Create SAFE ZONE in Syria for Refugees

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
The refugees trying to escape from the warring in Syria and the genocide against Christians from ISIS, should have a safe zone created for them right there in their homelands, where they come from. They shouldn't have to leave at all. This could be guarded by a coalition of militaries, from various nations. Then there wouldn't be all the problems that exist now.

This positive idea has been put forth by liberals and conservatives both. Some of them are Geraldo Rivera (I finally found something I can agree with him on) and Donald Trump. It would likely be less expensive and less troublesome than the crazy situation that's going on right now, which we have yet to see the ramifications of. In time, we will.

The safe zone would also eliminate the problem of ISIS merging in with the refugees, and getting footholds inside the countries that they move to (in Europe and the US). It would be a security solution both for the refugees and the countries where the refugees (and bad guys) are now migrating to.

The problem with doing this, is getting isolationist idiots like Obama, Rand Paul, et al to go along with it. If they think we won't pay a price in American dollars and American lives lost here in America, by bringing these refugees here (and the ISIS infiltrators), they are delusional. I say keep the whole mess OVER THERE, don't bring it here.

The refugees trying to escape from the warring in Syria and the genocide against Christians from ISIS, should have a safe zone created for them right there in their homelands, where they come from. They shouldn't have to leave at all. This could be guarded by a coalition of militaries, from various nations. Then there wouldn't be all the problems that exist now.

This positive idea has been put forth by liberals and conservatives both. Some of them are Geraldo Rivera (I finally found something I can agree with him on) and Donald Trump. It would likely be less expensive and less troublesome than the crazy situation that's going on right now, which we have yet to see the ramifications of. In time, we will.

The safe zone would also eliminate the problem of ISIS merging in with the refugees, and getting footholds inside the countries that they move to (in Europe and the US). It would be a security solution both for the refugees and the countries where the refugees (and bad guys) are now migrating to.

The problem with doing this, is getting isolationist idiots like Obama, Rand Paul, et al to go along with it. If they think we won't pay a price in American dollars and American lives lost here in America, by bringing these refugees here (and the ISIS infiltrators), they are delusional. I say keep the whole mess OVER THERE, don't bring it here.

There already is a safe zone in Syria, guarded by the Syrian army, Hezbollah, Iranian "advisers" and the Russian airforce.

Or do you mean a safe zone for the moderate jihadis?

:alcoholic:

Hasn't every refugee safe zone in history wound up being targetted by one side or both?

There already is a safe zone in Syria, guarded by the Syrian army, Hezbollah, Iranian "advisers" and the Russian airforce. Or do you mean a safe zone for the moderate jihadis?
Yeah ? And WHERE is that ? (longtitude & latitude) I still see refugees running for their lives.

But not now - not enough people have been killed - it's not genocide yet...
:rolleyes:
Kerry: 'There Will Come a Time Perhaps Where We Will Talk to Iran' About Ending Syrian Conflict
October 26, 2015 | A new multinational push is underway to bring about a political solution to the Syrian civil war, and Secretary of State John Kerry suggested the U.S. may be moving away from opposing Iranian involvement.
Kerry met with counterparts from Russia, Turkey and Saudi Arabia in Vienna on Friday to discuss how to revive a long-stalled initiative for a negotiated political transition in Syria. The four agreed for a second meeting, bringing other countries into the process, “hopefully as early as next Friday.” The U.S. objected to previous attempts to include Iran in multilateral talks on Syria’s future, but when Kerry was asked about potential Iranian participation, and whether Iran could be trusted in such a process, he did not reject it out of hand.

It was not a question of trust, he said. “If some country with whom we have differences were to participate in any kind of a meeting, then it would be very quick and easy to determine whether that country is there as an obstruction or as a bona fide participant seeking a solution,” Kerry added. “For the moment, Iran is not at the table, and there will come a time perhaps where we will talk to Iran, but we’re not at that moment at this point in time,” he said. Asked again whether he envisaged Iran taking part in Friday’s talks, Kerry said he did not want to speculate “about when or if or what might happen with respect to Iranian participation.”

Citing several other countries the Middle East, including Jordan, Egypt and Gulf states, as well as several in Europe, he added that “we want to be inclusive and err on the side of inclusivity rather than exclusivity.” “Multilateral diplomacy requires maximizing people who can have a positive impact, and we obviously want to see this have a positive impact.” Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov listed several “influential states” Moscow wants to draw into the process, including Iran. “Many external actors and not only those four that gathered in Vienna are obviously involved in the Syrian crisis,” he said. Russia had therefore called broader participation in forthcoming meetings, and “we especially stressed that it should include Iran and Egypt,” he added.

MORE

Hasn't every refugee safe zone in history wound up being targetted by one side or both?
If I knew I wouldn't care. The idea is to do the right thing, and stick to it, and make it work.

How Bosnian Muslims view Christians 20 years after Srebrenica massacre

"This weekend marks 20 years since the Srebrenica massacre – the killing of 7,000-8,000 Muslim men and boys by Bosnian Serb forces in a Bosnian town that had been designated a United Nations safe haven."

Its a ME problem. Let them take care of it. Let them make room for those refugees.

Europe has let many in an problems abound.

We sure as shit don't need them in America.

Forum List

Back