Crazy Days

‘We have no desire to contribute to your petty fights and jealousy. ‘

220px--Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still%2C_1951_-_trailer.ogv.jpg

But the key word is un- identified. The existence of Unidentified objects in the sky absolutely exists. Proof they are from another planet or whatever, is a different thing. Ive seen strange things in the sky that appeared to defy what I thought was normal, and I was with another person who saw the same thing. Of course we were kids and at the time.. we both thought they were space ships of some sort, but who knows. there is often some explanation.

Physically impossible: The laws of physics are universal and can't be broken. The nearest star that could support life in unreachable by any means and there aren't any magical "worm holes" where spacecraft from the other side of the universe suddenly appear. So we're pretty much stuck way out here on our own.

I'm not saying there isn't intelligent life near other stars, because there's probably thousands of planets that have thriving civilizations at this very moment. Unfortunately we'll never know anything about them.

Physically impossible: The laws of physics are universal and can't be broken. The nearest star that could support life in unreachable by any means and there aren't any magical "worm holes" where spacecraft from the other side of the universe suddenly appear. So we're pretty much stuck way out here on our own.

I'm not saying there isn't intelligent life near other stars, because there's probably thousands of planets that have thriving civilizations at this very moment. Unfortunately we'll never know anything about them.
The laws of physics are universal and can't be broken.
as far as we know.

Intelligence on other planets may disagree

as far as we know.

Nope. They're just as stranded as we are. They most likely have figured out a way to travel to neighboring planets, but interstellar? Not if it's light years away. Nothing can travel that fast, that far, or survive the trip.

as far as we know.

Nope. They're just as stranded as we are. They most likely have figured out a way to travel to neighboring planets, but interstellar? Not if it's light years away. Nothing can travel that fast, that far, or survive the trip.

Says you...

609j8bzP.jpg

But the key word is un- identified. The existence of Unidentified objects in the sky absolutely exists. Proof they are from another planet or whatever, is a different thing. Ive seen strange things in the sky that appeared to defy what I thought was normal, and I was with another person who saw the same thing. Of course we were kids and at the time.. we both thought they were space ships of some sort, but who knows. there is often some explanation.

Believing that unidentified objects are advanced visitors from other planets is mere wishful thinking. As Carl Sagan postulated, we've merely replaced sightings of angels with sightings of extraterrestrials.

The chances are so astronomically slim as to be nonexistent.

Disagree

We, humans, are the smartest animal on this planet.

ants, (for argument sake), the least intelligent.

on a different planet, we would be considered ants by the most intelligent animals

The only theory I might be able to believe is that, Venus may have been once habitable. There is some evidence they had large oceans of water like ours, but Venus rotates slower than Earth and has a weaker magnetic field, and perhaps this is why their oceans disappeared. Is it possible life evolved sooner on Venus, seeing how it is closer to the sun? If Venus at one time had life just equal to our own technology and their planet was dying out, is it too much of a leap to say they came here to earth? of course it would have still probably been millions of years ago

Disagree

We, humans, are the smartest animal on this planet.

ants, (for argument sake), the least intelligent.

on a different planet, we would be considered ants by the most intelligent animals

Likely true, but they're bound by the same universal laws of physics that we are, as well as other precepts: Life begins, it lives for awhile, then it dies.

There's just no way around that.

The only theory I might be able to believe is that, Venus may have been once habitable. There is some evidence they had large oceans of water like ours, but Venus rotates slower than Earth and has a weaker magnetic field, and perhaps this is why their oceans disappeared. Is it possible life evolved sooner on Venus, seeing how it is closer to the sun? If Venus at one time had life just equal to our own technology and their planet was dying out, is it too much of a leap to say they came here to earth? of course it would have still probably been millions of years ago

Perhaps Venus' rotation has slowed over the eons, as are the other planet's rotations. There's only a fixed amount of kinetic energy in a planet's rotation. There's also only a very narrow range of distance from the sun that a planet can sustain life. We are in that range now but perhaps Venus was at one time where we are, and Earth was as far out as Mars.

If I'm not mistaken, the planets rotating the sun are being pulled in closer and closer as a result of the sun's gravitational pull. Were Venus at one time in our same proximity to the sun billions of years ago, perhaps there was life, even advanced civilizations.

Perhaps they sent probes to the next planet out, which would eventually be the one called "Earth". Perhaps some microscopic organisms survived the trip and thrived, eventually mutating or evolving. As Venus got closer to the sun, civilizations rose and fell until over eons, the planet was drawn too close to the sun to support life.

But meanwhile the microbes accidentally deposited on the next planet out, the one we call "Earth, thrived more and more as eons passed, and Earth drew closer to the sun. They thrived so well that they eventually evolved into beings who were so advanced, they figured out how to send probes to the next planet out, which is Mars.

Perhaps there were microscopic organisms that survived the trip and finding a harsh environment that was barely able to support life, decided to thrive anyway. Perhaps eons from now after our own planet has been drawn closer to the sun and life ceases to exist, then perhaps Mars' orbit will be the same proximity to the sun that would allow life to thrive. Perhaps they'll thrive well enough to develop civilizations advanced enough to send a probe to the next planet out. Who knows?

But I also follow the Christian belief that God created the heavens, the the earth, man, and woman, so this is all speculative. :biggrin:

th

Our knowledge of physics and the nature of the universe is minuscule at best and may make a quaint side note some time in the future as misconceptions about our physical reality based on the limited knowledge we have. That being said... I find it not impossible but highly improbable that a more advanced race has visited earth and that Occam's Razor offers the best solution. If aliens exist they originated here. Not necessarily by evolving on another planet orbiting the sun, though I don't discount that probability, but here on earth itself.

If a civilization had existed similar to our present one or slightly more advanced, say 100,000 years ago, and destroyed itself through war or a natural disaster would we know about it other then through myths and legends? If they kept records and built like we do today most probably not since there was an ice age between theirs and ours. However, if they were slightly more advanced than we presently are they may very well have had a base and/or colony on the moon and possibly Mars. If these extra-Terran habitats of humanity survived, and possibly advanced their technology even further since they've had 100,000 years of living in environments that required advancements, they may be very advanced indeed.

Additionally how far from the norm of humanity today would they be if they choose to remain... isolated?

Can we truly be sure who's pulling the strings of our society?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:

as far as we know.

If there's intelligence on other planets ....

... that puts them one up on us.

Forum List

Back