CPAC Presidential Straw Poll Picks Guy Who Thinks Whites-Only Lunch Counters Should B

And my position is that makes it very important for the GOP to select a good candidate.
I realize that means different things for different people.

But it has to be about more than no.

It has to be about a vision for America, ideas about how to get there, and generating enthusiasm for doing what it takes to get there. IMHO.

Romney was a good candidate, he would have been an excellent president. McCain was a bad candidate and would have been no better than obama.

who is your choice for 2016? Will you vote for the GOP nominee or will you stay home and de facto vote for hillary?
A good candidate that 20% of the population wouldn't for because if his cult? Think again.

those same people did not vote for Kennedy because the thought the pope would be running the country---------didn't happen.

How would you feel about a muslim president? how about a buddhist? wicken? atheist? southern baptist? anglican? shinto? hindu? druid?

You bring up the mormon thing because it can be used to scare people and help libtards like obama take control.

obama cancelled the national day of prayer but participated in a muslim day of prayer in DC. Does that bother you at all? or does party trump all else? fuckin idiot.

It amazes me that liberals/progressives know more about CPAC and Conservatives that they know about their own liberal/progressive candidates. Maybe if they paid as much attention to who they were told to vote for our country wouldn't be so screwed up.

Romney was a good candidate, he would have been an excellent president. McCain was a bad candidate and would have been no better than obama.

who is your choice for 2016? Will you vote for the GOP nominee or will you stay home and de facto vote for hillary?

McCain 2000 was far better than any of the above.
But that was before he spent 8 years kissing butt in order to strengthen his position within the GOP. The irony is that McCain the true maverick really was a good choice. McCain, the pretend maverick was lousy.

Just MHO.

McCain was a lousy candidate. Especially when the economy went south and he had to enunciate an economic policy. His wasnt much different from Obama's. Which is why he lost.

He lost for a lot more than just that in my opinion.

But I have no idea who I am going to vote for yet Redfish - But I can tell you one thing for certain, I'm not going to make my decision based on which party they represent.

I am growing accustomed to being forced to choose between the lesser of two evils. I'm not optimistic that 2016 will break that trend.

my question is.....is it not a good thing to know what food places dont want your "kind" there?.....if they have to serve you but they dont want you there,is the cook spitting in your food?.....so now that everyone knows the mindset of the owner....you can go somewhere that WANTS your business,and if the bigoted owner loses a lot of business and then decides he had better take down that sign,well the damage to his business has been done and he just might go under,which he would deserve, and the good places will pick up the slack....

A good candidate that 20% of the population wouldn't for because if his cult? Think again.

those same people did not vote for Kennedy because the thought the pope would be running the country---------didn't happen.

How would you feel about a muslim president? how about a buddhist? wicken? atheist? southern baptist? anglican? shinto? hindu? druid?

You bring up the mormon thing because it can be used to scare people and help libtards like obama take control.

obama cancelled the national day of prayer but participated in a muslim day of prayer in DC. Does that bother you at all? or does party trump all else? fuckin idiot.
A secular country doesn't have a National day of Prayer, and I suspect you are lying regardless. And you don't run someone with a "religion" others won't vote for, unless you wish to lose that is.

Whites only lunch counters? what is this now 1946? smh

no one has said they support that, the op is a lie.

Actually, he did.

"INTERVIEWER: But under your philosophy, it would be okay for Dr. King not to be served at the counter at Woolworths?
PAUL: I would not go to that Woolworths, and I would stand up in my community and say that it is abhorrent, um, but, the hard part—and this is the hard part about believing in freedom—is, if you believe in the First Amendment, for example—you have too, for example, most good defenders of the First Amendment will believe in abhorrent groups standing up and saying awful things. . . . It’s the same way with other behaviors. In a free society, we will tolerate boorish people, who have abhorrent behavior."

or at least he said they should be legal.

