🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer

That's what brain washing will get you. Start on them young and never let them think for themselves.

Bet his parents vote teepub all the way.

But really, who cares?

"... religious bullying of atheists ..." Although its annoying when the little bastards hit your door on Saturday morning, just keep slamming that door. You'll be okay. LOL

Brain washing? He tore up the approved speech that the school would allow and him going off the cuff and saying what he feels. He thought for himself, and you call it brain washing, I wonder if you have been brain washed.

I appreciate the kid even though I am not a Christian. I would also appreciate an atheist who refused to include a prayer in his/her speech after being required or pressured to do so.

All in the interest of the religious freedom protected by the Constitution, of course.

Religious freedom is big, but only part of it. The beauty of those four pieces of paper is their promise of freedom of thought.

Understanding that every other Monkey has the right to be wrong is step one, step two is crafting dynamic Civil Laws designed to default to liberty, and protect the minority viewpoints. Obviously lines must be drawn in the community sand around what constitutes 'Worship' and what is 'torture'.

If this kid can be defined as a snot-nosed weasel for standing up to the establishment and speaking in a heartfelt manner, then I guess the same should be said for any students way back when, who spoke openly about the taboo subject of Atheism and alternative religious beliefs.

The shoe is on the other foot now. It's the Christians who are in the minority in public schools and on college campuses; and it is they who are marginalized for daring to challenge the system.

And I suppose if this student is so clearly a snot-nosed weasel, then so are the large number of people in the crowd who responded with resounding applause?

I would even bet that this kid is anti gay marriage, believes homosexuality is a personal choice, is anti abortion, is anti immigrant and harbors an intense dislike of Islam.

Until someone can prove me wrong on those points, I stand by them, based solely on the fact the kid recited the Lords Prayer.

And you like licking pussy, believe that any-cock'l-do, have had 3 late-term abortions and smoke crack.

Until you can prove me wrong, I stand by my claim, based solely on the fact that you're bigoted toward anyone who's religious.

:cuckoo:

That's what brain washing will get you. Start on them young and never let them think for themselves.

But really, who cares?

"... religious bullying of atheists ..." Although its annoying when the little bastards hit your door on Saturday morning, just keep slamming that door. You'll be okay. LOL

Brain washing? He tore up the approved speech that the school would allow and him going off the cuff and saying what he feels. He thought for himself, and you call it brain washing, I wonder if you have been brain washed.

But you have to understand that only those who wander off the liberal plantation are the brainwashed. Not those who dutifully stay on it.

We can only hope this young man represents a new trend among the young and that they will no longer be so silent or compliant or as timid as their school masters. I think he is amazing and I hope he is slated for greatness throughout his adult life.

I am beginning to see a crack in the barriers that leftwing activists have been throwing up around our basic first amendment freedoms for some time now. It would be a wonderful thing if by the next generation, thought censorship and political correctness would be consigned to the history books and would no longer have any control over our culture.

But really, who cares?

But you have to understand that only those who wander off the liberal plantation are the brainwashed. Not those who dutifully stay on it.

We can only hope this young man represents a new trend among the young and that they will no longer be so silent or compliant or as timid as their school masters. I think he is amazing and I hope he is slated for greatness throughout his adult life.

I am beginning to see a crack in the barriers that leftwing activists have been throwing up around our basic first amendment freedoms for some time now. It would be a wonderful thing if by the next generation, thought censorship and political correctness would be consigned to the history books and would no longer have any control over our culture.
Maybe he'll be the new Tim Tebow since the old one flopped so badly. Right, twat?

The crowd was stunned.

Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord's prayer - Washington Times

A South Carolina valedictorian garnered wild applause after he ripped up his pre-approved speech and delivered the Lord’s prayer at his high school graduation on Saturday.

The act was apparently in protest of the Pickens County School District’s decision to no longer include prayer at graduation ceremonies, Christian News reported. Officials said the decision was made after the district was barraged with complaints by atheist groups.

“He’s a graduate now. There’s nothing we can do about it, even if we wanted to.”

This is what it will take. It's impressive that this was done by a high school student. It will take ordinary people standing up to the religious bullying of atheists and not taking it anymore.

Actually the "ministry of education" and maybe the radical left teachers union was stunned but the audience was cheering wildly. Maybe we can take a second look at the modern version of "separation of church/state" that a former member of the KKK created.

Atheists, I support your right to free speech, just as I do everybody else.

You guys are acting like totalitarians if you condemn the boy.

It was his day. So take a hike, Spike.

I have no issues as long as atheists, da Jews, Mooslims and witches can present their religious views at the same forum

I'm sure Christians would be very understanding
Indeed we would. Admittedly, this could not be said of Christians in the past but it's a new day and age now. Freedom of religion, and freedom of expression. These liberties apply to all Americans.

If this kid can be defined as a snot-nosed weasel for standing up to the establishment and speaking in a heartfelt manner, then I guess the same should be said for any students way back when, who spoke openly about the taboo subject of Atheism and alternative religious beliefs.

The shoe is on the other foot now. It's the Christians who are in the minority in public schools and on college campuses; and it is they who are marginalized for daring to challenge the system.

And I suppose if this student is so clearly a snot-nosed weasel, then so are the large number of people in the crowd who responded with resounding applause?

I would even bet that this kid is anti gay marriage, believes homosexuality is a personal choice, is anti abortion, is anti immigrant and harbors an intense dislike of Islam.

Until someone can prove me wrong on those points, I stand by them, based solely on the fact the kid recited the Lords Prayer.

This kid's personal beliefs are just that. PERSONAL beliefs. What you are saying is, because this kid doesn't believe the same things you do, he is a snot-nosed weasel. How would you feel, if a Christian labeled YOU a snot-nosed weasel, unworthy of the freedoms of religion and expression we are all promised in this country, just because you believe what you believe?

Surely you can see the double standard and hypocrisy in your attitude of "believe what I believe or you should be marginalized and silenced."

But really, who cares?

With a Ron Burgundy avatar and a name like Papageorgio? I just have to give you a thumbs up. Well done indeed, my good man.:bow3:

Forum List

Back