Crowdstrike in the crosshairs - Delta Airlines is pissed!

CrazyTrader55

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2024

Crowdstrike may get sued out of existence, and if I was a holding their stock, - I would run to the exits. (I'm not - by the way - and am not shorting it either). Taking down half of the world's functioning systems is going to have consequences.

.... and before someone says, oh, they have insurance policies to cover this -- good luck trying to collect on those. Insurance companies and banks are always willing to sell you an umbrella - when it's NOT raining.

Crowdstrike may get sued out of existence, and if I was a holding their stock, - I would run to the exits. (I'm not - by the way - and am not shorting it either). Taking down half of the world's functioning systems is going to have consequences.

.... and before someone says, oh, they have insurance policies to cover this -- good luck trying to collect on those. Insurance companies and banks are always willing to sell you an umbrella - when it's NOT raining.
They'll survive. They'll pay. But they'll survive.

But it has started a discussion about putting all your security eggs in one basket.

Releasing SW that contains such a damaging bug was irresponsible and shut them down

Crowdstrike must pay Bigly

Most business agreements are written to protect CrowdStrike against claims that were caused by an accident and not maliciousness or negligence. We do business with them and are not going to sue them for all the hours lost from downed PCs. We even had a few delayed business transactions and some 24/7 operations that shut down.

Forum List

Back