Crossing the unpresidential line: Media excoriates Clinton for banning a reporter from NH campaign

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
Yep. Hillary is now picking and choosing whom can cover her campaign. She banned Daily Mail and designated print pool reporter David Martosko from covering her campaign because he dared criticize her campaign's lack of transparency. And for that, every media giant in the US descended on her campaign like a pack of angry wolves. The 14 organizations that made up Clinton’s traveling pool at her New Hampshire campaign sent out a statement today:

“We would like to see all campaign events open to the public and the full press corps, but when that is not possible we have agreed to pool coverage. We haven't yet had a clear explanation about why the pool reporter for today's events was denied access. But any attempt by the campaign to dictate who is in the pool is unacceptable. The pool is open to any print organization willing to take part."

Now, a print pool works something like this: rather than send fifty reporters from fifty news outlets to a given event, press organizations typically set up “pools” of reporters who take turns attending events and filing pool reports of what happened. Essentially it is a chosen rotation of reporters as decided on by the pool of press reporters.

Such blatant disregard for freedom of the press is...not surprising coming from Hillary Clinton. Just imagine what will happen if she wins the White House. Freedom of the press is a core premise set forth by the 1st Amendment. It is not up to Hillary and her minions to dictate whom and what covers her campaign.

The Clinton campaign denied access to the designated print pool reporter in New Hampshire this morning.

David Martosko of DailyMail.com was told by Hillary for New Hampshire staffer Meredith Thatcher that he was not approved for Monday's pooled events.

When Martosko asked Thatcher to phone her boss, Harrell Kirstein, he was again told that he had not been approved by the campaign.

Martosko pressed further and asked Thatcher if he was being prohibited from getting on either of the pool vans, to which she replied; 'I'm afraid that's right.'

When he asked why, she responded; 'All I know is what Harrell has told me. I got an email saying the print pooler would be changed for today. Sorry.'

Hillary Clinton campaign denies access to Daily Mail s political editor Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Come now. I thought all the reporters were allowed to cover Hillary's campaign? Figures now, though, that she may have something to hide. Again.

But why? Shouldn't her campaign should be fully accessible to all the reporters? She may as well have handed the GOP red meat with this incident.

Yep. Hillary is now picking and choosing whom can cover her campaign. She banned Daily Mail and designated print pool reporter David Martosko from covering her campaign because he dared criticize her campaign's lack of transparency. And for that, every media giant in the US descended on her campaign like a pack of angry wolves. The 14 organizations that made up Clinton’s traveling pool sent out a statement today:

“We would like to see all campaign events open to the public and the full press corps, but when that is not possible we have agreed to pool coverage. We haven't yet had a clear explanation about why the pool reporter for today's events was denied access. But any attempt by the campaign to dictate who is in the pool is unacceptable. The pool is open to any print organization willing to take part."

Now, a print pool works something like this: rather than send fifty reporters from fifty news outlets to a given event, press organizations typically set up “pools” of reporters who take turns attending events and filing pool reports of what happened. Essentially it is a chosen rotation of reporters as decided on by the press.

Such blatant disregard for freedom of the press is...not surprising coming from Hillary Clinton. Just imagine what will happen if she wins the White House. Freedom of the press is a core premise set forth by the 1st Amendment. It is not up to Hillary and her minions to dictate whom and what covers her campaign.

The Clinton campaign denied access to the designated print pool reporter in New Hampshire this morning.

David Martosko of DailyMail.com was told by Hillary for New Hampshire staffer Meredith Thatcher that he was not approved for Monday's pooled events.

When Martosko asked Thatcher to phone her boss, Harrell Kirstein, he was again told that he had not been approved by the campaign.

Martosko pressed further and asked Thatcher if he was being prohibited from getting on either of the pool vans, to which she replied; 'I'm afraid that's right.'

When he asked why, she responded; 'All I know is what Harrell has told me. I got an email saying the print pooler would be changed for today. Sorry.'

Hillary Clinton campaign denies access to Daily Mail s political editor Daily Mail Online

Anyone who would vote for this woman would also vote for Adolph Hitler.

Come now. I thought all the reporters were allowed to cover Hillary's campaign? Figures now, though, that she may have something to hide. Again.
Maybe the press can come up with a solution... such as boycotting all of her events until she decides to play nice.:badgrin:

What's crazy is that her campaign has pushed this to the outer limits. It was their mandate to have only one reporter cover her daily. BUT it was up to the media to choose who would be the pool representative.

Man oh man it's outrageous. And they really treated him like shit. Not classy and way way way out of line

Here's his report.

The day Hillary s team booted me off the bus The Clinton s campaign wants to control which reporters can come along for the ride. Today it was supposed to be me - but at the last minute I was shut out. That s NOT okay Daily Mail Online

Grab this shit they did to him. They told him to piss in the woods.

"I showed up in Rochester on Monday morning, found the YMCA where the Clinton event was being held, and walked through the front door. A Secret Service agent wouldn't let me go any further

He sent me to another door, where the agent in charge of Clinton's protection detail heard who I work for and said, 'Oh. No.' I was sent back to door number one.

The first agent called a campaign staffer, and then told me that a final decision had been reached: I couldn't come in.

He also told me that for security reasons, I couldn't walk down the hall to use the bathroom.

'Hit the woods,' was his advice."

Yep. Hillary is now picking and choosing whom can cover her campaign. She banned Daily Mail and designated print pool reporter David Martosko from covering her campaign because he dared criticize her campaign's lack of transparency. And for that, every media giant in the US descended on her campaign like a pack of angry wolves. The 14 organizations that made up Clinton’s traveling pool sent out a statement today:

Now, a print pool works something like this: rather than send fifty reporters from fifty news outlets to a given event, press organizations typically set up “pools” of reporters who take turns attending events and filing pool reports of what happened. Essentially it is a chosen rotation of reporters as decided on by the press.

