CPAC Presidential Straw Poll Picks Guy Who Thinks Whites-Only Lunch Counters Should B

This whole line is really just a smear campaign by the establishment or their unwitting tools.

Rand Paul would really threaten change in America, on some important grounds including privacy, and they cant stand that thought. So they hype up this line of attack. It's pathetic. Do they really think that if elected Rand would bring back segregation?!!! How FUCKING STUPID.

no one wants segregation.

thats exactly what im saying...can you read!...yet some people are smearing Paul because they think (or want others to think) that that is what he would do.....it is a pathetic cheap, moronic smear.

no one has said they support that, the op is a lie.

Actually, he did.

"INTERVIEWER: But under your philosophy, it would be okay for Dr. King not to be served at the counter at Woolworths?
PAUL: I would not go to that Woolworths, and I would stand up in my community and say that it is abhorrent, um, but, the hard part—and this is the hard part about believing in freedom—is, if you believe in the First Amendment, for example—you have too, for example, most good defenders of the First Amendment will believe in abhorrent groups standing up and saying awful things. . . . It’s the same way with other behaviors. In a free society, we will tolerate boorish people, who have abhorrent behavior."

you really need a reading comprehension course. he did not say what you claim he said.

he said that refusing service would be wrong and that he would not patronize a business that discriminated.

But, and this is the part that you libs don't get, reall freedom includes the freedom to do stupid things that hurt your own business.

If I go into a black bar in the lower ninth ward of New Orleans I will not be served, I will be asked to leave, if I refuse I wll be thrown out or worse. Why would I, or anyone else, want to do business with a place that does not want me?

this shit works both ways, I have seen it. Either you are very naive, or totally brain dead if you think otherwise.

I think it's you... .I've never been refused service anywhere.

Try thinking next time.

Try not making an idiotic statement next time, or if you are being sarcastic, add the mention of it. You are new to the board, so your ideological bent is not known.

You are getting negged, however for being a snarky asshat, whatever your alignment.

you're right, I have made the mistake of trying to have an honest discussion with this idiot. I will no waste any more time with the idiot. I may add him to my ignore list.
Fine by me. You aren't very bright.

those same people did not vote for Kennedy because the thought the pope would be running the country---------didn't happen.

How would you feel about a muslim president? how about a buddhist? wicken? atheist? southern baptist? anglican? shinto? hindu? druid?

You bring up the mormon thing because it can be used to scare people and help libtards like obama take control.

obama cancelled the national day of prayer but participated in a muslim day of prayer in DC. Does that bother you at all? or does party trump all else? fuckin idiot.
A secular country doesn't have a National day of Prayer, and I suspect you are lying regardless. And you don't run someone with a "religion" others won't vote for, unless you wish to lose that is.

We are not a secular country.

President George Washington's National Day of Prayer

Thanksgiving Proclamation

Issued by President George Washington, at the request of Congress, on October 3, 1789

By the President of the United States of America, a Proclamation.

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and—Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me “to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:”

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favor, able interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted; for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations, and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally, to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

Go. Washington
A religious country that doesn't mention God in its founding document? Yeah, right...

the law also says murder is illegal, so I guess murders don't actually happen.

Try thinking next time.

Try not making an idiotic statement next time, or if you are being sarcastic, add the mention of it. You are new to the board, so your ideological bent is not known.

You are getting negged, however for being a snarky asshat, whatever your alignment.
How will I ever survive? Oh wait, I don't give a damn. See ya.

you're right, I have made the mistake of trying to have an honest discussion with this idiot. I will no waste any more time with the idiot. I may add him to my ignore list.
Fine by me. You aren't very bright.

From you that's fucking hilarious and depressing at the same time.

How many businesses do you people actually think would deny service to people for whatever reason?

My bet is that it would be damn few and the ones that did would see a mass exodus of customers and would most likely go under.

Seems to me that is a desirable result.

Actually, he did.

you really need a reading comprehension course. he did not say what you claim he said.

he said that refusing service would be wrong and that he would not patronize a business that discriminated.

But, and this is the part that you libs don't get, reall freedom includes the freedom to do stupid things that hurt your own business.

