?

Again, you demonstrate my point.

The LGBT agenda is not about the LGBT, but about smearing and targeting the Left's political enemies.

-----

Sounds to me like he had a lapse in judgement and will likely come to his senses soon. It has been very hot lately so maybe the heat is getting to him

-Geaux

Forum List

Back