Anyone who would vote for this woman would also vote for Adolph Hitler.

They voted for that idiot Hussein,TWICE! why shouldn't they vote for that crook Clinton now?

Never underestimate the power of the sheep.

What's crazy is that her campaign has pushed this to the outer limits. It was their mandate to have only one reporter cover her daily. BUT it was up to the media to choose who would be the pool representative.

Man oh man it's outrageous. And they really treated him like shit. Not classy and way way way out of line

Here's his report.

The day Hillary s team booted me off the bus The Clinton s campaign wants to control which reporters can come along for the ride. Today it was supposed to be me - but at the last minute I was shut out. That s NOT okay Daily Mail Online

Grab this shit they did to him. They told him to piss in the woods.

"I showed up in Rochester on Monday morning, found the YMCA where the Clinton event was being held, and walked through the front door. A Secret Service agent wouldn't let me go any further

He sent me to another door, where the agent in charge of Clinton's protection detail heard who I work for and said, 'Oh. No.' I was sent back to door number one.

The first agent called a campaign staffer, and then told me that a final decision had been reached: I couldn't come in.

He also told me that for security reasons, I couldn't walk down the hall to use the bathroom.

'Hit the woods,' was his advice."

LOL. This gets even better.

Screw the a-hole RW propagandist liar. Not a real reporter. lol. The whole putrid Pub prpaganda machine is a disgrace, and this epitome of it deserves no respect from this campaign. No laws broken, Pubs do it all the time, hater dupes.

Obama did virtually the same thing and the press was silent. At least they're not going to give her a pass. Probably because she's white.

A real RW turd...liar felon shytte....
Controversial Daily Caller Editor Admitted to Posing As Radical Animal Rights Activist Mother Jones
David Martosko—the outgoing executive editor of the conservative Daily Caller and a prominent defender of the news site's disputed claim that Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) paid two women for sex in the Dominican Republic—admitted in a court document obtained by Mother Jones that he used a fake Facebook profile to pose as a "dope-smoking commie" in order to gather information on animal rights activists. The admission came in a May 2011 deposition Martosko gave under oath as part of a defamation case against him and his former employer, Berman and Company, a PR shop that specializes in combating progressive activists who target corporations.
Before Daily Caller Editor in Chief Tucker Carlson hired him in 2011—a controversial choice given Martosko's previous arrests and lack of experience in journalism—Martosko spent a decade working for Richard Berman, a longtime PR operative behind a number of industry-backed campaigns. At Berman and Company, Martosko served as the director of research for the Center for Consumer Freedom, a Berman-run nonprofit that opposes new laws on food and beverages. CCF, which is funded by the food and beverage industry, runs Humane Watch, a website that posts derogatory information about the Humane Society of the United States. Martosko was the site's "founding editor." CCF also operates Activist Cash, a website that compiles biographical information on groups and individuals that engage in "anti-consumer activism."
In the 2011 deposition, Martosko acknowledged he used a Facebook account under the name of "Gregory Davis" (later changed to "Preston Davis") to obtain information about animal rights activists. (You can read the full deposition here.) Here's the exchange:
Q: Okay. Well, have you ever used a Facebook name that was not your own?

Martosko: Yes.

Q: And what name was that?

Martosko: I believe it was Preston Davis.

Q: And was that the only Facebook name you've used?

Martosko: Other than my own?

Q: Other than your own.

Martosko: Yes.

Q: Okay. What about Gregory Davis or Greg Davis?

Martosko: Ah. That was—I think that was originally—forgive me. That was originally the name of the same account, and then that name was changed.

Q: Okay. And you had used that to friend activists, I guess that you were wanting to learn more information about; is that correct?

Martosko: That's correct.
Martosko's aim was to connect with animal rights activists as Facebook friends to collect intelligence on their plans and activities. Later in the deposition, Martosko said that he didn't remember how many activists he friended using the Davis account.
Although animal rights activists had long suspected that Martosko was behind the Davis Facebook account, the deposition marked the first time he acknowledged the scheme. Martosko appears to have created the Facebook account in 2009, according to an exhaustive 2011 analysis of Davis' online activities published by HumaneWatch.info, a website created to track CCF's work. The profile for this account, according to the site, was "a two-dimensional caricature of a vegan activist, with a few superficially liberal interests and a political affiliation listed as 'dope-smoking commie.

The Daily Mail online is a POS, for hater dupes only...

Obama personally called the NY Times to bitch about a slightly critical article they published about him. With all the important things a president should be focused on he had time to do that. Its not like the NY Times hasn't kissed his ass about 850 times. These lying lowlife scum liberals are either thin skinned or in Hillary's case so neck deep in scandal and corruption they have to control the press.

Daily Mail is barely a newspaper in the UK... It is complete trash...
I have drank with some of there reporters and they freely admit they make sh*t up...

They are also anti Irish:
In the 1990s, writers for the Daily Mail newspaper "called for Irish people to be banned from UK sporting events and fined for IRA disruption to public transport", one of numerous opinions expressed over many years which has led the Daily Mail to be accused by some in Ireland of publishing "some of the most virulently anti-Irish journalism in Britain for decades".

THey also supported the black shirts in UK, ie Hitler style facist movement in the 1930s....

In UK they are considered scum...

I've always been a Daily Mail reader. I prefer it to a newspaper
~ Oscar Wilde on The Daily Mail.

They are nicknamed the 'The Daily Hate'

Good on the Clinton team... They can speak to they want and the scum newspaper based in UK can be let go...

Forum List

Back