Crayons

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I've been a little absent lately due to number of things. Anyway, I'm currently going through the cathartic (if nothing else) throes of composing a letter to some politicians expressing my dismay at the current condition of things. (I know ... considering the verbosity of some of my posts you're feeling pretty sorry for the poor bastards right about now.)

This thought popped into my head in this epic literary process of mine which has led to this post. Though a bit political in nature I don't think in belongs in a political thread. This Obamacare business has had me in a tizzy from the get go. To begin with "we had to pass the bill to find out what was in the bill." Now that we're saddled with this monstrosity we're free "to quit our jobs and follow our dreams because we don't have to worry about not having medical insurance coverage."

I was just wondering what impact it might have to stage a peaceful national mass demonstration (freedom of speech/expression and all that) and call it "The Crayon Movement." It wouldn't cost that much. We could all purchase a box of crayons, a coloring book or two, a paint-by-number set and maybe even a finger paint set if we felt generous ...pack it all up in a box with no return address with an unsigned note saying simply, "Please quit your job and joyfully explore the possibilities of your artistic talents. We gotcha covered!" ... and send the damned thing to Nancy Pelosi.

I mean ... what would it be like to have the media get a whiff of that protest? The mainstream media might possibly have a raging major meltdown of indignation and Fox News might possibly have a raised eyebrow or two along with a little grin hidden behind that hand over their mouth. But what the hell? Instead of screaming, crying or slitting our throats as we "commoners" watched the news we might possibly have a laugh for a change ... just a little laugh "for the common good" you know.

So what do you think? Any comments? Granny needs to be fitted for a straightjacket?

Sounds like a pretty good idea Granny. :)

I would add to the note
P.S. Without petroleum our children would not have theses crayons and paints, let alone your cell phone or computer.
P.S.S. Thank You very much for passing this bill that almost killed my mother.

I've been a little absent lately due to number of things. Anyway, I'm currently going through the cathartic (if nothing else) throes of composing a letter to some politicians expressing my dismay at the current condition of things. (I know ... considering the verbosity of some of my posts you're feeling pretty sorry for the poor bastards right about now.)

This thought popped into my head in this epic literary process of mine which has led to this post. Though a bit political in nature I don't think in belongs in a political thread. This Obamacare business has had me in a tizzy from the get go. To begin with "we had to pass the bill to find out what was in the bill." Now that we're saddled with this monstrosity we're free "to quit our jobs and follow our dreams because we don't have to worry about not having medical insurance coverage."

I was just wondering what impact it might have to stage a peaceful national mass demonstration (freedom of speech/expression and all that) and call it "The Crayon Movement." It wouldn't cost that much. We could all purchase a box of crayons, a coloring book or two, a paint-by-number set and maybe even a finger paint set if we felt generous ...pack it all up in a box with no return address with an unsigned note saying simply, "Please quit your job and joyfully explore the possibilities of your artistic talents. We gotcha covered!" ... and send the damned thing to Nancy Pelosi.

I mean ... what would it be like to have the media get a whiff of that protest? The mainstream media might possibly have a raging major meltdown of indignation and Fox News might possibly have a raised eyebrow or two along with a little grin hidden behind that hand over their mouth. But what the hell? Instead of screaming, crying or slitting our throats as we "commoners" watched the news we might possibly have a laugh for a change ... just a little laugh "for the common good" you know.

So what do you think? Any comments? Granny needs to be fitted for a straightjacket?

are you kidding.... that bitch will box it all back up, donate it.....and try and write it of on her taxes.... or in the very least try and make herself look good.

she is not worth the crayons or the cost of mailing it.....

if you want to start a spam champagne.... do it by fax.

My wife and I split up about 6 months ago but we still stay in touch and text or email each other often. She moved two states away and has been trying to get on Obama"care" since November of last year. She STILL doesn't have a medical card because the efficient and trustworthy folks running the show lost her medical records -- ALREADY. She has been trying to get Social Security benefits due to several medical issues but they're dragging their red-taped feet as well. Soooooo ... she is still uninsured and still has no income whatsoever. She's one of the poorest and sickest individuals I personally know yet Big Mamma Government has let (and is letting) her slip through the cracks. I feel sorry for her and I feel sorry for future generations of young Americans.

are you kidding.... that bitch will box it all back up, donate it.....and try and write it of on her taxes.... or in the very least try and make herself look good.

Syrenn!!! Where's your sense of cute and imppish??!! I don't get to be cute and impish very often. *Sigh* You wouldn't like to see the expression on her face if she received maybe a couple million boxes with post office stamps from all over the country only to find kindergarten supplies (a subtle message on state of her mentality?) inside? I think she'd be so pissed it would melt all the botox out of her face. I think it would be worth every penny!

She's been shot up with so much botox she's not going to need to be embalmed when she dies. She can just lay there like a ... well ... you know ... a stiff stiff.

And as a politician wouldn't she have to register official receipt of all those gifts before she could pass them all out?

Relax, baby!! We still have freedom of expression in this country ... don't know for how long ... but we've got it now. :laugh2: :happy-1:

Syrenn!!! Where's your sense of cute and imppish??!! I don't get to be cute and impish very often. *Sigh* You wouldn't like to see the expression on her face if she received maybe a couple million boxes with post office stamps from all over the country only to find kindergarten supplies (a subtle message on state of her mentality?) inside? I think she'd be so pissed it would melt all the botox out of her face. I think it would be worth every penny!

She's been shot up with so much botox she's not going to need to be embalmed when she dies. She can just lay there like a ... well ... you know ... a stiff stiff.

And as a politician wouldn't she have to register official receipt of all those gifts before she could pass them all out?

Relax, baby!! We still have freedom of expression in this country ... don't know for how long ... but we've got it now. :laugh2: :happy-1:

oh i can see the expression on her face

SCORE!!!

crayons are not cheap. Even the knock off ones are a buck each. So can you imagine her pleasure when she gets to pass out a couple of million bucks worth of crayons to the ........ children who will now worship her?

sending a fax.... costs HER money in paper.

I probably should have additionally added the words " ... combined with a note asking her to quit her job ... ." I think that's probably what would piss her off more. How could ANYBODY possibly think she's not doing a spectacularly marvelous job or think she should quit?

But you've got a point - everyone in her office would be privy to incoming faxes. A colorful one-page pictorial fax of crayons, etc. with the proposed message language would work and she certainly wouldn't pass something like that on to the children. But one of the staffers might be just indignant(!!!) enough to leak a copy to the press - the MSM, of course, so the indignation/outrage would expand. We couldn't be lucky enough to find a staffer who would do it because they had a sense of humor. And it would be less terrifying to the folks in the mail room than multiple boxes in plain brown paper with no return address.

I'd have to go to some place like Kinko's or something to keep my personal fax number (if I had one) off that paper trail. I'd rather remain anonymous. She would probably be sending someone to my door.

Have a nice day! I think we've had a rather nice little back-and-forth of differing opinions.

Last edited:

I think BINNEY & SMITH would really appreciate it.

OriginalBox.jpg

LOL! I'm sure they would!! God knows I should have bought stock in them when my kids were young and when my grandchildren came along! They've certainly come a long way over the years - they've come out with some really great and interesting ways for children to enjoy. But at this point I think maybe my youngest grandchild has outgrown his need for crayons and such!

Sounds like a good idea

They could donate them to someone who needs them

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPgF69IKcW0]DIY: Make lipstick out of CRAYONS! - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back