If I go into a black bar in the lower ninth ward of New Orleans I will not be served, I will be asked to leave, if I refuse I wll be thrown out or worse. Why would I, or anyone else, want to do business with a place that does not want me?

this shit works both ways, I have seen it. Either you are very naive, or totally brain dead if you think otherwise.

I think it's you... .I've never been refused service anywhere.

have you ever been to a black bar in the lower ninth ward? how about south central LA? harlem? the black bottoms of Detroit?

try it, you will be refused, if you survive.

our entire statute of laws is based on the judeo/christian code of right and wrong.

No it's not.
How many of the 10 commandments are in our laws?

lets see now

thou shalt not kill
thou shalt not steal

two of the most important.

Actually I extended my post to list all - we have three out of 10 (including bearing false witness - perjury) - so we took three out of 10 and all three of those exist in many other legal systems.

and even those aren't federal laws - they are state laws.
So how can it be claimed that our nation's legal system is based on Judeo-Christian laws?

It can't. It's just an often quoted, never correct saying.

Last edited:
A secular country doesn't have a National day of Prayer, and I suspect you are lying regardless. And you don't run someone with a "religion" others won't vote for, unless you wish to lose that is.
This isn't a secular country. It's a religious country with secular laws.
It's a Secular country with many religious people and freedoms.
It's overwhelmingly Christian. The culture defines what kind of country it is, atheism is but a small percent. So no, it's not a secular country, you're thinking of a communist country.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq9KuliS6AY]Rand Paul: Anti-Discrimination Laws Shouldn't Apply to Privately Owned Lunch Counters - YouTube[/ame]

How many businesses do you people actually think would deny service to people for whatever reason?

My bet is that it would be damn few and the ones that did would see a mass exodus of customers and would most likely go under.

Seems to me that is a desirable result.

and that is exactly what Rand Paul said.

It's a Secular country with many religious people and freedoms.
It's overwhelmingly Christian. The culture defines what kind of country it is, atheism is but a small percent. So no, it's not a secular country, you're thinking of a communist country.
No kiddo, it's based upon how it was founded and how it makes its laws. We make Secular laws here, because we are a Secular nation. Because God said so doesn't justify a law here but it works in Vatican City. We aren't Vatican City.

He's soooooooo 1950s....

CPAC Presidential Straw Poll Picks Guy Who Thinks Whites-Only Lunch Counters Should Be Legal

"Our case law, firmly establishes that individuals have a right to privacy of belief and association."

Doe v. Reed, No. 09-559 (U.S. 06/24/2010)

I guess those rights are only applicable when they don't clash with political correctness.

No kiddo, it's based upon how it was founded and how it makes its laws. We make Secular laws here, because we are a Secular nation. Because God said so doesn't justify a law here but it works in Vatican City. We aren't Vatican City.
I'm not your kid, get your nose out of the paint can. The majority of the population is Christian and it's ingrained in the culture. A Muslim country is most Muslim. An atheist country, mostly atheist, so secular. Separation between church and state doesn't mean that church doesn't exist.

^^^^^^

butt backwards

America being 70% Christian isn't "butt backwards." It's an inconvenient truth.

maybe 77% (gallup - 2012) identify themselves as Christian. And that's great. But how many of those support decidedly unchristian things like hate and bigotry?

I think the percentage of real Christians is quite a bit lower.

But that's just me.

But even if 99% are Christian - it still doesn't make us a "Christian" nation in that the Unites States of America does not promote one religion above any others. Some folks don't like that, but tough.

my question is.....is it not a good thing to know what food places dont want your "kind" there?.....if they have to serve you but they dont want you there,is the cook spitting in your food?.....so now that everyone knows the mindset of the owner....you can go somewhere that WANTS your business,and if the bigoted owner loses a lot of business and then decides he had better take down that sign,well the damage to his business has been done and he just might go under,which he would deserve, and the good places will pick up the slack....

In a magic world it would all work out fine. We don't live in that world.

so does that answer my question?.....would you go to a restaurant that you knew did not want your "kind" there?....now that the owner told you so....would you not feel better knowing that you now know?....i mean fuck the guy....let him go out of business...

Forum List

Back