Crab Spiders

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Man, they sure are nasty! I got one around the house right now that I haven't been able to reach or get a good grab on.

IMG_20240811_140152_088.jpg

This was on the kitchen curtains earlier but I couldn't reach it in time as I had to move WAY too many things to move. No wonder why I thought that it looked like a crab though.

Anyways, at least it could be worse as I found a Japanese crab spider too while looking up to see what the crab spider was. Or rather the Ohio version of it.

gettyimages-72849113-612x612.jpg

Man, they sure are nasty! I got one around the house right now that I haven't been able to reach or get a good grab on.

View attachment 994048

This was on the kitchen curtains earlier but I couldn't reach it in time as I had to move WAY too many things to move. No wonder why I thought that it looked like a crab though.

Anyways, at least it could be worse as I found a Japanese crab spider too while looking up to see what the crab spider was. Or rather the Ohio version of it.

View attachment 994050
how big is the one you have? 1/4 inch, less?

Not sure if that is actually a crab spider per se or a ricinuleid, which is a special class of spider. While I generally hate spiders, I actually like those little buggers because they are small, cute looking and appear much more alert and intelligent. For instance, if you walk up to one, they SEE YOU, they respond to you, they will turn to face you, and if you're not careful, they can jump far away or right at you. If I see one, I always leave them alone to go their own way, but I've never had one in the house. If I did, I'd probably catch him under a glass then take him outside and put him in the garden.

Forum List

Back