(Not that he personally would support that business)

Last edited:
A secular country doesn't have a National day of Prayer, and I suspect you are lying regardless. And you don't run someone with a "religion" others won't vote for, unless you wish to lose that is.
This isn't a secular country. It's a religious country with secular laws.

my question is.....is it not a good thing to know what food places dont want your "kind" there?.....if they have to serve you but they dont want you there,is the cook spitting in your food?.....so now that everyone knows the mindset of the owner....you can go somewhere that WANTS your business,and if the bigoted owner loses a lot of business and then decides he had better take down that sign,well the damage to his business has been done and he just might go under,which he would deserve, and the good places will pick up the slack....

In a magic world it would all work out fine. We don't live in that world.

Why did the voters decline to approve gay marriage? Why does gay marriage need voter approval anyway? If you don't like gay people getting married, then don't marry a gay person.

It's that easy.

well why did they?.....they did it in my fairly liberal State twice....

I have to agree with that - and it's my principal frustration with Rand, and where, in my view, he fails his father's legacy.

I can't believe that Paul surrounded himself with neo-confederates and racists without knowing it. If he did, then he's not very good at vetting people and that would be a problem. If he vetted them properly and still gave them the highest positions on his staff, then he must agree with them.

Either way - he won't ever get my vote.

so you support and will vote for Hillary? or will you stay home and vote for her by not voting against her?

that kind of thinking is part of what got us 8 years of obama--------------lets not make that same mistake again.

Ah, yes. "Lesser of two weevils". Homey don't play that.

I could still be convinced to vote for Rand, depending on how his campaign plays out. We'll see.

Whites only lunch counters? what is this now 1946? smh

no one has said they support that, the op is a lie.

Actually, he did.

"INTERVIEWER: But under your philosophy, it would be okay for Dr. King not to be served at the counter at Woolworths?
PAUL: I would not go to that Woolworths, and I would stand up in my community and say that it is abhorrent, um, but, the hard part—and this is the hard part about believing in freedom—is, if you believe in the First Amendment, for example—you have too, for example, most good defenders of the First Amendment will believe in abhorrent groups standing up and saying awful things. . . . It’s the same way with other behaviors. In a free society, we will tolerate boorish people, who have abhorrent behavior."

you really need a reading comprehension course. he did not say what you claim he said.

he said that refusing service would be wrong and that he would not patronize a business that discriminated.

But, and this is the part that you libs don't get, reall freedom includes the freedom to do stupid things that hurt your own business.

If I go into a black bar in the lower ninth ward of New Orleans I will not be served, I will be asked to leave, if I refuse I wll be thrown out or worse. Why would I, or anyone else, want to do business with a place that does not want me?

this shit works both ways, I have seen it. Either you are very naive, or totally brain dead if you think otherwise.

Rand will never get my vote simply because I think he is a douche bag prick but the liberals better get used to him because he is going to be the next president of the US...I agree with PRIVATE businesses being allowed to not serve whoever they want that means ALL businesses,Latino,Black,White,Gay,Straight etc etc...bout the only thing I agree with that twit on.
So who you voting for little Nazi?
orion.gif

I don't vote usually but I will be voting for the most extreme son of a bitch for senator and congress running simply to cause gridlock. For president again either won't waste my time voting or will vote for most extreme son of a bitch running...voting doesn't work any more. :)

thats because so many vote for the same shit over and over....no matter what.....and then they tell me i am wasting my vote.....yea right....

Put another way, the guy who came in first at CPAC believes that American businesses should have the right to discriminate against the guy who came in third at CPAC.

And those businesses would suffer the consequences of such discrimination from the PEOPLE, instead of the government.

Except for certain backwater areas how many lunch places would stay in business if they out and out stated they don't serve black/white/spanish/fat people?

We don't need the government to enforce this stuff anymore. As long as government itself stays color blind or whatever blind, let the market sort the rest out.

Forum List

Back